Thread: Alex Kozora:Five Reasons Against The Steelers Drafting A RB

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Alex Kozora:Five Reasons Against The Steelers Drafting A RB

We’re barely more than two weeks out from the first day of the 2020 NFL Draft. And we have *no* idea what direction the Pittsburgh Steelers are even thinking about going when they get on the clock at #49. That’s unlikely to change from now until then. The coronavirus has disrupted the draft process so much that all the clues we heavily rely on, Pro Day trips, Top 30 visits, are useless. That information simply doesn’t exist.

Aside from ruling out the obvious, quarterback and cornerback, it’s impossible to say they won’t draft “X” position. It’s not out of the realm of possibility the organization takes the plunge and selects a RB a #49. The talent may be there; it’s a strong class top to bottom.
    But there are valid reasons against it too. We’ve talked about it on The Terrible Podcast several times but I wanted to write down those thoughts into one article to make the case against the position.

read more

https://steelersdepot.com/2020/04/fi...drafting-a-rb/

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Alex Kozora:Five Reasons Against The Steelers Drafting A RB

There’s rumors running around on social media about trading for Phillip Lindsay. I wouldn’t be crazy about that either. If the O-Line doesn’t shape up, it’s gonna be a little better than last year (as long as Watt is utilized), but it’s not going to be as good as two years ago. That’s what will make or break this run game...not the actual ball carrier...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Apparently Conner is much more efficient when he has less touch which is probably one more reason why the steelers need another RB .... Snell is not bad but we need a replacement for Samuel.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Kozara is absolutely right and makes tremendous points

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

If Jonathan Taylor somehow is there at #49 I'm not sure they pass him up.

I also think they really like Snell. He's a guy that needs carries, gets better as the game goes on.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I say no to Jonathan Taylor purely due to fumbles. If he had issues with fumbles in college, which he did, then in the NFL it will be exposed exponentially. NFL defenses GO FOR THE BALL. I would rather see Swift taken at 49 if the pick was a RB. I have made it known in several threads already I do not believe the Steelers will select a RB in this draft. And I have given reasons why. Zack Moss is a better candidate than Jonathan Taylor. I would really prefer Antonio Gibson who is a RB/WR/KR and has much more value.