Thread: QB Brian Hoyer, Patriots Agree to 1-Year Contract

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

QB Brian Hoyer, Patriots Agree to 1-Year Contract

On their way to another SB?

QB Brian Hoyer, Patriots Agree to 1-Year Contract After Tom Brady's Exit

Megan Armstrong

Don Wright/Associated PressThe New England Patriots came to terms on contracts with quarterback Brian Hoyer, according to Jim McBride of the Boston Globe.
    ESPN's Adam Schefter reported Hoyer's contract will be for one-year, $1.05 million.
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...e-to-contracts

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: QB Brian Hoyer, Patriots Agree to 1-Year Contract

I'm sure you're excited Tom...

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Hoyer is one of those backup QBs we have posted about on here so many times. Always shows just enough to stick in the league but never does enough to get his own gig. A bit like Chase Daniel. Not a bad guy to have as backup to Stidham or James Morgan(FIU) whom the Patriots are reportedly enamored with currently. But Hoyer is not the QB of the future for the Patriots or at least hope not. As much as I hate how Kraft cheats to keep his team with the advantage I do want to continue the level of competition post Brady and Gronk. Brian Hoyer=meh, but James Morgan= I'm watching and paying attention. Stidham could be very good. Good arm, mechanics, mobility, just don't know his smarts yet.

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Hoyer is one of those backup QBs we have posted about on here so many times. Always shows just enough to stick in the league but never does enough to get his own gig. A bit like Chase Daniel. Not a bad guy to have as backup to Stidham or James Morgan(FIU) whom the Patriots are reportedly enamored with currently. But Hoyer is not the QB of the future for the Patriots or at least hope not. As much as I hate how Kraft cheats to keep his team with the advantage I do want to continue the level of competition post Brady and Gronk. Brian Hoyer=meh, but James Morgan= I'm watching and paying attention. Stidham could be very good. Good arm, mechanics, mobility, just don't know his smarts yet.
    I agree. Although right now I doubt we'll see an NFL season. This thing may quiet down for a bit in the summer and come back in the fall.