Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Players you do not want the Steelers to draft

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

Re: Players you do not want the Steelers to draft

Did you now the Steelers kicked 11 field goals last year inside the 29 yard line This is way too much and a reason as to why the team kicked many short field goals is because our backs could not punch it in. That won't be a problem with Taylor. He's a touch down machine, and can move piles backward.

I agree the fumbles is an issue Taylor needs to work on, but he probably has 30% ( Not researched just saying ) more carries than other top backs, so logically he should have the most fumbles.

Running back is an under valued position these days.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Six Rings View Post
    Did you now the Steelers kicked 11 field goals last year inside the 29 yard line This is way too much and a reason as to why the team kicked many short field goals is because our backs could not punch it in. That won't be a problem with Taylor. He's a touch down machine, and can move piles backward.

I agree the fumbles is an issue Taylor needs to work on, but he probably has 30% ( Not researched just saying ) more carries than other top backs, so logically he should have the most fumbles.

It was a problem but not the only problem since overall our offense was garbage no matter where they were on the field and our passing game was a much bigger problem ... A better passing game will give more space to our running game because the opponent will need to respect our passing game if Ben returns to his pro bowl form.Even a average QB might have made a difference.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Six Rings View Post

I don't think RB is "under-valued" at all. I think the value is fair given the return. The fumble issue with ANY RB (not just Taylor) is figured into that value. NFL RBs average 2.57 years for their career. What is the value now if you need a season or 2 to coach him on how to not fumble the ball?

I respect Jonathan Taylor the player enough to know he will most likely be off the board by pick 49. But if he is not the Steelers would need to take him with the 49th pick. There are so many others I would rather take there that Taylor has become the player I want drafted least. RB is probably the position I want drafted the least.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Another player I really hope the Steelers do not draft is Tua Tagovailoa.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Any of the QBs with a J in their name.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Any of the QBs with a J in their name.
    Pretty much means Tua or bust.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Pretty much means Tua or bust.
    Okay. Joe Burrow is fine. I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk