Thread: Steelers legend Franco Harris says James Conner has talent to be a star — if he can stay healthy

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Steelers legend Franco Harris says James Conner has talent to be a star — if he can stay healthy

From his first game as a member of the Pittsburgh Steelers until he walked off as a Super Bowl champion for the fourth and final time — a period of eight seasons that encompassed 116 NFL games — Franco Harris sat out with injuries just four times. He had a lot of abilities, and availability was one of them.

So he understands better than most the predicament running back James Conner is confronting as he enters his fourth season with the Steelers. In his three seasons, Conner already has missed 11 games with a variety of injuries, including six a season ago.

“As a running back, I’m very impressed with his talent — running and catching the football,” Harris told Sporting News. “But the injury part, not being able to last a season, that’s been the tough part. And being durable and reliable in that sense makes a big difference.

“As far as talent goes, to me, he has the talent to be a great NFL running back. The thing about injuries, a lot of it is luck, also. I tell people, you can get injured on any single play. That’s just the way it is. But you have to play the game knowing you want to play the whole game, and you definitely want to play the whole season to help your team.”

read more

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/...medium=twitter

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Steelers legend Franco Harris says James Conner has talent to be a star — if he can stay healthy

Franco also says this…

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Re: Steelers legend Franco Harris says James Conner has talent to be a star — if he can stay healthy

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Franco also says this…

I don't think any of the early 70s draft picks wanted to be in Pittsburgh lol.