Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tom Brady will not return to New England

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Re: Tom Brady will not return to New England

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    Why would the 49ers do that? They already have a young QB that just took them to a Superbowl. What would signing a 42 year old QB do to help them?
    I'm just going with the track record of what Tommy wants Tommy gets that has been the NFL for a couple decades now.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

He's going to Tampa.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Ike posted on Twitter Brady to Tampa hours ago. I don't understand why he would go there. Seems more likely he would just retire than make that move. Plus heading into a 17 game season? Or does that start 2021?

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

This move only makes sense if Tampa drafts a QB. Tampa is not Super Bowl ready, they have some offensive weapons yes but that defense is refuse and has been for years now. Plus Brady is on the decline has been last year. Arians is great with QBs so he may get a little more out of him than the average offensive minded coach but I'm not sure how much

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Ike posted on Twitter Brady to Tampa hours ago. I don't understand why he would go there. Seems more likely he would just retire than make that move. Plus heading into a 17 game season? Or does that start 2021?
    The 17-game schedule will start as early as '21, or as late as '23:

When will the NFL's 17-game schedule start?

The answer to that question is: Not immediately.

The earliest the NFL can add the 17th regular season game is 2021, and the latest is 2023. It seems the most likely landing spot will be 2022, because new broadcast contracts could potentially be in place by then.
    https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/...r17eipffdv2rg0

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

Rumors say he'll announce this today. One question Tom. Why?

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Why?

Because Tampa is hosting the Super Bowl this year. He wants to be the first QB from the first team hosting to win it. #ego

Senior Member Array title="T&B fan has much to be proud of"> T&B fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1 View Post
    we must never forget tell everyone you know New England cheated and might be back at it Edit 1-21-15 there back Edit #2__12-8-19 here we go again Edit #3__ 5-25-23 it never ends

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by tom444 View Post
    Rumors say he'll announce this today. One question Tom. Why?

New York Post article said being close to his son (with Moynahan) who lives in NY, was the reason he chose an east coast team.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Brady and Ab are close? I think Rapoport has the coronavirus.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FrancoLambert View Post
    New York Post article said being close to his son (with Moynahan) who lives in NY, was the reason he chose an east coast team.
    LOL - yeah those two extra hours in the Gulfstream if he had to fly back to NYC from LA or San Francisco rather than Tampa to see his son, or for his son to fly out to see him, made all the difference

More likely Florida not having an income tax was a bigger factor in choosing between his dwindling options of the Bucs and Chargers

Another example of the Brady smarminess

Senior Member Array title="pepsyman1 has much to be proud of"> pepsyman1's Avatar

I'll be honest...I think it's a pretty ballsy move by Brady. He's acknowledged as the best but there is always the lingering hate toward the Patriots and Belichick cheating. He wants to make an impact somewhere else. They weren't forcing him out of New England like Montana or Favre faced with their teams. Brady wanted to try it somewhere else. Personally, I'll love seeing him sprawled out all over the Tampa turf when Arians is calling for 70 yard reverse flea flickers, but I'll give Brady credit for showing some guts.

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Florida is where old people go to retire.

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Tampa has Godwin (who wears #12), Evans and Perriman (who was a stud down the stretch when Godwin got hurt).

Why in God's name would they even consider signing AB and bring that cancer to your team?

I'll tell you one thing, Brady who will be making $20.5 million/year will love Florida's 0% state income tax.

Mass taxes:

Gross Income $20,500,000.00
    Total Tax (Pre-Credits) $9,074,891.50
    Total Owed Tax $9,074,891.50
    After-Tax Income $11,425,108.50
    Effective Tax Rate 44.27%

Florida's taxes:
    Total Tax (Pre-Credits) $8,029,615.90
    Total Owed Tax $8,029,615.90
    After-Tax Income $12,470,384.10
    Effective Tax Rate 39.17%

He'll bring home over another million per year. If I were a professional athlete I'd only play in Texas, Nevada, Washington (state) or Florida.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

I wonder if TB will put BA on his TB12 regimen.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    LOL - yeah those two extra hours in the Gulfstream if he had to fly back to NYC from LA or San Francisco rather than Tampa to see his son, or for his son to fly out to see him, made all the difference

More likely Florida not having an income tax was a bigger factor in choosing between his dwindling options of the Bucs and Chargers

Another example of the Brady smarminess

Or, are you just using flyover thinking?

Link to long ESPN article on Brady leaving after his relationship with Dark Lord Hoodie apparently had reached Bradshaw-Noll levels of toxicity over the past few years

Brady told Kraft that it was over, and the owner would leave little doubt as to why. "Think about loving your wife and for whatever reason, there's something -- her father or mother -- that makes life impossible for you and you have to move on," he told NFL Network.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...chick-patriots

Quote Originally Posted by pepsyman1 View Post
    .................. but there is always the lingering hate toward the Patriots and Belichick winning.............
    FIFY

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

Ah, those five wide-settings on 3rd and 1 will be fun to watch with Brady running from defenders...

Quote Originally Posted by j-d-s View Post
    Ah, those five wide-settings on 3rd and 1 will be fun to watch with Brady running from defenders...
    Brady with another deep drop .... and he is looking, looking .... and he is sacked for the 4th time today - this time Brady is very slow to get up

At the postgame presser - “Three or four sacks he sacked himself,” Arians said.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Brady with another deep drop .... and he is looking, looking .... and he is sacked for the 4th time today - this time Brady is very slow to get up

Arians will numb the pain with his trunk liquor.

Senior Member Array title="T&B fan has much to be proud of"> T&B fan's Avatar

I call 6 sacks first game . hes out by game 7 .
    we must never forget tell everyone you know New England cheated and might be back at it Edit 1-21-15 there back Edit #2__12-8-19 here we go again Edit #3__ 5-25-23 it never ends

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

We all love to bang on Arians and make fun of his 7-step drops and 5-wide sets, but the man does know football and has a way with the people he coaches.

I think he will make adjustments to his offense to fit the talents of Brady. There will be brainstorming sessions and they will learn each other's approach and the strengths and weaknesses of each other.

I do believe he will give Brady a lot of decision-making responsibilities, because he deserves it and he's earned it. With those weapons, Brady will be able to be aggressive, and the opportunities for big plays are going to be there.

I'm assuming the Bucs are going to make moves to improve the OL, and that he won't just be getting his ass kicked every game.

Of course....I hope I'm wrong!

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T&B fan View Post
    I call 6 sacks first game . hes out by game 7 .
    and retired shortly after the end of season
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    Tampa has Godwin (who wears #12), Evans and Perriman (who was a stud down the stretch when Godwin got hurt).

Why in God's name would they even consider signing AB and bring that cancer to your team?

I'll tell you one thing, Brady who will be making $20.5 million/year will love Florida's 0% state income tax.

Mass taxes:

Total Tax (Pre-Credits) $9,074,891.50
    Total Owed Tax $9,074,891.50
    After-Tax Income $11,425,108.50
    Effective Tax Rate 44.27%

Florida's taxes:
    Total Tax (Pre-Credits) $8,029,615.90
    Total Owed Tax $8,029,615.90
    After-Tax Income $12,470,384.10
    Effective Tax Rate 39.17%

He'll bring home over another million per year. If I were a professional athlete I'd only play in Texas, Nevada, Washington (state) or Florida.
    Not to mention that by leaving the Pats this opens up exciting new trademark opportunities for TB12

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers used a catchy "TB x TB" slogan when announcing the signing of Tom Brady as their new quarterback on March 20.

Brady's agents liked it so much -- or perhaps it was merely a case of "great minds thinking alike" -- that they filed a trademark application with the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) for that slogan the very same day....

Brady's company TB12 is already selling a "TB12 Tampa Bay" T-shirt in its online store.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...x-tb-trademark

It is all about the Benjamins