Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39474849
Results 1,441 to 1,469 of 1469

Thread: Will the Coming Season be Different Because of COVID-19?

  1. #1441
    Senior Member Array title="tom444 has a brilliant future"> tom444's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Boston
    Gender
    Posts
    907

    Re: Will the Coming Season be Different Because of COVID-19?

    Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Trump is a loud-mouth, overbearing jackass. However, I'm coming to believe he is crazy like a fox. There's a pattern and a purpose to what he does. Biden, however, seems to be slowly losing some of his mental sharpness. That is the big red flag for me.
    Wake up people:

    What threatens democracy? Navy SEAL warns of Trump's attacks on US institutions

    AUSTIN, Texas – Once the longest-serving Navy SEAL on active duty, Adm. William McRaven played a key role in thousands of dangerous missions abroad, including commanding the one that cost Osama bin Laden his life.

    McRaven, who is retired, warns that the greatest threat to American democracy he's seen during his decades in national security comes not from a rogue regime or a terrorist group but from the caustic rhetoric of President Donald Trump.


    "An attack on the press or an attack on the Department of Justice, or to imply that there are dirty cops at the FBI or to ignore the intelligence community, I think, really undermines our institutions," McRaven told USA TODAY in an interview about his memoir, "Sea Stories: My Life in Special Operations," out Tuesday. "And that makes me fearful of the future direction of the nation."
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ty/1183799001/

  2. #1442
    Inconsiderate S.O.B. Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Posts
    11,256

    Re: Will the Coming Season be Different Because of COVID-19?

    Quote Originally Posted by T&B fan View Post
    “No one has died from the coronavirus” .....

    ok well lets look at it this way . man is stabbed 20 times with knife and dies ... man did not die from stabbing or knife , he dies from loss of blood . yea that is what the good Dr is saying
    When the CDC investigated how many COVID-19 deaths actually had the virus as a "significant" cause of death - that is, the person was not about to die anyway from something else - it was about 1 in 6 of reported deaths.

    At the time, there were 60,000 deaths in the U.S. and about 11,000-12,000 of those could be credibly attributed to the virus, they found. The rest were labeled "COVID-19 deaths" but the virus really had very little to do with it.

    This doctor's claims of "zero" deaths stretch the limits of credibility, but he is closer to the truth than the daily numbers being blared in our faces by the media. In other words, the virus simply is not very dangerous.

    How many people are dying from it now? Oh, that's right, almost none. But you would never guess that from the constant gloom and doom coverage.
    An empty victory is a victory nonetheless.

  3. #1443
    Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Gender
    Posts
    11,552

    Will the Coming Season be Different Because of COVID-19?

    Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    When the CDC investigated how many COVID-19 deaths actually had the virus as a "significant" cause of death - that is, the person was not about to die anyway from something else - it was about 1 in 6 of reported deaths.

    At the time, there were 60,000 deaths in the U.S. and about 11,000-12,000 of those could be credibly attributed to the virus, they found. The rest were labeled "COVID-19 deaths" but the virus really had very little to do with it.

    This doctor's claims of "zero" deaths stretch the limits of credibility, but he is closer to the truth than the daily numbers being blared in our faces by the media. In other words, the virus simply is not very dangerous.

    How many people are dying from it now? Oh, that's right, almost none. But you would never guess that from the constant gloom and doom coverage.
    At this point it doesn’t matter any longer what the math does or doesn’t say. If everyone’s goal is to return to pre March 2020 economic life, then it matters what restores peoples confidence. That’s it. It’s pretty clear it’s masks, declining curves, and low infection rates. So if you want to go to work, school, and vacation - time to mask up, socially distance, and restore public confidence. If you wanna keep riding this shitty roller coaster, then keep digging out fresh nuggets of nonsense, making masks and social distance a Constitutional issue, and argue that “not being a pussy” is the way to beat a microscopic organism.

    Apologies for being unreasonable today. But, honestly, I’m done. Whether you believe in the virus or not. Trust the government or not. Are a fan of science or not. I simply don’t give a fuck any more. This thing has been all over the globe for months and it’s pretty clear what the game plan needs to be to contain this thing to a point that individuals and businesses are confident enough to crawl back to economic normalcy. We are living in basically the only wealthy country where this thing is still a massive barrier to economic life. So can we quit debating this, sharing memes about freedom, spinning fantastical conspiracies, and just do what we know works?

    This should’ve been a brutal 3 months and then an anxious 6 weeks. Instead, we dicked around, played politics, showed our ignorance, and are going to be fighting through this for a year or more.

    Honestly, it just never should’ve been this damn hard to follow basic fucking instructions.

    Wanna work? Wear a damn mask.

    Want your kids back in school? Keep your damn distance.

    Want your town to reopen? Stop gathering in public for actual fucking real this time for like 3 weeks.

    Want other pre 2020 stuff? Demand your government stop tripping over its dick and stand up a reliable, fast, and massive testing operation. Like almost everywhere else on the planet somehow managed to do.

    Again, not trying to target on person or the other. But can we just step back, look around at how everyone who did this different than us is way the hell better off and maybe just do the things even if we hate them and don't agree?

  4. #1444
    Inconsiderate S.O.B. Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Posts
    11,256

    Re: Will the Coming Season be Different Because of COVID-19?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    At this point it doesn’t matter any longer what the math does or doesn’t say. If everyone’s goal is to return to pre March 2020 economic life, then it matters what restores peoples confidence. That’s it. It’s pretty clear it’s masks, declining curves, and low infection rates. So if you want to go to work, school, and vacation - time to mask up, socially distance, and restore public confidence. If you wanna keep riding this shitty roller coaster, then keep digging out fresh nuggets of nonsense, making masks and social distance a Constitutional issue, and argue that “not being a pussy” is the way to beat a microscopic organism.

    Apologies for being unreasonable today. But, honestly, I’m done. Whether you believe in the virus or not. Trust the government or not. Are a fan of science or not. I simply don’t give a fuck any more. This thing has been all over the globe for months and it’s pretty clear what the game plan needs to be to contain this thing to a point that individuals and businesses are confident enough to crawl back to economic normalcy. We are living in basically the only wealthy country where this thing is still a massive barrier to economic life. So can we quit debating this, sharing memes about freedom, spinning fantastical conspiracies, and just do what we know works?

    This should’ve been a brutal 3 months and then an anxious 6 weeks. Instead, we dicked around, played politics, showed our ignorance, and are going to be fighting through this for a year or more.

    Honestly, it just never should’ve been this damn hard to follow basic fucking instructions.

    Wanna work? Wear a damn mask.

    Want your kids back in school? Keep your damn distance.

    Want your town to reopen? Stop gathering in public for actual fucking real this time for like 3 weeks.

    Want other pre 2020 stuff? Demand your government stop tripping over its dick and stand up a reliable, fast, and massive testing operation. Like almost everywhere else on the planet somehow managed to do.

    Again, not trying to target on person or the other. But can we just step back, look around at how everyone who did this different than us is way the hell better off and maybe just do the things even if we hate them and don't agree?
    Not really. The way to beat the virus is to ignore it, because it's just a regular disease. It will stay around for a while. So what?

    The way to get back to pre-2020 stuff is to remove the people responsible for what is clearly one of the most monumental mistakes in human history, and make sure they are never allowed near the reins of power ever again.
    An empty victory is a victory nonetheless.

  5. #1445
    Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Gender
    Posts
    11,552

    Re: Will the Coming Season be Different Because of COVID-19?

    Because people are panicky flighty animsls. And my ranty post was focused on getting economy moving and, at this point, that's all about restoring public confidence.

    So again, look around the globe. There's a game plan to execute that accomplishes that. And, yes, it requires that we all simply shut the fuck up about our personal takes on how bad or how not a big deal COVID is or isn't.

    For better or worse. Right or wrong. It's a binary choice. Do what has a track record of restoring some sort of workable status quo or keep on keeping on while we all go slowly broke as the economy continues to move by fits and starts.

    A third or fourth way involves educating the public on what's going on, coordinating ways of dealing with this and that, etc. That moments gone.

  6. #1446
    Inconsiderate S.O.B. Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Posts
    11,256

    Re: Will the Coming Season be Different Because of COVID-19?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Because people are panicky flighty animsls. And my ranty post was focused on getting economy moving and, at this point, that's all about restoring public confidence.

    So again, look around the globe. There's a game plan to execute that accomplishes that. And, yes, it requires that we all simply shut the fuck up about our personal takes on how bad or how not a big deal COVID is or isn't.

    For better or worse. Right or wrong. It's a binary choice. Do what has a track record of restoring some sort of workable status quo or keep on keeping on while we all go slowly broke as the economy continues to move by fits and starts.

    A third or fourth way involves educating the public on what's going on, coordinating ways of dealing with this and that, etc. That moments gone.
    The problem is, the entire fiasco was brought about by people not shutting the fuck up when all they had was wrong information - and who told everyone else to shut the fuck up when they said, "Hey, your information looks wrong." That is how this got blown up into the crisis of our lives when ordinarily, it would have been of little more interest than the weather.

    At this point, it is no longer about some stupid disease that hardly kills anyone. It is about whether or not it is all right for our lives to be ruled by fear, and by the people who shout the loudest and tell you to shut the fuck up. That is not an acceptable state of affairs for me, and it is worth fighting over, even if Karen Covid stays scared for a little longer and doesn't go out to eat.
    An empty victory is a victory nonetheless.

  7. #1447
    Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Gender
    Posts
    11,552

    Re: Will the Coming Season be Different Because of COVID-19?

    Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    The problem is, the entire fiasco was brought about by people not shutting the fuck up when all they had was wrong information - and who told everyone else to shut the fuck up when they said, "Hey, your information looks wrong."

    At this point, it is no longer about some stupid disease that hardly kills anyone. It is about whether or not it is all right for our lives to be ruled by fear, and by the people who shout the loudest and tell you to shut the fuck up. That is not an acceptable state of affairs for me, and it is worth fighting over, even if Karen Covid stays scared for a little longer and doesn't go out to eat.
    That all assumes your right and all of that. It also assumes you can convince EVERYONE else that you are right and 80+% of global virologists are stupendously wrong. How long is that going to take? A week? A month? A year? Or most likely never.

    So we can focus on making sure you get to say "I told you so" (and again I still strongly argue you are extremely wrong about all of this and steadfastly refuse to acknowledge any variables or data that upsets your precarious house of cards BUT...BUT...I no longer give a shit and am solely talking about how to get the car out of the ditch and back on the road. It doesn't matter, for now, how the car for in the ditch.) and proving some vague ideological point that we will NEVER get everyone to agree on.

    OR...OR...we can pivot to a process that gets us out of the ditch and back on the road. Once we are driving again, we can argue all you or anyone else wants to about why we were in the ditch in the first place.

    But, damn, if I'm stuck in a hole and someone shows me how to get out; I'm not gonna argue with the dude about the nature of holes.

  8. #1448
    Inconsiderate S.O.B. Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Posts
    11,256

    Re: Will the Coming Season be Different Because of COVID-19?

    Have a happy 4th of July, I'll be at the beach and then watching one of the few fireworks shows that weren't cancelled.
    An empty victory is a victory nonetheless.

  9. #1449
    Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Gender
    Posts
    11,552

    Re: Will the Coming Season be Different Because of COVID-19?

    Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Have a happy 4th of July, I'll be at the beach and then watching one of the few fireworks shows that weren't cancelled.
    Have a good one! I will be at the midwestern version -- a mosquito infested grassy field.

  10. #1450
    Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Idaho
    Gender
    Posts
    3,643

    Re: Will the Coming Season be Different Because of COVID-19?

    I live on the side of a hill, I'll watch the valley from my deck. Best view IMO


    Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

    Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

  11. #1451
    Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Gender
    Posts
    10,952

    Re: Will the Coming Season be Different Because of COVID-19?

    Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Have a happy 4th of July, I'll be at the beach and then watching one of the few fireworks shows that weren't cancelled.
    You won’t be alone. Have you seen the map of how the surrounding counties are all closed. LA closed. Riverside closed. OC, Riverside, Imperial, and San Bernardino all closed. Heck, the word is that Arizonans will be heading our way (as in: everyone in the entire state).

    Oh... and then, they’re going to close the beaches on Tuesday. ARGH!!!

    We had a good thing going here. Our beaches were doing it the proper way: you’d set up your stuff 10 feet away from the next family, and everyone was happy. We hit the beach every other day (alternating with a pool day). Now... we’ll be stuck at home. Again.

    Anyway, I’m going to enjoy watching the fireworks from my friend’s backyard.

    QUESTION:
    Which ones are you watching?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Have a good one! I will be at the midwestern version -- a mosquito infested grassy field.
    I absolutely loved those 4ths as a kid: BBQ, watermelon, croquet, mosquitos, lightning bugs, blowing shit up...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mach1 View Post
    I live on the side of a hill, I'll watch the valley from my deck. Best view IMO
    If I recall correctly, I remember you telling me you also have (sometimes) ridden your ATV to a spot that has an awesome fireworks show.

  12. #1452
    Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Gender
    Posts
    11,552

    Re: Will the Coming Season be Different Because of COVID-19?

    Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

    You won’t be alone. Have you seen the map of how the surrounding counties are all closed. LA closed. Riverside closed. OC, Riverside, Imperial, and San Bernardino all closed. Heck, the word is that Arizonans will be heading our way (as in: everyone in the entire state).

    Oh... and then, they’re going to close the beaches on Tuesday. ARGH!!!

    We had a good thing going here. Our beaches were doing it the proper way: you’d set up your stuff 10 feet away from the next family, and everyone was happy. We hit the beach every other day (alternating with a pool day). Now... we’ll be stuck at home. Again.

    Anyway, I’m going to enjoy watching the fireworks from my friend’s backyard.

    QUESTION:
    Which ones are you watching?

    - - - Updated - - -



    I absolutely loved those 4ths as a kid: BBQ, watermelon, croquet, mosquitos, lightning bugs, blowing shit up...

    - - - Updated - - -



    If I recall correctly, I remember you telling me you also have (sometimes) ridden your ATV to a spot that has an awesome fireworks show.
    You nailed the Midwest fourth. Didn't grow up here; but quickly adopted it. Plus my country family did that on the east coast anyways.

  13. #1453
    Senior Member Array title="tom444 has a brilliant future"> tom444's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Boston
    Gender
    Posts
    907

    Re: Will the Coming Season be Different Because of COVID-19?

    Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    The way to beat the virus is to ignore it, because it's just a regular disease. It will stay around for a while. So what?
    I've never seen anything this dumb in my life.

  14. #1454
    Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Witness Protection in South Kakalaki
    Gender
    Posts
    1,113

    Re: Will the Coming Season be Different Because of COVID-19?

    Quote Originally Posted by tom444 View Post
    I've never seen anything this dumb in my life.
    Surely, there’s more to come.
    He keeps raising the bar when he posts on this topic.

  15. #1455
    Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Witness Protection in South Kakalaki
    Gender
    Posts
    1,113

    Re: Will the Coming Season be Different Because of COVID-19?

    Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

    You won’t be alone. Have you seen the map of how the surrounding counties are all closed. LA closed. Riverside closed. OC, Riverside, Imperial, and San Bernardino all closed. Heck, the word is that Arizonans will be heading our way (as in: everyone in the entire state).

    Oh... and then, they’re going to close the beaches on Tuesday. ARGH!!!

    We had a good thing going here. Our beaches were doing it the proper way: you’d set up your stuff 10 feet away from the next family, and everyone was happy. We hit the beach every other day (alternating with a pool day). Now... we’ll be stuck at home. Again.

    Anyway, I’m going to enjoy watching the fireworks from my friend’s backyard.

    QUESTION:
    Which ones are you watching?

    - - - Updated - - -



    I absolutely loved those 4ths as a kid: BBQ, watermelon, croquet, mosquitos, lightning bugs, blowing shit up...

    - - - Updated - - -



    If I recall correctly, I remember you telling me you also have (sometimes) ridden your ATV to a spot that has an awesome fireworks show.
    The Deep South has ruined Independence Day celebrations for me.
    Fireworks are a way of life down here.
    I’ve been hearing them and seeing them for well over a week.
    Unfortunately, tonight’s will seem like last night’s, and the night before, and last Tuesday’s, and last month’s.

  16. #1456
    Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Gender
    Posts
    10,952

    Re: Will the Coming Season be Different Because of COVID-19?

    Quote Originally Posted by FrancoLambert View Post
    The Deep South has ruined Independence Day celebrations for me.
    Fireworks are a way of life down here.
    I’ve been hearing them and seeing them for well over a week.
    Unfortunately, tonight’s will seem like last night’s, and the night before, and last Tuesday’s, and last month’s.
    I hear that.

    Having worked at SeaWorld for six years (high school, college), and seeing their 30-minute extravaganza every single night during the summer... I’ve become numb to it all. That said, my kids still love it, which is why I’m lucky to have a friend whose backyard allows for my family to watch the fireworks (while I simultaneously don’t have to stop playing corn-hole ).

  17. #1457
    Inconsiderate S.O.B. Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Posts
    11,256

    Re: Will the Coming Season be Different Because of COVID-19?

    Quote Originally Posted by tom444 View Post
    I've never seen anything this dumb in my life.
    It's great confirmation that I'm on the right track. Nobody cares what you think!
    An empty victory is a victory nonetheless.

  18. #1458
    Inconsiderate S.O.B. Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Posts
    11,256

    Re: Will the Coming Season be Different Because of COVID-19?

    Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

    You won’t be alone. Have you seen the map of how the surrounding counties are all closed. LA closed. Riverside closed. OC, Riverside, Imperial, and San Bernardino all closed. Heck, the word is that Arizonans will be heading our way (as in: everyone in the entire state).

    Oh... and then, they’re going to close the beaches on Tuesday. ARGH!!!

    We had a good thing going here. Our beaches were doing it the proper way: you’d set up your stuff 10 feet away from the next family, and everyone was happy. We hit the beach every other day (alternating with a pool day). Now... we’ll be stuck at home. Again.
    Oh well! It is time to simply start ignoring any government stay-at-home orders. They called it off for the leftist protests and showed their hand. Can't take it back now.
    An empty victory is a victory nonetheless.

  19. #1459
    Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Gender
    Posts
    10,952

    Re: Will the Coming Season be Different Because of COVID-19?

    Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Oh well! It is time to simply start ignoring any government stay-at-home orders. They called it off for the leftist protests and showed their hand. Can't take it back now.
    Newport Beach residents had the same idea.

    GOV. NEWSOME: The beaches in your county are closed.

    TRUST-FUND BABY: Eff you!!! We are going to flood the beaches; we will not wear masks; and, you can’t stop us, because my daddy owns a BMW dealership.

    MOTHER NATURE: You were correct about one part of that tirade...

  20. #1460
    Senior Member Array title="tom444 has a brilliant future"> tom444's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Boston
    Gender
    Posts
    907

    Re: Will the Coming Season be Different Because of COVID-19?

    Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    It's great confirmation that I'm on the right track. Nobody cares what you think!
    You're confused as usual. Everybody's laughing at what you say.

    Make it easy for us, post here directly:


  21. #1461
    Inconsiderate S.O.B. Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Posts
    11,256

    Re: Will the Coming Season be Different Because of COVID-19?

    Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Newport Beach residents had the same idea.

    GOV. NEWSOME: The beaches in your county are closed.

    TRUST-FUND BABY: Eff you!!! We are going to flood the beaches; we will not wear masks; and, you can’t stop us, because my daddy owns a BMW dealership.

    MOTHER NATURE: You were correct about one part of that tirade...
    Oh well. Time to let the chips fall where they may. I was told "Two weeks to slow the spread" ... 110 days ago.

    People have run out of patience with this game. It is just too bad.


    An empty victory is a victory nonetheless.

  22. #1462
    Senior Member Array title="Ezra Tank has a reputation beyond repute">

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Gender
    Posts
    2,598

    Re: Will the Coming Season be Different Because of COVID-19?

    Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Let's say you're right, and the number of cases far exceeds what is here, throwing off the numbers. In that case, the best estimates I've seen for the cases is 40-60 million. If we use those numbers, then the death toll drops from 5 percent to .3 percent. Great! Right? Hold on. It is still three times worse than the flu. This year, the flu killed .1 percent of all people it infected. Moreover, those numbers mean 40-60 million people were infected EVEN THOUGH we went through a quarantine. The spike since the quarantine shows that it was effective in flattening the curve.

    Either way, the narrative that "it's no worse than the flu" is wrong. What we're debating here is the degree to which it is worse. Also, from those who have had it, they say it is horrendous to suffer through. So, it's worse in that sense as well.

    Look. I'm not saying we should all put on our chicken-little hats and hide under our beds. I'm saying we should be smart about how we go about our business. When your out in public, don't be stupid. Wear a mask. The point of the mask isn't to protect you. It's to protect everyone else because if you have the virus (up to a 14 day incubation period, so you will not know if you have it) and cough, sneeze, or even speak forcefully, the water droplets get stuck in the mask rather than going straight out into the air.
    Nonsense! Millions have had this. If it truly was hell to go through there will literally be millions of horror stories. There are not. In fact there are NOT millions of stories because a lot of people get it, don't realize they even have it and recover after having a "cold" for a few days. The media isn't reporting those stories because they do not feed into the sky is falling narrative to scare people.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Remember when people here laughed at hydroxychloroquine. Well look here new studies are proving the early studies WRONG.

    https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattve...on-it-n2571837

    Even CNN Tweeted about a "surprising" new study.

    https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1278964201789194240

  23. #1463
    Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Gender
    Posts
    10,952

    Re: Will the Coming Season be Different Because of COVID-19?

    Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Oh well. Time to let the chips fall where they may. I was told "Two weeks to slow the spread" ... 110 days ago.

    People have run out of patience with this game. It is just too bad.
    Maybe I was too vague with my pun...

    https://abc7.com/newport-beach-flood...ounty/6296523/

  24. #1464
    Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Gender
    Posts
    11,552

    Re: Will the Coming Season be Different Because of COVID-19?

    So the actual doctors who conducted and wrote up the study specifically stated that their findings are not in conflict with and do not necessarily contradict any earlier findings. They just add more data. The Henry Ford study also excluded 10% of the patient population. That group is still hospitalized and their outcomes could dramatically alter the #s.

    Shockingly the verbal diarrhea factory masquerading as a news source doesn't mention any of that. Oddly, the press release from the hospital, the peer reviewed article, and the CNN write-up all do.

    This kind of nonsense is why we are still dealing with this. It's stupid people, playing stupid games, and winning shitty prizes.

  25. #1465
    Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Idaho
    Gender
    Posts
    3,643

    Re: Will the Coming Season be Different Because of COVID-19?

    Quote Originally Posted by tom444 View Post
    I've never seen anything this dumb in my life.
    Have you looked in the mirror lately?


    Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

    Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

  26. #1466
    Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Idaho
    Gender
    Posts
    3,643

    Re: Will the Coming Season be Different Because of COVID-19?

    Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    If I recall correctly, I remember you telling me you also have (sometimes) ridden your ATV to a spot that has an awesome fireworks show.
    Yes...We can ride down in the snake river canyon or sit right on the edge and watch all the fireworks and watch jumpers.
    Base jumpers



    Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

    Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

  27. #1467
    Inconsiderate S.O.B. Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Posts
    11,256

    Re: Will the Coming Season be Different Because of COVID-19?

    Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Maybe I was too vague with my pun...

    https://abc7.com/newport-beach-flood...ounty/6296523/
    Ah, you were, I had no idea about that. It is very easy for that to get lost in the sour attitude of this thread. Anyway, happy 4th!
    An empty victory is a victory nonetheless.

  28. #1468
    Senior Member Array title="tom444 has a brilliant future"> tom444's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Boston
    Gender
    Posts
    907

    Re: Will the Coming Season be Different Because of COVID-19?




    Page 3

    Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Oh well. Time to let the chips fall where they may. I was told "Two weeks to slow the spread" ... 110 days ago.

    People have run out of patience with this game. It is just too bad.



  29. #1469
    Senior Member Array title="tom444 has a brilliant future"> tom444's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Boston
    Gender
    Posts
    907

    Re: Will the Coming Season be Different Because of COVID-19?

    Just in case you're not getting it:

    Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences

    ...................................snip........... ..................


    Various mitigation measures have been implemented to fight the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic, including widely adopted social distancing and mandated face covering. However, assessing the effectiveness of those intervention practices hinges on the understanding of virus transmission, which remains uncertain. Here we show that airborne transmission is highly virulent and represents the dominant route to spread the disease. By analyzing the trend and mitigation measures in Wuhan, China, Italy, and New York City, from January 23 to May 9, 2020, we illustrate that the impacts of mitigation measures are discernable from the trends of the pandemic. Our analysis reveals that the difference with and without mandated face covering represents the determinant in shaping the pandemic trends in the three epicenters. This protective measure alone significantly reduced the number of infections, that is, by over 78,000 in Italy from April 6 to May 9 and over 66,000 in New York City from April 17 to May 9. Other mitigation measures, such as social distancing implemented in the United States, are insufficient by themselves in protecting the public. We conclude that wearing of face masks in public corresponds to the most effective means to prevent interhuman transmission, and this inexpensive practice, in conjunction with simultaneous social distancing, quarantine, and contact tracing, represents the most likely fighting opportunity to stop the COVID-19 pandemic. Our work also highlights the fact that sound science is essential in decision-making for the current and future public health pandemics.
    https://www.pnas.org/content/117/26/14857

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •