Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Watt Brothers Reunion

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: Watt Brothers Reunion

They would have to cut half the roster to make the cap work. So unless anyone thinks that Ben and the Watt Brother Trio are all you need to make deep playoff run...it just will never happen.

But, hey, at least we have most of the Edmunds family!

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    They would have to cut half the roster to make the cap work. So unless anyone thinks that Ben and the Watt Brother Trio are all you need to make deep playoff run...it just will never happen.

Yeah, but next year... I wonder if it just may happen?!

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Yeah, but next year... I wonder if it just may happen?!
    That might just work....and by that time JJ should be more than half bionic due to his increasingly broken body. Thus allowing him to play forever!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

So the cap charge difference for having watt as a FB was only $1.4M. Not bad for a healthy, quality FB/ST guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

To bad we don't have the good Edmunds Bro.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

This thread reminds me of Sister Sledge

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

$15.5 million and $17.5 million

Not unheard of. Add a third year for $10.5 million. That’s $14.5 million/season. It’s what many thought that Hargrave would get. Then, push some of that salary back to that third year (when Ben’s contract is off of the books).

It can be done.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    So the cap charge difference for having watt as a FB was only $1.4M. Not bad for a healthy, quality FB/ST guy.
    If you also factor in Matakavich’s salary, it’s actually a bargain. One player (Watt) replaces two positions.

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

Quote Originally Posted by Bluecoat96 View Post
    Isn't Derek a good special teams guy? Replacement for Big Red as well?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Derick had 16 tackles on defense last season. So yes. Has there even been a profile on their father, John Watt. To father 3 NFL players, two if which are stars is very unique.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Check out his shirt.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Six Rings View Post
    Derick had 16 tackles on defense last season. So yes. Has there even been a profile on their father, John Watt. To father 3 NFL players, two if which are stars is very unique.
    Mr and Mrs Barber produced 2 in one day.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    If you also factor in Matakavich’s salary, it’s actually a bargain. One player (Watt) replaces two positions.
    He also played some TE last year. They are getting a very versatile player. If he can line up at TE occasionally that would be pretty cool. I like this move.

My question is, with more than one Watt on the team do they have to add an initial onto their jerseys?

It would be really fun to get all three Watt and Edmunds brothers.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    He also played some TE last year. They are getting a very versatile player. If he can line up at TE occasionally that would be pretty cool. I like this move.

My question is, with more than one Watt on the team do they have to add an initial onto their jerseys?

It would be really fun to get all three Watt and Edmunds brothers.
    Steelers may be the only team with 2 FBs on roster. Trey Edmunds and Derek Watt. Jalen Samuels was drafted as a TE. The RB/TE roster is more than a little interesting right now.

My understanding, as long as the numbers are different the name plate makes no difference.

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    The Steelers don’t do that. When we’ve had players with the same last name, there was no first initial used.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    First, the Catalina Wine Mixer was trending (because it got “cancelled” due to COVID-19).

Then, Kenny Rogers dies... and the phrase: “I’ll kiss you on the mouth, Kenny Rogers” starts trending.

Now... this!!!

SUMMATION:
    I think that the universe wants us all to (stay home and) watch Step Brothers.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

First, the Catalina Wine Mixer was trending (because it got “cancelled” due to COVID-19).

Then, Kenny Rogers dies... and the phrase: “I’ll kiss you on the mouth, Kenny Rogers” starts trending.

Now... this!!!

SUMMATION:
    Um.....teegre......I’m gettin a little worried bout you.

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Now... this!!!

SUMMATION:
    I hate Will Ferrell. That being said Step Brothers is freaking great

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

James Conner would benefit from an expanded role for Derek Watt in the Steelers offense

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...fense-nfl-news

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">