Thread: XFL signings

Hybrid View

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

XFL signings

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Re: XFL signings

Taking a flyer on another O line project. Jones has been with the Giants, Seahawks, Cowboys and Bills since he got in the league in 2017. 6'4" and 315 lbs with long arms. He was taken in the first round of the XFL draft.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post

line them up 1 on 1 vs each other the first day of camp 10 times whomever wins the most reps stays the other gets a bus ticket home
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Do it Colbert, just do it.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Well. They have certainly made a decision. Leaning hard into the assumed to be super cheap XFL market for the remaining roster depth. That's OL, DL, and S in less than 24 hours.

Colbert is about ready to start making draft picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Well. They have certainly made a decision. Leaning hard into the assumed to be super cheap XFL market for the remaining roster depth. That's OL, DL, and S in less than 24 hours.

Colbert is about ready to start making draft picks.
    Colbert noted in a interview on Steelers . com that they are on "pause" in free agency. So I expect maybe one or two more cheap XFL signings and nothing more till the draft which I expect will include a big UDFA class to fill the roster.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Colbert noted in a interview on Steelers . com that they are on "pause" in free agency. So I expect maybe one or two more cheap XFL signings and nothing more till the draft which I expect will include a big UDFA class to fill the roster.
    Interesting. In my perfect world, they’d still sign a big 2 down run stuffing DT. Someone to push McCullers for the immovable fat guy role.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Someone to push McCullers for the immovable fat guy role.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Such an unfortunate and misguided statement. Guys playing the A gaps are so much more than an "immovable fat guy" and the good ones are technicians with their hands, eyes and minds. If you don't have a decent zero technique in an odd front, the opposing offense will run 31 or 32 all day.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Another one.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Another one.
    Another Deebo??? LS/LB

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Another Deebo??? LS/LB

They need to cut him 5 more times first......

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Dwayne Hendrix(34yrs old) is a DT 6'3"-300lbs. Played on one of the Eli Superbowl teams. Looks like a veteran camp body to me.

Christian Kuntz(25yrs old) was on the Steelers preseason roster last year as an OLB.

Tyree Kinnel(24yrs old) SS 5'11"-210lbs. Ran a decent 4.48 at the combine. I didn't find much info on him but just based on age, size, and speed he should be able to compete for a backup Safety role on this roster.

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

With so few draft picks, the Steelers have plenty of spots to fill to reach the 90 man roster at the start of camp. XFL is the way to go.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

5 xfl players in record time ... clearly looking for the next Tommy Maddox ....the old lightning strikes twice deal??

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    5 xfl players in record time ... clearly looking for the next Tommy Maddox ....the old lightning strikes twice deal??
    Wouldn’t it be funny if they signed an XFL QB and that winds up being the guy to replace Ben?

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Wouldn’t it be funny if they signed an XFL QB and that winds up being the guy to replace Ben?
    ...and then, two years later, we draft our next franchise QB.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    ...and then, two years later, we draft our next franchise QB.
    I’ll take it. Seriously...a Tommy Maddox type holdover until we find another Ben? Where’s the papers? I’ll sign up right now...

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

The stuff dreams are made of!

that guy was probably already signed in Carolina ( PJ Walker )