Thread: In 3...2...1... Gurley Thread!

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

In 3...2...1... Gurley Thread!

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Re: In 3...2...1... Gurley Thread!

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Really unfortunate for Gurley.

Do not pay running backs. You draft them, run the wheels off them, then let them walk.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    I do t get it...what’s he celebrating that Gurley got some money before he got cut and now he’s cut (and most likely) going to get an incentive laden deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I do t get it...what’s he celebrating that Gurley got some money before he got cut and now he’s cut (and most likely) going to get an incentive laden deal?
    Not sure why he would draw attention to the fact that signing RBs to big guaranteed contracts is a major mistake. Then again, nobody every accused Le'Veon of logic and intelligence.

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Apologize for the confusion

I should have included that Le’Veon’s tweets were his reaction when Gurley got his deal in 2018 when I posted that it was the Rams that were tripping rather than not highlight the dates of those tweets

Bad post by me - I am not a Le’Veon fan but I created a mispression Bell’s tweets were celebrating Gurley getting released - only AB would do that

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    lmao
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

After he got hurt in that Superbowl year he was never the same. Good for the Falcons giving him a one year shot. He would have looked great in black and gold (if he is really healthy).

I'm sure he's happy to be out of the Kalifornia tax hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    After he got hurt in that Superbowl year he was never the same. Good for the Falcons giving him a one year shot. He would have looked great in black and gold (if he is really healthy).

I'm sure he's happy to be out of the Kalifornia tax hell.
    I bet the GA Bulldogs fans are glad to have him back.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Unfortunately, his days are probably numbered. His knee injury was a chronic problem, not a one-time thing. It was impressive that he managed to continue playing, but I just don't see him returning to the form that earned him that big contract. Maybe I am wrong. He seems like a nice enough guy to root for. I wish him the best of luck.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Unfortunately, his days are probably numbered. His knee injury was a chronic problem, not a one-time thing. It was impressive that he managed to continue playing, but I just don't see him returning to the form that earned him that big contract. Maybe I am wrong. He seems like a nice enough guy to root for. I wish him the best of luck.
    If he's smart with his money the guy will live comfortably the rest of his life. His deal with the Rams paid him $45 million in guarantees. The average salary in the US is roughly $55,000/year. That means the average person would have to work 818 years to make that kind of money.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

So with Gurley in Atlanta and Freeman out, how do we feel about DeVonte Freeman? His cost could be fairly low.

A Conner/Freeman backfield could be nice. Downside...one or both could be injured all season...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post

…..

Bell had so much arrogance at this time!

It was time for him to return a little in the reality!

He didn't get what he thought he was going to have in the open market and it would have been even worse if the jets wouldn't have offered a contract, since it was the only team to have offered a contract like that.