Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers acquire Chris Wormley from the Ratbirds

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Steelers acquire Chris Wormley from the Ratbirds

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Steelers acquire Chris Wormley from the Ratbirds

That’s just depth...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    That’s just depth...

it is but its pretty good depth , better than most rookies are gonna give ya
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Many here liked him coming out of the draft. His heart problems scared many teams away. Rock-solid depth.

- - - Updated - - -

Many here liked him coming out of the draft. His heart problems scared many teams away. Rock-solid depth.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

it is but its pretty good depth , better than most rookies are gonna give ya

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Good run defender, brings nothing vs the pass.

They needed depth and this draft class seems average for IDL.
    Last edited by BlackAndGold; 03-20-2020 at 02:31 PM.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6. Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Trading within the division? Wow.

They have so much D line talent in Baltimore that I guess whoever came knocking they were fine with getting something for him.

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

We should make up the picks we gave away through a comp pick at least for hargrave.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6. Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

I had hopes the Steelers would have drafted him. Unless I'm thinking of someone else.

Read on twitter that he's a big Steelers fan so he should be excited about the news.

Also, I wonder if Alualu could see time at NT in the base defense?

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Trading within the division? Wow.

They have so much D line talent in Baltimore that I guess whoever came knocking they were fine with getting something for him.

That's the first thing I thought too. Trading with the Rats is something you just don't see often.

I think he's a one-dimensional player player, but he serves a real purpose.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Trading with the Rats has me worried. I would like to know why the Rats traded him to Pittsburgh of all teams. Eric DeCosta the GM has been getting the upperhand in trades. Swapping picks as opposed to just giving one away makes it better though

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    I had hopes the Steelers would have drafted him. Unless I'm thinking of someone else.
    Did Wormley play TE in college?

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    100% you wanted him.

Then, he got drafted by the Ravens... and immediately became a felon. Thankfully, just today, it was all found to be a case of mistaken identity.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    He must have played some TE.

I thought he played at Michigan with another D lineman from the same class in Taco Charlton.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Probably be a good blocking TE

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    That's the first thing I thought too. Trading with the Rats is something you just don't see often.

I think he's a one-dimensional player player, but he serves a real purpose.
    NT/DT could be the pick in round two. Wormely is a works out like a Superman, but on the field, he's a garden variety Clark Kent. Might help a bit as a rotational type of player. I don't like trading with the Rats. I do think the Steeler liked Wormley a few years back during the draft evaluation process. So we give up a 5th, and get a 7th + Wormley. Sounds like the Ravens were ready to cut him, and fielded trade offers. The price is right.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Six Rings View Post
    NT/DT could be the pick in round two. Wormely is a works out like a Superman, but on the field, he's a garden variety Clark Kent. Might help a bit as a rotational type of player. I don't like trading with the Rats. I do think the Steeler liked Wormley a few years back during the draft evaluation process. So we give up a 5th, and get a 7th + Wormley. Sounds like the Ravens were ready to cut him, and fielded trade offers. The price is right.

I pretty much agree with your assessment.

I'm fine with the signing. They didn't give up much to get him.

I think they draft another big bodied interior DL in one of the first 4 rounds if someone they like is available. I'm thinking about someone like Davon Hamilton from Ohio State in the third. A big guy that is powerful enough to play NT, but has enough movement skills to be flexible like Hargrave and kick out to DE if needed that also has some pass rush ability.

Colbert enters the draft with no glaring needs... which allows him to go BPA.

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Colbert enters the draft with no glaring needs... which allows him to go BPA.
    So who is the starting zero technique (NT) on the current roster? AluAlu?

That is the one starting spot that is glaring at me, but maybe I am missing something.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

That is the one starting spot that is glaring at me, but maybe I am missing something.
    AlaAlu or Big Dan at this juncture are the only true options ... what Burns my ass is what They are going to have to Pay Wormley and Big Dan nets you Billings and you have change left over and retain the 2021 draft pick .....

that doesnt mean I dislike the Wormley trade but Billings would have been a much bigger impact on our current roster construction IMO
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

AlaAlu or Big Dan at this juncture are the only true options ... what Burns my ass is what They are going to have to Pay Wormley and Big Dan nets you Billings and you have change left over and retain the 2021 draft pick .....

that doesnt mean I dislike the Wormley trade but Billings would have been a much bigger impact on our current roster construction IMO
    True, I think Billings would be a better fit, but for whatever reason the Browns were his choice for a 1 year deal to leverage a better long term deal. McCullers is horrible and not a good option to start or get many minutes IMO. I think Wormley is better at DE and likely a hedge against Tuitt not being completely recovered.

Heyward, Tuitt, Alualu, Buggs, Wormley are a good 5 at DE, but only having McCullers at the nose isn't a good sign IMO. That is one spot I can see the Steelers drafting a D lineman in the 2nd or 3rd round.

True, I think Billings would be a better fit, but for whatever reason the Browns were his choice for a 1 year deal to leverage a better long term deal. McCullers is horrible and not a good option to start or get many minutes IMO. I think Wormley is better at DE and likely a hedge against Tuitt not being completely recovered.

Heyward, Tuitt, Alualu, Buggs, Wormley are a good 5 at DE, but only having McCullers at the nose isn't a good sign IMO. That is one spot I can see the Steelers drafting a D lineman in the 2nd or 3rd round.

That's why I've been looking at Davon Hamilton from Ohio State and Leki Fotu out of Utah as a possiblilty. They are two guys that have the size to play zero technique, that probably won't go at the top of the draft and would be available options when they pick in the middle rounds.

That's why I've been looking at Davon Hamilton from Ohio State and Leki Fotu out of Utah as a possiblilty. They are two guys that have the size to play zero technique, that probably won't go at the top of the draft and would be available options when they pick in the middle rounds.
    Yeah, I like Hamilton a lot, but just not sure he will be around in the 3rd with the compensatory pick. I think mid 2nd round is a reach for him. He is big, strong, plays with good leverage and looks to have a good command of his gap responsibility. He looked good at the Senior bowl workouts as well.

Fotu I am less than thrilled with and think he would take a couple years to be impactful, if at all. He looks slow out of his stance and stands up, not forward with leverage. He doesn't show heavy hands and lets the O lineman get to his pads rather than getting to theirs and extending while he moves to control his gap. I think he is 5th round worthy but a project. I honestly thought Buggs in 2018 shows better on film than Fotu in 2019.

Yeah, I like Hamilton a lot, but just not sure he will be around in the 3rd with the compensatory pick. I think mid 2nd round is a reach for him. He is big, strong, plays with good leverage and looks to have a good command of his gap responsibility. He looked good at the Senior bowl workouts as well.

Fotu I am less than thrilled with and think he would take a couple years to be impactful, if at all. He looks slow out of his stance and stands up, not forward with leverage. He doesn't show heavy hands and lets the O lineman get to his pads rather than getting to theirs and extending while he moves to control his gap. I think he is 5th round worthy but a project. I honestly thought Buggs in 2018 shows better on film than Fotu in 2019.

Yeah, Fotu isn't ready to come in and play. I'm just identifying a couple guys with the physical abilities to play the position that could be available when they have draft picks.

I really like Hamilton. I like your assessment. I think he also has some good movement skills and quickness and can play different techniques and slide to DE if needed. He's the guy I am hoping they can get.

The mid 2nd may be a little high. In a perfect world, they trade back with the 2nd round pick, get an additional pick and navigate a path to two really good players.

I think Wormley will fit in nicely, he really didn't get much of a chance to play in Baltimore. He can move pretty well for a big guy and he sure seems to knock a lot of passes down.

Yeah, Fotu isn't ready to come in and play. I'm just identifying a couple guys with the physical abilities to play the position that could be available when they have draft picks.

I really like Hamilton. I like your assessment. I think he also has some good movement skills and quickness and can play different techniques and slide to DE if needed. He's the guy I am hoping they can get.

The mid 2nd may be a little high. In a perfect world, they trade back with the 2nd round pick, get an additional pick and navigate a path to two really good players.
    Yup, I am with you. I'd like Hamilton to be a Steeler. He was voted by opposing O linemen as practice player of the week at the Senior Bowl. Pretty strong statement when the guys you go against say you were a handful to deal with.

[COLOR=rgba(20, 23, 26, 1)]Jim Nagy

[COLOR=rgba(20, 23, 26, 1)]
    [/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(101, 119, 134, 1)]@JimNagy_SB[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(101, 119, 134, 1)]

[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(20, 23, 26, 1)]2020 @seniorbowl
    North Squad Defensive Practice Players of the Week (voted on by the position group they competed against in practice)

DL: Davon Hamilton, Ohio State
    LB: Francis Bernard, Utah
    DB: Jalen Elliott, Notre Dane
    ST: Tyler Bass, Georgia State

[/COLOR]

Even before Tuitt went down, we mostly used a 2-5. As I said in the Hargrave thread... he would have been regulated to the bench (not worth $13 million for a guy not getting snaps).

Often, Heyward slides over to NT. I see that happening or Buggs playing some NT.

Steelers acquire Chris Wormley from the Ratbirds

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Even before Tuitt went down, we mostly used a 2-5. As I said in the Hargrave thread... he would have been regulated to the bench (not worth $13 million for a guy not getting snaps).

Often, Heyward slides over to NT. I see that happening or Buggs playing some NT.
    This ^^^ .

I’ve been saying the same. If the Steelers are going to continue the 2-5 scheme (which there’s no reason they shouldn’t with how successful they were), there’s no need to replace Hargrave. Wormley will fit into the rotation and the rotation/combination or Heyward, Alualu, Biggs, Wormley, Tuitt will be fine. In essence, Hargrave has already been upgraded with the return of Tuitt.