Thread: Henry Ruggs in round two?

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

Henry Ruggs in round two?

If he falls to us, I'll endorse the pick. Our skills players as a group are slow. Ruggs has game breaking speed and is a very good return man.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Re: Henry Ruggs in round two?

Ruggs will never get out of Round 1...

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

As in a previous thread about RBs and WRs I do think the Steelers select a WR this draft. I would not use the 49th overall to take one though. Just my opinion. The Steelers need the talent in the early rounds of this draft to help with the OL and defensive front 7. Like i said, that's just my opinion. The Steelers have already met with Jalen Reagor from TCU. I don't see him falling to the 3rd round comp pick so the FO may have a different opinion.

Ruggs is interesting though. I get to hear a lot of Saints and Titans talk and both seem to have Ruggs square in the crosshairs too. The one knock that keeps coming up though is how light he is at only about 185lbs. At that size can he beat a jam at the LOS? NFL DBs will be very aggressive against him at the line. Nobody is going to play off man and let him get up to his full speed. So what does his college game film tell about Rugg's ability to beat the jam?

Ruggs would not be MY first choice at 49 but like you said here, if Ruggs were the pick at 49 I could find enough positives to be happy about it.

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    As in a previous thread about RBs and WRs I do think the Steelers select a WR this draft. I would not use the 49th overall to take one though. Just my opinion. The Steelers need the talent in the early rounds of this draft to help with the OL and defensive front 7. Like i said, that's just my opinion. The Steelers have already met with Jalen Reagor from TCU. I don't see him falling to the 3rd round comp pick so the FO may have a different opinion.

Ruggs is interesting though. I get to hear a lot of Saints and Titans talk and both seem to have Ruggs square in the crosshairs too. The one knock that keeps coming up though is how light he is at only about 185lbs. At that size can he beat a jam at the LOS? NFL DBs will be very aggressive against him at the line. Nobody is going to play off man and let him get up to his full speed. So what does his college game film tell about Rugg's ability to beat the jam?

Ruggs would not be MY first choice at 49 but like you said here, if Ruggs were the pick at 49 I could find enough positives to be happy about it.
    Ruggs is too fast to risk a jam on for 90% of NFL CB''s and in the slot won't have to worry much about a jam. I tend to think he's gone in round one, around pick 20-25