Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fre Agency Updates and Reactions

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Fre Agency Updates and Reactions

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...johnson-texans

Bill Obrien should be fired retroactively to before this travesty was unleashed on the world. This guy is going to single-handedly ruing Watson's career.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: Fre Agency Updates and Reactions

Yay for the Cardinals. I'm putting them in the playoffs next year.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Wow! That is a steal for the Cards on paper at this moment. This is a WR rich draft with talented prospects even at the UDFA level. Hopkins is IMO the best WR in the game right now but Watson is the heart and soul of that Texans team. Hopefully this is just the first step in putting a better TEAM around the young QB. Otherwise this trade doesn't make much sense.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

That’s unbelievable...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

I bet Matt Millen is laughing his ass off at Bill O Brien
    You trade one of the best WRs in the game for a 2nd round pick and a RB whose last good season was in 2016 and is a one year wonder? Everything Bill O brien does it seems makes me believe he needs to be canned

On the other hand, Ozzie Newsome has to be very impressed with what his successor is doing as GM in Baltimore
    After obtaining an all-pro D-lineman for only a 5th round pick, they trade a no. 2 TE to the Falcons for a 2nd round pick. As a division rival it stinks but as a neutral observer it's very impressive

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Browns supposedly signing Austin Hooper to a deal.

Colts trade 2020 first round pick to Niners for DeForest Buckner. 13th overall pick.

Senior Member Array title="dislocatedday has a reputation beyond repute"> dislocatedday's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post

Bill Obrien should be fired retroactively to before this travesty was unleashed on the world. This guy is going to single-handedly ruing Watson's career.
    I thought this had to be some type of early April Fool's joke when I heard it briefly on the radio driving home from work today.........but it's not.

Unless there was some type of deep issue with Hopkins and the Texans that people don't know about, this is one of the worst trades I have ever seen on paper. Hopkins is a true stud, and I have never heard about any off the field issues........this makes no sense to me.

I might have to visit a Texans forum to see what their fans are saying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Browns supposedly signing Austin Hooper to a deal.
    Supposedly Hooper is going to be the highest paid TE in the NFL. I'm sorry Browns, but if this is true, you have mega $$$ tied up in Hooper, OBJ, and Jarvis Landry.............and a weak O-Line and some issues on defense. I don't get it.

Browns come to an agreement with Case Keenum. Lol.

Bengals place tag on AJ Green.

Senior Member Array title="dislocatedday has a reputation beyond repute"> dislocatedday's Avatar

...and Houston Texans fans are rightfully pissed off (...or should I now say "ex-fans" based on this thread...)

https://www.texanstalk.com/threads/h...dinals.115052/

For anyone who consistently bashes the Steelers FO, just realize how good we really do have it as Steelers fans. If you just look around at many other team's boards you will soon realize that the Steelers are in fact one of the best run organizations. I can only imagine the futility that Texans, Dolphins, Redskins, Jets, Lions, etc., fans feel year after year.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Vikings trade WR Stefon Diggs to Bills for 4 draft picks.
    Amari Cooper re-signs with Dallas on a 5 year $100 mil deal
    Pats lose starting linebacker Kyle Van Noy to Miami, also lose other starting linebacker Jamie Collins to Detroit.
    Jimmy Graham signs a 2 year deal with Chicago after he was cut by the Packers.
    former Cowboy Bryon Jones signs with Miami, now the highest paid corner in the league.
    Ravens beef up the D-line by adding former Ram Michael Brockers on a 2 year deal.
    49ers trade Pro Bowler DeForest Buckner to the Colts for the 13th pick. Buckers also signs a deal making him the 2nd highest paid DT in the NFL.
    Ravens trade Hayden Hurst to Atlanta for a 20' 2nd round pick. Atlanta lose starting TE Hooper to Cleveland.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post

I read an article that claims O'Brien traded Hopkins because he wanted an extension with the Texans but still had 3 years left on his current contract. O'Brien is acting GM and HC for this franchise. They have noone but themselves to blame for failure.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-mondays-moves

Bills trade first rounder and multiple picks for Stefon Diggs.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Vikings trade WR Stefon Diggs to Bills for 4 draft picks.
    Amari Cooper re-signs with Dallas on a 5 year $100 mil deal
    Pats lose starting linebacker Kyle Van Noy to Miami, also lose other starting linebacker Jamie Collins to Detroit.
    Jimmy Graham signs a 2 year deal with Chicago after he was cut by the Packers.
    former Cowboy Bryon Jones signs with Miami, now the highest paid corner in the league.
    Ravens beef up the D-line by adding former Ram Michael Brockers on a 2 year deal.
    49ers trade Pro Bowler DeForest Buckner to the Colts for the 13th pick. Buckers also signs a deal making him the 2nd highest paid DT in the NFL.
    Ravens trade Hayden Hurst to Atlanta for a 20' 2nd round pick. Atlanta lose starting TE Hooper to Cleveland.
    Mariota to the Raiders. I can't find any contract details on this yet.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Bridgewater to the Panthers

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Bridgewater to the Panthers
    Wow! Didn’t see that.

Newton given permission to seal trade...obviously.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Newton given permission to seal trade...obviously.
    Cam not pleased

Newton responded to the team's post on Instagram saying that he could seek a trade.

"Stop with the word play. I never asked for it," he commented. "There is no dodging this one. I love the Panthers to death and will always love you guys. Please do not try and play me or manipulate the narrative and act like I wanted this. You forced me into this. Love"

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...newton-unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Cam not pleased

Newton responded to the team's post on Instagram saying that he could seek a trade.

"Stop with the word play. I never asked for it," he commented. "There is no dodging this one. I love the Panthers to death and will always love you guys. Please do not try and play me or manipulate the narrative and act like I wanted this. You forced me into this. Love"

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...newton-unhappy
    Saw that. Good for him setting the story straight.

Jason Witten to sign with the Las Vegas Raiders.

My eyes are on Vonn Bell. C'mon Colbert....

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    My eyes are on Vonn Bell. C'mon Colbert....

Is that a rumor you've heard...or is that just wishful thinking?

He's a very good player. I just don't know that they would upgrade SS when they have more offensive issues and they drafted Edmunds in the first round a couple years ago.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Gerald McCoy to the Cryboys

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Is that a rumor you've heard...or is that just wishful thinking?

He's a very good player. I just don't know that they would upgrade SS when they have more offensive issues and they drafted Edmunds in the first round a couple years ago.
    I'm reading that he seems to be in contact with the Saints and the Panthers. For the Steelers, Bell instantly upgrades the SS position and makes Edmunds a great backup at both FS/SS. OR backup SS only but Edmunds plays the nickel LB too.

This article puts the cost at $5-$8M:
    https://saintswire.usatoday.com/2020...bell-contract/

Bears trade for Jags QB Nick Foles.

Too lazy to make another thread.

Sean Davis to the Skins for 1 yr $5 million

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Jason Witten to sign with the Las Vegas Raiders.
    LOL. Just... why?

- - - Updated - - -

Eli Apple to the Raiders. Again... just why???

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Karl Joseph signs with Cleveland.
    A'Shawn Robinson signs with the Rams. 2 years $17 mil. Oof.
    Desmond Trufant signs a 2 year deal with the Lions after being cut by Atlanta. (Darius Slay wished him well while hoping that it speeds up his trade process on twitter)
    Atlanta signed Dante Fowler to a 3 year deal
    Former Ravens NT, Michael Pierce signs with the Vikings on a 3 year deal. Hell of a run defender, easily replaces Linval Joseph
    Malcolm Jenkins returns to the team that drafted him in the Saints after being let go by the Eagles.
    Chris Harris Jr leaves the Broncos for the Chargers on a 2 year deal. The Chargers also signed DT, Linval Joseph, and former Packers tackle Bryan Bulaga
    Rams sign former Bears pass rusher Leonard Floyd to a 1 year deal worth $13 mil.
    Bit of a surprise, Titans trade Pro Bowler Jurrell Casey to the Broncos for just a 7th round pick.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Lions are in discussions to trade corner Darius Slay to the Eagles.