Thread: Steelers sign veteran OL Stefen Wisniewski to a two-year deal.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Steelers sign veteran OL Stefen Wisniewski to a two-year deal.

1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Re: Steelers sign veteran OL Stefen Wisniewski to a two-year deal.

Colbert makes another run to Dollar General

Hope it works out - as has been posted in other threads, the second tier FA signings have a sketchy success rate the past few years

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Love this signing , center /guard capable ...

bringing attitude with him says he is coming home ( born and raised in Pittsburgh ) college at PSU .... and coming home to WIN
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

If you're gonna roll the dice in the bargain bin, this seems as good of odds as any.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

the Steelers brought Wisniewski in for a visit in 2016 but went on to sign with the Eagles instead. (Good decision on his part since he got a ring)
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Teams were overpaying left & right for O-linemen. Colbert calmly waited and acquired a second-tier guy at a second-tier price. Good value.

Chiefs fans are saddened. Eagles fans are wishing him well. It bodes well when the last two teams for which you played are saying those kind of things about you.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Good signing. I'll be curious to see what the contract details are like, as he may be similar to Mark Barron signing. Could be a hedge against them not finding a G/C in the draft that they like...but if they do, then maybe he is expendable in 2021.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Good signing. I'll be curious to see what the contract details are like, as he may be similar to Mark Barron signing. Could be a hedge against them not finding a G/C in the draft that they like...but if they do, then maybe he is expendable in 2021.
    100%

Plus, if Pouncey retires at the end of this season, Wisniewski slide over to OC for a year (while they groom that replacement).

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    100%

Plus, if Pouncey retires at the end of this season, Wisniewski slide over to OC for a year (while they groom that replacement).
    I think you fellas got this pretty well surrounded.

No go sign a NT, TE(Vannett?), and a safety(Deon Bush?)

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Colbert makes another run to Dollar General

Hope it works out - as has been posted in other threads, the second tier FA signings have a sketchy success rate the past few years
    Hope Colbert found some crap paper there as well. Ps. my avatar predicted the future!

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Good signing. Type of veteran pickup I was hoping for at o-line

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Famous NFL family and didn't his dad play for Penn State as well ? Memory is bad but also a Oakland Raider ?

No surprise but Wisniewski said the Steelers told him he would have a chance to compete for the starting job at left guard.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

100%

Yup, that makes sense. So if they happen to get Cushenberry or Ruiz, then might either signal moving on from Pouncey or Wisneiwski in 2021 and if not, then its one more season to get it right.

I mentioned that Al Woods I believe got cut by the Seahawks. Might be a similar option for a bargain hunt on veteran d line depth.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Wisniewski is a proven player in the NFL. He has been a very good player for a long time. We don't know all the numbers yet, but on the surface of what I know about him as a player...I really like the move.

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

Wisniewski ( 30 ) is pretty mobile guard, though slightly undersized. A plug in type, this is his 5th NFL team. As long as he's cheaper than Foster, I like it.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Wisniewski is a proven player in the NFL. He has been a very good player for a long time. We don't know all the numbers yet, but on the surface of what I know about him as a player...I really like the move.
    Exact same thoughts. Bring veteran experience to that O-Line and has been a good player. Hopefully he still has some left in the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Yup, that makes sense. So if they happen to get Cushenberry or Ruiz, then might either signal moving on from Pouncey or Wisneiwski in 2021 and if not, then its one more season to get it right.

I mentioned that Al Woods I believe got cut by the Seahawks. Might be a similar option for a bargain hunt on veteran d line depth.
    Cushenberry or Ruiz would make me happy. I’d like to double-up on the O-line and take one of their teammates: Lewis (LSU) or Bredesen (Michigan).

The Steelers do like to bring back former players.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    the Steelers brought Wisniewski in for a visit in 2016 but went on to sign with the Eagles instead. (Good decision on his part since he got a ring)
    He's got two rings. Eagles 2017 and Chiefs last year (he started in both Superbowls).

2 years $2.85 million

Home... run!!!

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

2 years $2.85 million

Home... run!!!

WOW!! Are you shitting me right now?

That is a steal!

Senior Member Array title="ThorndikeFFA has much to be proud of">

Great signing! Good kid with real NFL experience.

2 years $2.85 million

Home... run!!!
    Those numbers are too good to be true. Source please, and I hope you are correct!

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Six Rings View Post
    Those numbers are too good to be true. Source please, and I hope you are correct!

maybe this one?

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...ee-agency-news

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post

Wow, so se got Wisniewski who is better than Finney for less money. Lucky and impressive. He must have wanted to play for the Steelers.

Quote Originally Posted by Six Rings View Post
    Wow, so se got Wisniewski who is better than Finney for less money. Lucky and impressive. He must have wanted to play for the Steelers.

Everything indicates he really wants to be here, and was willing to do whatever to get here.

That's awesome. I was always a huge fan being a Penn State fan and a guy that followed his career. I am now an even bigger fan.