Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jameis Winston

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Re: Jameis Winston

he wants 30 fucking million dollars a year why is this even a thread

http://bucsreport.com/2019/12/25/reports-winston-wants-30-million/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post

http://bucsreport.com/2019/12/25/reports-winston-wants-30-million/

https://dailycaller.com/2020/01/09/jameis-winston-salary-demand-30-million/

Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Acquiring a vet QB who obviously wants to start seems non sensical. We have Ben, unless he can’t go, and all indications are that he can, we roll with him this year and use whatever cap we can create to bolster the positions of need around him. I don’t even think about a player like Winston until Ben calls it quits or his arm falls off.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Who needs Winston with this option now available?

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

For $30 million... I agree: no way.

Why is this a thread?
    1. It's Steelers related.
    2. We are all stuck at home with nothing else to discuss.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    When the Steelers sign Landry Jones >>>
    My neck would give out and my head would slam onto the table...

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

Why is this a thread?
    actually its only steeler related if they bring him in or sign him ... LOL stuck at home blows

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Who needs Winston with this option now available?
    people will laugh but the 2019 steelers where a Joe Flacco away from a playoff run the defense was that good that all they needed was someone that resembled an NFL QB to suit up on sundays

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...to-backup/amp/

Winston may think he's a starter, but that may not be what the market is on him according to this article. If they did make an offer they would still need to clear up some more space.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Failed physical designation....

awaiting the Gurley thread in 3...2...1...

/sigh

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

people will laugh but the 2019 steelers where a Joe Flacco away from a playoff run the defense was that good that all they needed was someone that resembled an NFL QB to suit up on sundays

There are some quarterbacks available with some real experience and talent that would be perfect as a backup quarterback. Whether the team could afford someone like that is another matter, but I can't think of another time in recent history where this many quality QBs were available in free agency.

- - - Updated - - -

awaiting the Gurley thread in 3...2...1...

/sigh

The Rams also released Clay Matthews. That is more interesting to me.

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

With Canada coming in and most likely bring his pre-snap wizardry , I dont think it will be a great fit for Winston.... Maybe not even for Ben.

I think the Steelers are silently gearing up for life after Ben.

As they should

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Dick Vitale is saying that he’s hearing “Winston to the Steelers.”

Technically, he heard: “Bippity-boopsy, baby. Win-Win-Winston to the Steel Citorino!!!

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Smith & Winston

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Smith & Winston
    I like the old Dan Winston even better lol

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

Why is this a thread?
    I do not want him as long as Ben is playing. He's a turnover machine.

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

Dick Vitale is saying that he’s hearing “Winston to the Steelers.”

Technically, he heard: “Bippity-boopsy, baby. Win-Win-Winston to the Steel Citorino!!!
    Hilarious!

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    My neck would give out and my head would slam onto the table...
    Lol. XFL players can be signed to NFL contracts starting March 23rd so we'll see. Remember the Steelers tried to sign him last year when Ben went down but the XFL blocked them.

Maybe they no longer have interest, but we'll see.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Lol. XFL players can be signed to NFL contracts starting March 23rd so we'll see. Remember the Steelers tried to sign him last year when Ben went down but the XFL blocked them.

Maybe they no longer have interest, but we'll see.
    considering his xfl performance I would say he took his last nfl snap in 2018

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

considering his xfl performance I would say he took his last nfl snap in 2018
    yea wasn't great but it's not like he was playing with NFL players.

Not sure Hodges or Lynch would do any better.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

yea wasn't great but it's not like he was playing with NFL players.

Not sure Hodges or Lynch would do any better.

point being many others did do better ... PJ Walker on the other hand is drawing quite a bit of NFL looks , word is Broncos , Seahawks and Cardinals all have interest

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Peter King, who started the "Steelers should sign Winston" nonsense last month, apparently disappointed that nobody else is running with that advice - so he makes two posts in his FMIA column today to revive that moronic suggestion

I think Jameis Winston is a great gamble to take as a 2020 backup and a prospective 2021 challenger for a job. Teammates love him, good deep arm . . . just terrible judgment. Not sure it can be fixed. I know the Steelers won’t do it, but man, I’d rather have Winston in reserve for Big Ben than Duck Hodges....

I think the best place personally for Jameis Winston, as I’ve written in this space, is Pittsburgh. But I believe the Steelers won’t have interest in Winston as a 2020 sidecar for Ben Roethlisberger and perhaps his successor.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...?cid=nbcsports

Something is prompting King to run with this bizarre notion. Since the one constant for King is shilling for and sucking up to his sources, I am cynical enough to believe that Arians, who gave King extraordinary access a few years back to write a story on how the Cardinals game planned for an upcoming game, is somehow involved in pushing King to keep riding this hobby horse.

Of course I admit to be willing to blame Arians for anything and everything

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Peter King, who started the "Steelers should sign Winston" nonsense last month, apparently disappointed that nobody else is running with that advice - so he makes two posts in his FMIA column today to revive that moronic suggestion

I think Jameis Winston is a great gamble to take as a 2020 backup and a prospective 2021 challenger for a job. Teammates love him, good deep arm . . . just terrible judgment. Not sure it can be fixed. I know the Steelers won’t do it, but man, I’d rather have Winston in reserve for Big Ben than Duck Hodges....

I think the best place personally for Jameis Winston, as I’ve written in this space, is Pittsburgh. But I believe the Steelers won’t have interest in Winston as a 2020 sidecar for Ben Roethlisberger and perhaps his successor.

Something is prompting King to run with this bizarre notion. Since the one constant for King is shilling for and sucking up to his sources, I am cynical enough to believe that Arians, who gave King extraordinary access a few years back to write a story on how the Cardinals game planned for an upcoming game, is somehow involved in pushing King to keep riding this hobby horse.

King isn't even listening to his own words.

Winston isn't a great gamble.......he's a huge investment that could derail everything they are trying to do while Ben is still here, and possibly going forward. If they could sign him for a reasonable salary I could understand it, but he's not looking to fit in somewhere and learn. It's not what he does.

I love how everything comes back to Arians with you. I'm sure you believe he had something to do with the Kennedy assassination. ........but that doesn't mean you're wrong!

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    King isn't even listening to his own words.

Winston isn't a great gamble.......he's a huge investment that could derail everything they are trying to do while Ben is still here, and possibly going forward. If they could sign him for a reasonable salary I could understand it, but he's not looking to fit in somewhere and learn. It's not what he does.

I love how everything comes back to Arians with you. I'm sure you believe he had something to do with the Kennedy assassination. ........but that doesn't mean you're wrong!
    I think Peter King figures the salary cap is a nagging detail best left to "nerds" or the "young guys with the computers and their twitterbooks". Sure, let a team carve out tens of millions of dollars for a total gamble on a poor QB. Works out so well every other time some franchise has done it. Look at the Jaguars. Or the Vikings. Or the Bengals for years with Dalton. Or...you all get the point.

I wouldn't give Winston $15 million+ per year to START for my franchise. So why in the world would I wreck my cap sheet to let him be a back-up? The ONLY world where Winston makes sense is for whatever team is going to draft and sit Tua. Winston can execute (or at least throw a ton of picks in) a similar offensive system. So you can try to construct your Tua centric offense this year and then unleash the kid and his healed up pelvis in 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Several stock market crashes and increased global warming have occurred during the time Arians has been a NFL coach

Some might say that is simply a coincidence but facts are facts

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Got to love the sports media and their manufactured baseless speculation to generate clicks and views

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

No one wants a QB who there 30 interceptions last season. This is why Captain Crab legs remains unsigned. Winston had a good group of receivers to work with. His future is either on the Jets as as a back up.

Would I take him over Rudy and Hodges as the back up, quick answer YES if he's getting paid what they are.

Several stock market crashes and increased global warming have occurred during the time Arians has been a NFL coach

Some might say that is simply a coincidence but facts are facts
    Arians brings in Brady... the same week that CA goes on “self shelter”.

Only a fool would see that as a coincidence.

Here’s a stat (from PFF... so, take it for what it’s worth):

Most turnover-worthy plays since 2006:

Winston (2019): 40
    Palmer (2013): 40
    Luck (2012): 40

What is the common denominator? Bruce Arians

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Six Rings View Post
    No one wants a QB who there 30 interceptions last season. This is why Captain Crab legs remains unsigned. Winston had a good group of receivers to work with. His future is either on the Jets as as a back up.

Would I take him over Rudy and Hodges as the back up, quick answer YES if he's getting paid what they are.
    Exactly!

Yeah of course Winston is better than Duck Hodges, so if Winston is willing to sign for Duck money, he can have the job. I’d even sign Winston for vet minimum but that’s about as high as I go.

But I do not want him as Ben’s successor. If he’s too reckless for Arians that means he’s too reckless for the NFL.