Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RB Leonard Fournette on the Trade Block.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: RB Leonard Fournette on the Trade Block.

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Someone else was arguing that Fournette doesn't really fit in modern NFL offenses (at least, that's how I understood it. If it's misrepresented, I apologize). Thus, the throwback comment. Would you argue that Conner doesn't fit modern offense?
    No. I wouldn’t argue that Fournette doesn’t fit a modern offense either but I don’t think there’s much difference between the two of them. Similar in size. Similar YPC. Similar durability. Fournette has more wear and tear being a day one starter. Fournette costs more. So I kinda don’t get why anyone would want him on their team when they have a similar player for $3.5M less and a draft pick. If you had Fournette and could trade him for Conner, $3.5M and a draft pick, would you do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Fournette just isn't that good at playing football in the NFL right now. We can debate the type of player or style of offense he is best suited for all day and never reach a consensus. But right now, Fournette is a highly inefficient back that gets stuffed for 3 yards or less a high % of his carries. How is that any different than what the Steelers have now?

So the idea would be to give up a draft pick for a player that costs a bunch of money and is arguably worse than some of the backs on the roster now?
    It would be gamble like Ebron signing or any other transaction. Bottom line is guy is top ten pick talent wise. Give him a veteran qb, solid O line and a head coach who has dealt with head cases pretty well until AB went off deep end. If he and Ebron play to their potential you have well balanced offense who can attack in any phase. If it doesn’t pan out not a huge loss. I personally don’t see Snell as starter, and Conner would be a great sixth man to use basketball term. Like Bobby Jones was to sixers or iguadala to Warriors.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    No. I wouldn’t argue that Fournette doesn’t fit a modern offense either but I don’t think there’s much difference between the two of them. Similar in size. Similar YPC. Similar durability. Fournette has more wear and tear being a day one starter. Fournette costs more. So I kinda don’t get why anyone would want him on their team when they have a similar player for $3.5M less and a draft pick. If you had Fournette and could trade him for Conner, $3.5M and a draft pick, would you do it?
    your not trading him for a fourth and Conner. I would do a fourth, or even straight up for Conner.not both

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    No, but with Conner's history of injuries and Fournette's missed games, I'd feel better with both of them on the roster for rookie contracts.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

No, but with Conner's history of injuries and Fournette's missed games, I'd feel better with both of them on the roster for rookie contracts.
    Fournette will make over 4 millions per year in 2020...If the steelers want Fournette,they don't need to give up a fourth round pick,since his value is very low right now.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Remember when Fournette was a 'can't miss' player that will set the standard for the next decade? Just another example of why the RB position is not under-valued, just valued less than the rest of the offense.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

I think at this point if you dare take a RB in the top 10 (which I advise against), he better be someone like Christian McCaffrey, speaking of which, wasn't he in the same draft class? (lol)

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    I think at this point if you dare take a RB in the top 10 (which I advise against), he better be someone like Christian McCaffrey, speaking of which, wasn't he in the same draft class? (lol)
    Yeah,McCaffrey was also in the top 10 in 2017...Kamara had been drafted in the 3rd round of this draft too.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Fair enough...

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Yeah,McCaffrey was also in the top 10 in 2017...Kamara had been drafted in the 3rd round of this draft too.
    Yeah, Saints got a top flight RB in the 3rd round and managed to get a pro bowl CB to address the secondary and an elite OT to address pass protection before doing so.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
    He might be, but Jacksonville front office is the common denominator. You look at all the unhappy players fighting with management and asking for trades.
    True... the Jaguars send players running away.

Then again, one could say that they take “risky” players to begin with.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

So let's see here:

expensive contract
    missed more games than Connor
    less successful run rate (gets stuffed more) than Conner
    would mean giving up a draft pick
    offers almost nothing in the passing game

All that is okay because of why? Because he was drafted high in the first round by one of the dumbest franchises in the league? Seriously...remember when people were wishing the Steelers were more like the Jaguars. That was fun!

When Bell left everyone insisted that almost anyone could be a great RB in the Steelers offense and blah blah blah because they were salty. Now, heaven forbid, there were some bad rushing season(s) and everyone wants to throw draft resources at the RB position because it makes them feel bad to not have a "dominant" rushing attack because "steeler football" or something.

Trading for Fournette would make the 2020 Pittsburgh Steelers a worse football team. If for no other reason than the "bump" from Conner to Fournette is not as big as the roster hole that a missing 3rd or 4th round pick + the other roster hole from the Fournette contract money creates would be.

Finally, riddle me this oh pundits of media that want to see this happen -- would you pay Conner $10 million dollars next season? No. Weird that is what Fournette will cost and Conner has been the better RB lately.

So let's see here:

expensive contract

All that is okay because of why? Because he was drafted high in the first round by one of the dumbest franchises in the league? Seriously...remember when people were wishing the Steelers were more like the Jaguars. That was fun!

When Bell left everyone insisted that almost anyone could be a great RB in the Steelers offense and blah blah blah because they were salty. Now, heaven forbid, there were some bad rushing season(s) and everyone wants to throw draft resources at the RB position because it makes them feel bad to not have a "dominant" rushing attack because "steeler football" or something.

Trading for Fournette would make the 2020 Pittsburgh Steelers a worse football team. If for no other reason than the "bump" from Conner to Fournette is not as big as the roster hole that a missing 3rd or 4th round pick + the other roster hole from the Fournette contract money creates would be.

Finally, riddle me this oh pundits of media that want to see this happen -- would you pay Conner $10 million dollars next season? No. Weird that is what Fournette will cost and Conner has been the better RB lately.
    I agree on Fournette...He is overrated because of some game against us in the past...Conner is a very good RB but his problem is of course his health ... I want another RB which is fast and to help Conner because he is not at his best after the 17th touch per Mark Kaboly… I'm going to be happy the day the steelers are going to have an RB per committee

I prefer Matt Breida over Fournette...

Just look at the stats of Matt Breida after 3 years.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...B/BreiMa00.htm

Much better RB and fit for the steelers that Fournette….Breida is on the trade block,so if the steelers want a RB of another team I take Breida over Fournette everytime

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

So let's see here:

expensive contract

Non existent in receiving, 76 receptions. Fournette had 1700 yards from scrimmage last year and played in 15 games . Hard to argue Conner better lately. The money and losing draft choice I can agree on somewhat, wouldn’t give up a third. Ben has 1-2 years left, they need a dependable run game . I love Conners story and root for him, but he is not dependable, and the guys behind him are not starters in NFL IMO. Fournette or not I hope RB addressed.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Non existent in receiving, 76 receptions. Fournette had 1700 yards from scrimmage last year and played in 15 games . Hard to argue Conner better lately. The money and losing draft choice I can agree on somewhat, wouldn’t give up a third. Ben has 1-2 years left, they need a dependable run game . I love Conners story and root for him, but he is not dependable, and the guys behind him are not starters in NFL IMO. Fournette or not I hope RB addressed.
    Fournette has missed more NFL games than Conner. He gets stuffed for 3 or less yards more frequently than Conner. Last year was the only year that Fournette did anything in the passing game and previously in his career he had been taken off the field in passing situations. Fournette is just a name more than a truly dominant player.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Just look at the stats of Matt Breida after 3 years.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...B/BreiMa00.htm

Much better RB and fit for the steelers that Fournette….Breida is on the trade block,so if the steelers want a RB of another team I take Breida over Fournette everytime
    He has some speed also. Not sure what the price will be.
    Last edited by BlackAndGold; 04-22-2020 at 02:28 AM.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Among the last 54 RB with at least 75 receptions in a single season,Fournette is last in yards per target for a RB

Among the last 54 RB with at least 75 receptions in a single season,Fournette is last in yards per target for a RB

I love the line Fournette doesn't fit what anybody does. 1700 yards from scrimmage with no other weapons and a 2nd string QB. Whether you want to take a gamble on the guy or not I get it. But saying he isn't productive in passing game is a reach. Samuels is supposed to excel in passing game, in his 2 abbreviated seasons he had 73 rec, avg 6.9 yards. Last year Fournette had 76 avg 6.9. His first 2 years avg 8.4 a catch. He will probably end up in Tampa Bay. We shall see if he is a bust or pans out.

I love the line Fournette doesn't fit what anybody does. 1700 yards from scrimmage with no other weapons and a 2nd string QB. Whether you want to take a gamble on the guy or not I get it. But saying he isn't productive in passing game is a reach. Samuels is supposed to excel in passing game, in his 2 abbreviated seasons he had 73 rec, avg 6.9 yards. Last year Fournette had 76 avg 6.9. His first 2 years avg 8.4 a catch. He will probably end up in Tampa Bay. We shall see if he is a bust or pans out.
    In 2019 it was 6.9 per catch and 5.2 per target ... it's not very effective ... in fact it's the worst in the league for a player with at least 75 catch in the last few years according to this tweet ... For his 1700 yards, when you have a lot of touch (341 to be exact) of course you will have a lot of yards but that does not mean that it is effective….2019 was also a awful year for Samuel,2018 Conner and Samuel were fine as receiver(6.9 and 7.0 yards per target for both)...If Samuel is not better that he was in 2019,he will not make the team.

It’s a matter of what you want to gamble on. I like the Ebron gamble, and wouldn’t mind seeing a RB pick up. Breida, Fournette, even saw rumors of Lindsay. It would be a moot point if Conner stays healthy and Samuels does do better than 2019, but that’s a roll of the dice as well.

Leonard Fournette to the Steelers is not happening. You can file that with the multiple other speculation stories of big name vet to the Steelers speculation/connection that never happened and probably was never given any semi-serious thought by the actual team

BRADLEY DYLL FROM HERMITAGE, PA: Leonard Fournette. How is he not a member of the Steelers? Late-round draft pick as compensation in a trade? Low cap hit. I know the Steelers can get a running back in the draft, but they need to fill holes for backups everywhere. Getting a stud running back before the draft is a no brainer.

ANSWER: Or maybe making a trade for a one-dimensional, malcontent running back would indicate somebody lost his mind. Here's a different scenario, and I'm just spit-balling here: Instead of giving up one of their six draft picks and allocating $4.1 million of cap space on a running back who can become an unrestricted free agent in March 2021, why not draft your own back, who would come cheaper and would have fewer than 1,282 carries on his body than Fournette (college plus three NFL seasons), and then use the cap space on a veteran outside linebacker who could provide depth behind T.J. Watt and Bud Dupree … say a guy like Clay Matthews. Not saying it's going to happen, but in the area of what's worth pursuing, I see one path being clearly better than the other. You think the Steelers would be better with Fournette or with Matthews? To me, that's a true no-brainer.

https://www.steelers.com/news/asked-...april-23-x3400

It’s a matter of what you want to gamble on. I like the Ebron gamble, and wouldn’t mind seeing a RB pick up. Breida, Fournette, even saw rumors of Lindsay. It would be a moot point if Conner stays healthy and Samuels does do better than 2019, but that’s a roll of the dice as well.
    You already have that “gamble” on the roster in Conner. Why double down on it (plus a bad attitude) for $4M more? Makes zero sense. Fournette isn’t good. He’s still living off his rookie season...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jacksonville hasn't drafted a RB yet...is Fournette really on the "trading block"?

Welp, this is awkward. Didn't move Ngokue either.

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Welp, this is awkward. Didn't move Ngokue either.
    I would not be surprised that Ngokue don't play this year if he stay with the Jags and the Jaguars put the franchise TAG on him once again in 2021!

It would be a huge cheap shot by the Jaguars to him!