Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Super Bowl XLIII rewind.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Re: Super Bowl XLIII rewind.

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    That entire year was incredible. There were so many games where the team came back late in games to win. Then the run in the playoffs, keeping the ball for almost the entire 3rd quarter against SD and then Troy's int. against the Ravens. It was just an incredible year all season long. The SB was no let down either, from James Harrison to Ben to Santonio all of them could have very well been MVPs in my book. I can honestly say that when Fitz scored I let down but only for a few seconds then I looked at the the time remaining and I told my son to look at the time. He did and I said we got this we have been doing it like this all year. Both of us knew we were not going to be denied at that point. As great as the 70's were that ranks up there as one of the best seasons I have seen from the Steelers.
    Well, said. The only thing that worried me was the O line. I knew that Ben was gonna have to manufacture some magic to pull off that drive. But he and Santonio would not be denied that day.

That’s why receivers practice that toe drag catch so much. For huge moments like this.

Senior Member Array title="Drazo85 has a reputation beyond repute"> Drazo85's Avatar
    Tetris Champion! Jungle Fruit Champion!

Tomlin won this with Cowher players.

Gesendet von meinem Mi A1 mit Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drazo85 View Post
    Tomlin won this with Cowher players.

Gesendet von meinem Mi A1 mit Tapatalk
    Cowher didn’t want to draft Ben. So they both won with Rooney’s players.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Only if you do it at a Cardinals message board and rub it in everyone's face every single time someone doesn't agree with you about anything.
    What... what am I doing wrong??? So what if it’s a Cardinals message board; I want to talk about another team... Waaa!!! Boo-hoo!!!

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    What... what am I doing wrong??? So what if it’s a Cardinals message board; I want to talk about another team... Waaa!!! Boo-hoo!!!

Just don't act like an asshole and you'll be OK.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Just don't act like an asshole and you'll be OK.

Senior Member Array title="SteelersNorth is a splendid one to behold">

GREAT MOVIE CLIP!!!!!!
    LOVE IT!

Side note - Rightful MVP of XLIII; Ben Roethlisberger!

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Yes you are!

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

2008, the strength of the steelers were the defense and they deserve the credit for this super bowl, but for our offense, they had not had their best stats in 2008, but when it counted and it was important, this offense with Ben and Holmes rarely missed their chance, especially in the second half of the season and it proves that it takes a total team effort to be champion!

After Fitzgerald's TD, I was confident that Ben would at least lead us to an FG. The game winning drive in Baltimore in week 15 was also very special.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    We can’t possibly win with this O line
    Their hater will said that this is the worst offensive line ever to win a super bowl!

The AFC title game vs Ravens is also on YouTube…

The steelers had dominate this game but the score were very close until the pick 6 by Polamalu because of the 2 poor punt by Berger who help the ravens to score their 2 TD and the drop by Limas Sweed at the end of the first half who cost one TD.

The play by Ben on the first and 20 to start this drive was so huge for the steelers...If he is sack,this is game over.