Thread: Steelers place franchise tag on Bud Dupree, keeping pass rusher from hitting free agency

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Steelers place franchise tag on Bud Dupree, keeping pass rusher from hitting free agency

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Re: Steelers place franchise tag on Bud Dupree, keeping pass rusher from hitting free agency

I think that was expected. They dont have much behind him and Watt in the way of depth at OLB. I still expect to see them draft an edge rusher as they need somebody on a more cap friendly deal than the tag and so far Chickillo and 2 UDFA's are the current depth.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Re: Steelers place franchise tag on Bud Dupree, keeping pass rusher from hitting free agency

Chickillo was released

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Chickillo was released

OK, was probably needed to free up cap room to franchise Dupree. Thanks.

I thought they needed OLB depth last year in the draft. Definitely means they need it this year.

Barron and Holton also cut.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Dupree’s issues was never lack of ability. Dude could always play. It was technique and staying healthy.

The big knock on him coming out of the draft was that he was raw. The light went on for Bud, and it helps that he has an elite pass rusher across from him. Watt is quickly establishing himself as the best in the business.

With Lamar Jackson, Baker Mayfield, and soon Joe Burrow entering the AFC North, combined with the B’s broken up, the Steelers need to stay all in on Defense. Good move.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

This was a good move. Apart from Hargrave we seem to be keeping this great defense together.

Ramon Foster just retired so it’s nice that OLB isn’t our top need in the draft. I think we have to prioritize C/G now. Hopefully there is day one starter available where we pick in round two.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

So nothing unexpected yet. Tag Dupree; Foster, Chickillo, Barron all cut. Just an ordinary day in America...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

$15+ million for an average OLB.

Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Giving him another contract year ain't bad

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Giving him another contract year ain't bad
    I agree...

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    $15+ million for an average OLB.

Thanks for your participation!

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Oh well.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Thanks for your participation!
    How does that make you feel?
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

like a special delicate flower. Kinda like I feel when I gaze lovingly at my participation trophies.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    like a special delicate flower. Kinda like I feel when I gaze lovingly at my participation trophies.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Dong!

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Has anyone read about any reaction from Bud? Does he plan on signing his tender? Or is there a chance he’ll hold out for a deal?

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    Has anyone read about any reaction from Bud? Does he plan on signing his tender? Or is there a chance he’ll hold out for a deal?
    I think he was fine to play under the tag earlier this season.

I am thinking they are going to get him on a contract before to long, lower the cap hit to free up more money. I would do 3 years, $30M with the $16 guaranteed.

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

Here's the real question. Who's going to be around to make stupid faces like this now that this asshole is gone?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    I think he was fine to play under the tag earlier this season.

I am thinking they are going to get him on a contract before to long, lower the cap hit to free up more money. I would do 3 years, $30M with the $16 guaranteed.
    So would the Steelers... aint no chance of that happening with those low numbers. He's already got $16M guaranteed with the tag for one year.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Pretty good and you?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Steelers place franchise tag on Bud Dupree, keeping pass rusher from hitting free agency

There was thought that Bell would sign...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Not surprising at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Pretty good and you?
    No feelings at all.
    Hater = Realist