Thread: Joe Burrow: ‘I Just Want To Go Somewhere Where I Can Win’

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Joe Burrow: ‘I Just Want To Go Somewhere Where I Can Win’

It’s widely assumed, and for good reason, that Joe Burrow out of LSU will be the first player taken in the 2020 NFL Draft, which is now under two weeks away (get excited, folks. Yeah, it won’t be quite the same, but it’s still the draft). Coming off one of the great seasons in college football history, the smart money is on him being the next starting quarterback of the Cincinnati Bengals, who hold that top pick.

The question is what comes after that. It wouldn’t be accurate to say that they are not familiar with winning, even though they’ve been rather bad the past two years and have missed the playoffs with losing records for four years running. They did make the postseason five years in a row prior to that—longer than any streak by the Pittsburgh Steelers in decades.
    It wasn’t so long ago that we were speaking of the Bengals as having one of the deepest and most talented rosters in the NFL. They still have talent, though injuries have deprived them from using some of that talent much of the time. Can Burrow put them back over the top?
    “I just want to get drafted to a good team, good organization that is going to maximize my talents”, he recently said. “I’ve won everywhere that I’ve been. I’ve never had a losing season in sports from the moment I was 5 years old. I’m not a loser. I just want to go somewhere where I can win”.

read more

https://steelersdepot.com/2020/04/jo...ere-i-can-win/

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Joe Burrow: ‘I Just Want To Go Somewhere Where I Can Win’

uh-oh.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

He's already said that he will play for whoever drafts him. Another example of the sports media trying to stir up speculation from an otherwise non-story for clicks and views

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Bengals are a joke in what's left of the NFL. He will collect a check and get to meet the Cryin' Bengals Girl, but he won't need to worry about crowding up his spare room with too many NFL championship trophies.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="BnG_Hevn has much to be proud of"> BnG_Hevn's Avatar
    Battleball Champion!

The Bengals were on Von Oelhoffen leg crunch away from a possible SB in 2005. They are not like the Browns.
    “They say all marriages are made in heaven, but so are thunder and lightning.”
    ― Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by BnG_Hevn View Post
    The Bengals were on Von Oelhoffen leg crunch away from a possible SB in 2005. They are not like the Browns.
    First it was only the wild card game, so they would have needed to win 3 other games to win a super bowl....The other thing, in this game it was their very weak defense at this time which have lost the game for the Bengals .... The steelers had scored 4 TD in 4 drives at one point in this game and they ran with the ball for the rest of the game when it was 28-17.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by BnG_Hevn View Post
    Sorry, but I can't stand this line of thinking. The 2005 Bengals are extremely overrated. The Bengals were going nowhere in 2005 with a defense that was surrendering over 30 points per game the last 7 regular season games. They were losing regardless. The Bengals would have needed to surpass 31 points to win and no way was that happening with a QB in Palmer who struggled in every postseason game of his career he did stay healthy for against a defense that surrendered no more than 18 points all postseason (and they faced better offenses that scored more points on the year as well)

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Sorry, but I can't stand this line of thinking. The 2005 Bengals are extremely overrated. The Bengals were going nowhere in 2005 with a defense that was surrendering over 30 points per game the last 7 regular season games. They were losing regardless. The Bengals would have needed to surpass 31 points to win and no way was that happening with a QB in Palmer who struggled in every postseason game of his career he did stay healthy for against a defense that surrendered no more than 18 points all postseason (and they faced better offenses that scored more points on the year as well)
    The Bengals defense lived or died by the turnovers ... If the offense protected the ball against this defense, they would score a lot of points ... For the regular season loss for the steelers against the Bengals, they had scored 31 points but they had 4 turnovers in this game .... In the playoffs game, 31 points too, but no turnovers and they controlled the clock, especially in the second half.

It was not just in 2005 that the Bengals had a major problem in defense .... In 2006 and 2007, their defense was also atrocious and they were 8-8 and 7-9 and it was the true color of the bungles.

Senior Member Array title="BnG_Hevn has much to be proud of"> BnG_Hevn's Avatar
    Battleball Champion!

If not for that injury, the Bengals could have easily beaten the Steelers. And as for it being "just a wildcard game", if the Steelers made it to the SB then so could have the Bengals.

My point is that the Bengals are not like the Browns so Burrow should have success there.

- - - Updated - - -

It's as though people don't remember the details. Like the Steelers of the '70s, they weren't a "machine", not like the '80s 49'rs.
    “They say all marriages are made in heaven, but so are thunder and lightning.”
    ― Clint Eastwood

Agree that Burrow can win with the Bengals but for the 2005 Bengals,their defense were just awful.In the 3 games against the steelers in 2005 they could not stop the steelers offense unless that our offense had a turnovers like the game at home in december but you can't rely too much on the turnovers.

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

I'm not buying into the 'Burrow's ' show just yet. Let's not forget how many #1's are no where to be found now. College ain't professional football and there's alot to be seen from Burrow's to say whether he'll be wearing a 'ring' or a 'brace' down the road. To me, he's seems a little cocky right now which doesn't always pan out by end of season. Time will tell with the bungholes and Burrow's. He can't block, run the ball, catch the ball and play defense the whole game. I believe there are a few #1 picks the bungholes have had in the past.