Thread: Why Steeler Nation is still the best.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Why Steeler Nation is still the best.

Just sit back and think about it. Through all the years the one constant has been the Pittsburgh Steelers. Every other successful team has been fleeting. Even the mighty Patriots, the darlings of the media and the talking heads. Brady is now pitching under-inflated balls for BA and the Buccs. Bellicheat can't seem to get top level talent to answer his calls any more. Twenty years(almost) of being the favorites and just like that, it's over. But who, which team, is still sitting there, in the hunt, in the conversation as favorites each and every year? The Steelers. The always relevant, always not to be under-estimated, you better watch out for the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: Why Steeler Nation is still the best.

I agree with the overall sentiment but I'm not gonna shovel any dirt on the evil geniuses grave just yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

It can be argued that the recent success of the Patriots went out the door when Gronk left...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    It can be argued that the recent success of the Patriots went out the door when Gronk left...lol.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I did not mean to steer this into bash ANY other team. Just that "Legacy Teams" come and go but the one team that seems to remain constantly in the championship conversation is the Steelers. The Patriots may still be a good team moving forward but without Gronk and Brady I don't think they are sure to win the East like in the past 20 years. I think the Bills have become the East favorites for now. We're not even positive Brady is going to make the Buccs contenders. I have watched great teams come and go in this league since the mid to late 70s and the one team that has always been in the playoff picture has been the Steelers. Yes, except for those 6 years in the 80s.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Can we wait until they have a string of losing seasons before making a post like this?

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Can we wait until they have a string of losing seasons before making a post like this?
    Who is THEY?

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

I have always said the Steelers are the best run organization in pro sports... period. I'm not sure how much longer, though?

What happens when Rooney is gone?

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    I have always said the Steelers are the best run organization in pro sports... period. I'm not sure how much longer, though?

What happens when Rooney is gone?
    The current Rooney does not strike me as quite the powerhouse that Dan Rooney was, though perhaps he is growing into it over time. We have probably got another 20 years or so before that is even a consideration, though.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

I said for many years,the Pats are the Chicago Bulls of the NFL.Great during a era with a all-time great player but outside of that,not good.We will see what they will do in the next decade without Brady.