I didn't get into baseball at all until the very late 70s and early 80s(78-82). Most of my family and friends were huge into the Cardinals. So of course I became a Royals fan just to be different and directly opposed. During this time I also really enjoyed watching the Big Red Machine, albeit their late years. Mid 80s I started watching more of the Cardinals games since they were on every single weekend at my house. Those were fun years with Ozzy and company. I also came to really like the mid 80s Mets team that has become such a legendary story amongst baseball purists in my area. Strawberry and Doc Gooden were just the tip of the iceberg of that interesting bunch. This is when my interest in the history of baseball started as well. The Yankees and the Red Sox, the Giants and the Dodgers, the Cards and Cubs, other rivalries from around the league began to fascinate me. The more I looked into and studied the history of baseball and the names I learned about and the feats of the greatest players the bigger fan I became. It is very much my belief that baseball should be experienced in the stands, with a glove on one hand and a cold beer in the other. Hopefully seated next to your kids or grandkids, or maybe an old friend that baseball keeps you in touch with. It has come to my mind that social distancing is the perfect opportunity for a catch. In the backyard, over the neighbor's fence, or across the street. Just no spitballs allowed.

Any and all baseball talk welcome. Your favorite team, team moments, favorite historical baseball stories, personal baseball stories. How did you come to love the game of baseball?