Thread: The AFC is in flux, there's no reason why the Steelers shouldn't make the playoffs

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

The AFC is in flux, there's no reason why the Steelers shouldn't make the playoffs

Looking at the AFC, I see two really good teams, that's it. They are Kansas City and Baltimore.

2019 nfl standings

Fork-Fork New England, you are no longer a 12-4 team with without Brady. I see 9-7.

I don't think Baltimore will be 14-2 good next season. I expect Jackson to take a step backward next season.

Houston has talent, but not health.

The Bills and Titans are solid teams, but nothing beyond that.

With Ben coming back, there is no reason the Steelers shouldn't make the playoffs. All the Steelers have to do is avoid late season collapses, a reason the didn't make the playoffs for the past two years.

Senior Member Array title="Drazo85 has a reputation beyond repute"> Drazo85's Avatar
    Tetris Champion! Jungle Fruit Champion!

Re: The AFC is in flux, there's no reason why the Steelers shouldn't make the playoffs

https://youtu.be/s2R2sH2ScBM

Gesendet von meinem Mi A1 mit Tapatalk

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: The AFC is in flux, there's no reason why the Steelers shouldn't make the playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Six Rings View Post
    Looking at the AFC, I see two really good teams, that's it. They are Kansas City and Baltimore.

2019 nfl standings

Fork-Fork New England, you are no longer a 12-4 team with without Brady. I see 9-7.

I don't think Baltimore will be 14-2 good next season. I expect Jackson to take a step backward next season.

Houston has talent, but not health.

The Bills and Titans are solid teams, but nothing beyond that.

With Ben coming back, there is no reason the Steelers shouldn't make the playoffs. All the Steelers have to do is avoid late season collapses, a reason the didn't make the playoffs for the past two years.
    Houston has less talent now...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Not to mention the addition of a 7th faux/undeserving playoff spot because the Roger Goodell and the NFL owners are greedy. The AFC is thin enough that an 8-8 team will make the playoffs this year

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I hope a 6-10 team gets in and then wins the whole damn thing.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

It would be very disappointing if they didn't. They were in the race with poor QB play, now they get Ben back and the entire defense will be back minus Hargrave(though Tuitt will return). They should be a contender with Kansas City and Baltimore.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

The NFL has rewarded an extra playoff spot so the Steelers can freely sleepwalk through the season and hope Ben will rescue them. Nice. Tomlin's 8-8 may just do it.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    The NFL has rewarded an extra playoff spot so the Steelers can freely sleepwalk through the season and hope Ben will rescue them. Nice. Tomlin's 8-8 may just do it.
    Lol. This will wind up being Tomlin’s first 7-9 season...but they’ll wind up making the playoffs...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Drazo85 has a reputation beyond repute"> Drazo85's Avatar
    Tetris Champion! Jungle Fruit Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    At least you got his name right. Some people here tend to criticize players or coaches without knowing their names. This is not a shot at you, but rather at some other folks around here. Sorry I used your post as an example. Have a good day.

Gesendet von meinem Mi A1 mit Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I hope a 6-10 team gets in and then wins the whole damn thing.
    Don't wish for stuff like that dumbass, you know it would wind up being New England.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Don't wish for stuff like that dumbass, you know it would wind up being New England.
    LOL! Or worse, the Browns.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Correct me if I am wrong, but weren’t you (SixRings) just telling us how we needed to dump Ben and blow up the team by trading pretty much everyone for draft picks and rebuild over the next couple seasons?

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

I think they’ll make the playoffs but it may not be that easy: Ravens will still be a force to be reckoned with, although the way to deal with LJ may have been revealed, let’s see if he and the Ravens can adjust, then there’s the browns, who will probably be better with a coaching overhaul and our favorite DE back on the team, I would guess we split with both teams. With a healthy Ben, and the defense, I see us no worse than a second place finish in the division

Senior Member Array title="Dissolv is a splendid one to behold"> Dissolv's Avatar

It all comes down to Ben. The D is good enough, even if they decline some, for a good playoff run. Special teams showed surprising life, and that just leaves the offense. Which was horrid without Ben at the helm, sad to say.

Even then, with three different quarterbacks, and one who arguably shouldn't have been playing football (love the Duck, fantastic story, but 1-2 games per year is probably his max) we still had a chance. If we get back a fully rebuilt, better, faster, stronger Ben, we've got a very good chance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CPJ-AbCsT8