Ben Roethlisberger took advantage of a warm and sunny Pittsburgh morning on Monday, throwing passes outside as he continues to recover from last September's right elbow surgery. Following his throwing session, the Steelers' veteran quarterback said that he fully expects to be back on the field when Pittsburgh begins the 2020 regular season. He added that he would have been able to participate in the Steelers' spring practices, which have been canceled by the NFL in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.

"My plan was to be out there doing individuals, doing one-on-one routes during OTAs and minicamps," Roethlisberger told Ed Bouchette of The Athletic. "That obviously is not going to happen. But if I was ready then, I'll be ready when it's time."

Last month, Roethlisberger told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette's Ron Cook that he has been working out with his trainer five times a week. He also does cardio twice a week, legs twice a week, and upper body twice a week. He says that he is "lighter and in better shape than I was in either of the past two years. I haven't stopped working out."

read more

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/b...r-2020-season/