Thread: Easter mock with a trade

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

Easter mock with a trade

After reviewing all the back, I think Taylor is the best fit for the Steelers.

Round 2 Steelers trade their 3rd round pick next years draft and get 6th round pick this year. We move up to select Running Back Taylor, who has an inside and outside game, can take plays to the house, is super durable and a red zone weapon
    Round 3 ) DT/NT Davon Hamilton. Made a lot of plays on a 4 man line.
    Round 4 ) Center Tyler Biadasz, The eventual replacement for Pouncey and a man who helped open so many holes for Taylor
    Round 4 ) Guard Ben Bredeson. The eventual other starter at Guard
    Round 6 ) Steelers trade James Conner for a 6th round pick and select Safety J.R Reed, who plays smart can can be a solid 3rd safety
    Round 6 ) Edge/ Special teams Derrek Tuszka. Very productive small school college player.
    Round 6 ) WR Fred Swain. A quick and speedy slot guy, who can also return kicks and punts.
    Round 7 ) Punter Mann. Bye-bye Berry.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Easter mock with a trade

Why would we trade up and surrender a 3rd round pick for a RB in round 2?

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    And traded Conner for only a 6 round pick would be a bad decision

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post

Because he's a first-round talent that fits our system and won't be there for our pick in round two, Taylor has the power to move piles and score in the red zone ( Steelers kicked too many field goals last season ) and the speed to beat defenders to the edge. That's why. With Taylor, you can set up play-action because he's a legitimate threat to run inside the tackles or run pitches and counterplays to take advantage of his speed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    And traded Conner for only a 6 round pick would be a bad decision
    Conner is a free agent next year. With his injury history do you want to give him a long term deal next year? I don't. I think we can trade for something if we draft a back in round two ( conner is the projected back up ), and that something is a sixth round pick.

Our 3rd round pick is a comp pick, #102 overall I think, and we do get back a 6th round pick.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Six Rings View Post
    Because he's a first-round talent that fits our system and won't be there for our pick in round two, Taylor has the power to move piles and score in the red zone ( Steelers kicked too many field goals last season ) and the speed to beat defenders to the edge. That's why. With Taylor, you can set up play-action because he's a legitimate threat to run inside the tackles or run pitches and counterplays to take advantage of his speed.

- - - Updated - - -

Conner is a free agent next year. With his injury history do you want to give him a long term deal next year? I don't. I think we can trade for something if we draft a back in round two ( conner is the projected back up ), and that something is a sixth round pick.

Our 3rd round pick is a comp pick, #102 overall I think, and we do get back a 6th round pick.
    I prefer to keep Conner for at least one more year and hope that our pick compensation for him is fine if he leaves after 2020 than to give Conner to another team for a player who is possible who does not play in the NFL, which happen often with a players drafted in the 6th round….And no AB is not the norm.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Six Rings View Post
    RB is the least valuable position though. You can always find RBs anywhere. Not to mention you can probably improve the play of the RBs we have simply by addressing the o-line. If Ben returns to form, that will also improve the RB play

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

put the pipe down...

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I'm a MASSIVE Taylor fan and I think this is a bad idea.