Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Predictions on where QB like Tua Tagovailoa,Justin Herbert and Jordan Love will be drafted and by which team?

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Predictions on where QB like Tua Tagovailoa,Justin Herbert and Jordan Love will be drafted and by which team?

I could be wrong but I believe Tua Tagovailoa is going to be a Dolphins.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Re: Predictions on where QB like Tua Tagovailoa,Justin Herbert and Jordan Love will be drafted and by which team?

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Predictions...
    Burrow to Bengals(1)
    Herbert to Chargers(6)
    Love to Dolphins(18)
    Tua to Jags(20)
    Eason to Lions(35)
    Hurts to Colts(44)
    Fromm to Falcons(47)

7 QBs off the board before the Steelers pick at 49.
    Not a great QB class but these guys could all be gone by 49.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Not a great QB class but these guys could all be gone by 49.
    Good thing if this is the case since this is not the right year to take a QB...The worst thing to do is to take a QB with a high draft pick(first 2-3 round) with a low ceiling.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Good thing if this is the case since this is not the right year to take a QB...The worst thing to do is to take a QB with a high draft pick(first 2-3 round) with a low ceiling.
    I think this year QB group is likely better than the 2021 class. Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields might be the only top flight picks. I think Jamie Newman who played at Vandy might be the next best, but I bet he goes 2nd round or somebody will take him late in the 1st if he has a solid season at Georgia.

Summation: if the Steelers don't find a QB at #49 this year, they might have to wait until 2022 to see what that QB class is like, or else go into free agency if they want to add a young QB.

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    I think this year QB group is likely better than the 2021 class. Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields might be the only top flight picks. I think Jamie Newman who played at Vandy might be the next best, but I bet he goes 2nd round or somebody will take him late in the 1st if he has a solid season at Georgia.

Summation: if the Steelers don't find a QB at #49 this year, they might have to wait until 2022 to see what that QB class is like, or else go into free agency if they want to add a young QB.
    If we have to wait until 2022, we have to do that and hope that Ben has at least 2 good year left ... The last thing I want is that the steelers reach on a QB in the first 2-3 round and have no choice to play him after because of the team drafted him high but that after he is not a great QB.

I did a thread on that the other day that when the steelers are going to have the opportunity to take a QB that they think may be special, they need to not miss their shot, even if a trade up is necessary ... .The good news is that a QB franchise does not need to be drafted in the top 5 .... Several have been successful in the past few years that have not been drafted in the top 5 like Mahomes, Watson and Lamar Jackson

Here the thread

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru...oing-to-retire

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

2021 draft class as of 4-18 2020 is not great but I see it as better than 2020 with some of the top names everyone already knows about(Lawrence, Fields, Trask). I would say also keep an eye on Iowa State's QB Brock Purdy who is setting all kinds of school records, and Texas' Sam Ehrlinger. I am less impressed with Mond at A&M and Buechele at SMU than the national media is. Will be interesting to watch if that Minnesota offense can continue the pace from 2019 with the Fleck and Morgan show. I'm intrigued by this class. There are always guys like Burrows that you don't expect but then they have one of those 'WOW' years and become draft darlings.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

If we have to wait until 2022, we have to do that and hope that Ben has at least 2 good year left ... The last thing I want is that the steelers reach on a QB in the first 2-3 round and have no choice to play him after because of the team drafted him high but that after he is not a great QB.

I did a thread on that the other day that when the steelers are going to have the opportunity to take a QB that they think may be special, they need to not miss their shot, even if a trade up is necessary ... .The good news is that a QB franchise does not need to be drafted in the top 5 .... Several have been successful in the past few years that have not been drafted in the top 5 like Mahomes, Watson and Lamar Jackson

Here the thread

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru...oing-to-retire
    Mahomes will turn out to be likely sized for an ugly yellow blazer in Canton. Lamar Jackson I think will be Vince Young of this generation. Deshaun Watson was a guy that all he did was perform and put up 500 yards passing 2X vs Alabama teams loaded with NFL talent...but IMO he got labelled with the stigma of being an athletic black QB that was more athlete than QB and that is why he got out of the top 10.

Oregon vs Washington was replayed recently on TV and I have to say that Jacob Eason looked more impressive than Herbert did IMO. I think Eason is the QB nobody is talking about that will be talked about in 3 years.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Eason is the QB nobody is talking about that will be talked about in 3 years.
    We have been talking about him for months...

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Love had a good 2018, but regressed in 2019. IMO, people are drafting him because of his 2018, but simultaneously ignoring his 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Love had a good 2018, but regressed in 2019. IMO, people are drafting him because of his 2018, but simultaneously ignoring his 2019.
    This is a big NO for me if the ceilling of Love is Josh Allen.

Will the New York Giants shock the world in this draft?

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Dolphins trade up for Tua, Chargers select Herbert
    It was not a trade up for the dolphins but still the right team for both!

It was not a trade up for the dolphins but still the right team for both!
    I feel like I’ll end up being correct, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    MY PREDICTION:
    I foresee the Dolphins and Chargers both staying put. The Dolphins will take the wrong QB, and the Chargers will get “whichever QB they select” killed. In five years, both teams will be searching for another QB.