Thread: Matakavich to the Bills

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Matakavich to the Bills

Big Red signs a two-year $9 million deal with the Bills. This is the type of free agent departure that the Ravens and Taperiots have seen turn into comp picks. Mid-level player leaves for more money than he’s worth... replaced by a rookie... and the following draft, the Steelers get a R5 pick.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Re: Matakavich to the Bills

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Big Red signs a two-year $9 million deal with the Bills. This is the type of free agent departure that the Ravens and Taperiots have seen turn into comp picks. Mid-level player leaves for more money than he’s worth... replaced by a rookie... and the following draft, the Steelers get a R5 pick.

How will our special teams ever survive this incredible loss?????

This is an interesting move from the Bills perspective.

I believe the Steelers can pick up someone with more athleticism to be a better positional player than Red for depth. That was too much money for the team to keep him.

I wish him well in Buffalo.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I mean, dude can play some special teams. But really? That's just a team with cap space burning a hole in their pocket.

Can someone make a run at Jordan Dangerfield next? Please.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I mean, dude can play some special teams. But really? That's just a team with cap space burning a hole in their pocket.

Can someone make a run at Jordan Dangerfield next? Please.
    Lol. Really...out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post

Can someone make a run at Ryan Swtizer next? Please.
    Fixed

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

$4.5 million per year? Buffalo can have him

Senior Member Array title="JnK has much to be proud of">

The kid certainly has a motor that doesn't stop and plays with a lot of heart. I hope he does well in Buffalo.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Wow, not bad money at all!

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Wow, not bad money at all!
    Its no Chase Daniel money. That guy has banked $30 million on 5 career starts.

Oh well, pretty much Ulysses Gilbert III as the #3 ILB and find another body to be the #4. Robert Spillane most likely.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Good for him. Spillane was great on special teams last year, he'll replace Matakevich.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Lot of money........ good for him

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

they will LOVE him in Buffalo as long as he is not asked to play in space or be a pursuit linebacker .... hmmm ..... well he can play special teams .......

all joking aside I like the kid but he is miscast at the pro level in this era ... back in the 70s he would have been a star coming down hill vs the run in this era ... not so much
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="JayC is a glorious beacon of light"> JayC's Avatar

damn even below average players make huge money in the nfl