Page 39 of 73 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 2167

Thread: Will the Coming Season be Different Because of COVID-19?

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Re: Will the Coming Season be Different Because of COVID-19?

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1 View Post
    People with heart disease are afraid to go outside their house let alone trying to get into doctors office that isn't seeing people. And people that needed treatment were deemed non essential (elective procedures) and can't get in anyway.
    I completely understand. I have worked in the medical field the past 2 decades. Anybody with a heart condition should still be seeking care and many physicians have established ways of working with their patient base using telehealth, video, web applications etc. If its really bad they should be calling 911 and going to hospital.

I get that some are afraid, but choice and accountability are freedoms that people have. Sadly, if they choose not to seek medical care, its their choice and have to be accountable for their own actions.

Here is a link to the American Heart Association and a statement of guidance to those who may have needs for medical help. https://www.heart.org/en/news/2020/0...octors-say-yes
    Is it safe to go to the hospital during COVID-19 pandemic? Doctors say yes

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    That doesn't seem to be what this is saying: https://www.facs.org/covid-19/legisl...ecutive-orders

A quick scan on this indicates that any treatment that would prevent a patient from experiencing an irreparable negative outcome is essential. So you can not go and get treatment on your already wrecked knee, you gotta gut that out because the knee isn't going to get worse; but you can absolutely go get your heart treated so that you don't die.

While I don't have a wrecked knee or a damaged heart and I am only going by what I can read. I do know several friends and family members who have been able to readily schedule and obtain basic medical care over the past 3 months.
    Correct. People need to be accountable for their own medical conditions and advocate.

One of the more ironically sad things to see is patients with vascular conditions that smoke, have poor diet and are obese, yet still don't take responsibility for their health. Some to the point that they have had leg ulcers or amputation due to peripheral artery disease...yet they still smoke and don't eat well and expect a doctor to fix them.

People that don't seek medical attention for fear of being that less than 1% who will get COVID are as accountable for their own health as the one legged person with PAD having a smoke outside the hospital. They need to start by helping themselves, IMO.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Correct. People need to be accountable for their own medical conditions and advocate.

One of the more ironically sad things to see is patients with vascular conditions that smoke, have poor diet and are obese, yet still don't take responsibility for their health. Some to the point that they have had leg ulcers or amputation due to peripheral artery disease...yet they still smoke and don't eat well and expect a doctor to fix them.

People that don't seek medical attention for fear of being that less than 1% who will get COVID are as accountable for their own health as the one legged person with PAD having a smoke outside the hospital. They need to start by helping themselves, IMO.
    Those are good points. I am just highly suspicious of the "alignment" of factors here. Maybe I sound like I am around the bend, but the "agenda" here seems pretty obvious. Painting with a very broad brush, but in the people that are "protesting" COVID measures (its existence?) seem to suddenly be very concerned with things they have never been concerned about before.

People who have previously denied inequality and the mental health risks of specific regulatory policies are now extremely concerned about economic impacts and mental health concerns.

Folks that have previously argued for high amounts of personal responsibility on medical issues are now concerned about barriers to accessing medical care/facilities.

Previously, the right for a private business to deny serving specific groups of customers was a sacred freedom but, now, a private business denying entry to anyone not wearing a mask is an assault on fundamental liberty.

The list continues. I do find the hard pivot to deeply caring about things you never had a concern over before to advance a tangentially related agenda to be a bit of a "giveaway" that you might not be being totally genuine...

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

Post Re: Will the Coming Season be Different Because of COVID-19?

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    You can't say that it's ZERO. Suicide, domestic abuse, all up.
    I can't imagine someone who was never involved in domestic abuse previously suddenly becoming a domestic abuser because they sheltered in place for a few weeks. Ditto suicide. All of a sudden someone blows their brains out because they couldn't get to McDonalds? Now, might this have pushed some poor soul suffering from severe depression already over the edge? Tragicly that might be. A lack of social contact might have been the last straw for such an individual.

Those are good points. I am just highly suspicious of the "alignment" of factors here. Maybe I sound like I am around the bend, but the "agenda" here seems pretty obvious. Painting with a very broad brush, but in the people that are "protesting" COVID measures (its existence?) seem to suddenly be very concerned with things they have never been concerned about before.

People who have previously denied inequality and the mental health risks of specific regulatory policies are now extremely concerned about economic impacts and mental health concerns.

Folks that have previously argued for high amounts of personal responsibility on medical issues are now concerned about barriers to accessing medical care/facilities.

Previously, the right for a private business to deny serving specific groups of customers was a sacred freedom but, now, a private business denying entry to anyone not wearing a mask is an assault on fundamental liberty.

The list continues. I do find the hard pivot to deeply caring about things you never had a concern over before to advance a tangentially related agenda to be a bit of a "giveaway" that you might not be being totally genuine...
    I think you are pretty spot on in your assessment here. I bet there are a lot of folks that don't really concern themselves much about the suicide rates of the LGBTQ community, but if some stats of increased suicides in general suit the narrative they want to believe in...and a significant number is affiliated with that population, they now will suddenly cite those stats.

With regards to sports and football continuing, I think that if some players choose not to play for concern over their health, that a subset of fans, media, management, etc will think they are "soft" or "cowards" or blame political or religious beliefs for their choice not to play. I'm interested to see how deep with the hate be for a NFL player that says I don't want to play, while there is no treatment or vaccine, if the NFL says games can resume.

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

That doesn't seem to be what this is saying: https://www.facs.org/covid-19/legisl...ecutive-orders

A quick scan on this indicates that any treatment that would prevent a patient from experiencing an irreparable negative outcome is essential. So you can not go and get treatment on your already wrecked knee, you gotta gut that out because the knee isn't going to get worse; but you can absolutely go get your heart treated so that you don't die.

While I don't have a wrecked knee or a damaged heart and I am only going by what I can read. I do know several friends and family members who have been able to readily schedule and obtain basic medical care over the past 3 months.
    I have several elderly people that can't get in for their "conditions" or regular visits. Best they can do is talk to a doc over the phone if they have the capacity too. If not it's the RN that's doing the talking for them. The only real way (if needed) is to take them to the E room and be seen by who ever is there. Rules are starting to relax a bit around here, but it's up to the DR office if they let you in. I'm sure it's different everywhere.

Which is actually fine with me, last thing I want is them going where they have a greater chance of catching this stuff and bringing it back with them.

I'm not really bitching it's just the way it is in my neck of the woods.

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I have several elderly people that can't get in for their "conditions" or regular visits. Best they can do is talk to a doc over the phone if they have the capacity too. If not it's the RN that's doing the talking for them. The only real way (if needed) is to take them to the E room and be seen by who ever is there. Rules are starting to relax a bit around here, but it's up to the DR office if they let you in. I'm sure it's different everywhere.

Which is actually fine with me, last thing I want is them going where they have a greater chance of catching this stuff and bringing it back with them.

Sure. Its been done to protect them.

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tom444 View Post
    Sure. Its been done to protect them.

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Apparently not to you.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Good info. I’m fortunate enough that my immediate circle has no pressing health concerns. Family has gotten in for bloodwork but no one has needed anything else. And, importantly, as you mentioned it is different everywhere. Hopefully, it starts to “standardize” so each persons social network can share advice that will actually be relevant.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Do you know what's funny, leading experts at the leading hospitals in the state of Pennsylvania (St. Lukes and Lehigh Valley Health Network in the Lehigh Valley and UPMC in Pittsurgh) are all saying it is safe to re-open. This emergency started so as to not overwhelm the hospitals and these same hospitals are giving the green light to re-open at least the state of PA. Yet the idiot governor of PA continues to insist on keeping counties in red or yellow and threaten counties who re-open without his say so. So if the shutdowns really are about health, safety, an preventing the hospitals from being overwhelmed, how come the idiot governor of PA at least continues to insist on not re-opening? Hmmm

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...180-6/fulltext

Pretty damning collection of data. "We were unable to confirm a benefit of hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine, when used alone or with a macrolide, on in-hospital outcomes for COVID-19. Each of these drug regimens was associated with decreased in-hospital survival and an increased frequency of ventricular arrhythmias when used for treatment of COVID-19."

Translation: It is snake oil and actually seems to increase the chance of getting totally wrecked.

More on the how people are bad at the internet:https://www.scs.cmu.edu/news/nearly-...99-may-be-bots

"Of the top 50 influential retweeters, 82% are bots, they found. Of the top 1,000 retweeters, 62% are bots.The monitoring of tweets is ongoing and collections from Facebook, Reddit and YouTube have been added to the research."

I find it absolutely HILARIOUS that most of the internet is being easily tricked by propaganda robots from China and Russia.

Why it is specifically so easy to fool a specific segment of American political spectrum, no idea.

"Many factors of the online discussions about “reopening America” suggest that bot activity is orchestrated. One indicator is the large number of bots, many of which are accounts that were recently created. Accounts that are possibly humans with bot assistants generate 66% of the tweets. Accounts that are definitely bots generate 34% of the tweets."

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...180-6/fulltext

Pretty damning collection of data. "We were unable to confirm a benefit of hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine, when used alone or with a macrolide, on in-hospital outcomes for COVID-19. Each of these drug regimens was associated with decreased in-hospital survival and an increased frequency of ventricular arrhythmias when used for treatment of COVID-19."

Translation: It is snake oil and actually seems to increase the chance of getting totally wrecked.
    Really, you expect the public to trust a paper published on results of over 96,000 patients from 671 hospitals and the principal investigator is some Dr. from some fly by night institution like the Heart and Vascular division of Harvard School of Medicine??

I heard from a Cuban Dr. on youtube that its all lies and mind control that Bill Gates is behind and the University of Phoenix online is working on a study to refute the findings. Again, for all that believe in taking Hydroxycut, go for it. Darwinism.

Really, you expect the public to trust a paper published on results of over 96,000 patients from 671 hospitals and the principal investigator is some Dr. from some fly by night institution like the Heart and Vascular division of Harvard School of Medicine??

I heard from a Cuban Dr. on youtube that its all lies and mind control that Bill Gates is behind and the University of Phoenix online is working on a study to refute the findings. Again, for all that believe in taking Hydroxycut, go for it. Darwinism.
    My hope would be that people who believe they are maverick independent thinkers who are heroically asking questions realize they are actually among the most easily and consistently manipulated people on the planet.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

You're wasting your time on TDS444.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Keep proving my point TDS444.

Ut oh TDS444 ...

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattve...untry-n2569367

The CDC just came out with a report that should be earth-shattering to the narrative of the political class, yet it will go into the thick pile of vital data and information about the virus that is not getting out to the public. For the first time, the CDC has attempted to offer a real estimate of the overall death rate for COVID-19, and under its most likely scenario, the number is 0.26%. Officials estimate a 0.4% fatality rate among those who are symptomatic and project a 35% rate of asymptomatic cases among those infected, which drops the overall infection fatality rate (IFR) to just 0.26% — almost exactly where Stanford researchers pegged ita month ago.

Until now, we have been ridiculed for thinking the death rate was that low, as opposed to the 3.4% estimate of the World Health Organization, which helped drive the panic and the lockdowns. Now the CDC is agreeing to the lower rate in plain ink.

Plus, ultimately we might find out that the IFR is even lower because numerous studies and hard counts of confined populations have shown a much higher percentage of asymptomatic cases. Simply adjusting for a 50% asymptomatic rate would drop their fatality rate to 0.2% – exactly the rate of fatality Dr. John Ionnidis of Stanford University projected.
    So we essentially crushed our economy, thousands of small businesses and people for a .26% mortality rate. I understood it the first month but now that these numbers are coming out why aren't liberal Democratic states opening? Because they DO NOT want to give up control. Yes 100,000 people died from this in the US but thousands of American's die every year from the flu. In 2018 over 60,000 Americans died. In 1968 over 100,000 died (2 million world wide) from the flu.

This is madness, we need to fully open right now and protect/quarantine the people that are at risk not everyone!

Even Dr. Fauci is calling it out now:

Stay-at-home orders intended to curb the spread of the coronavirus could end up causing “irreparable damage” if imposed for too long, White House health advisor Dr. Anthony Fauci told CNBC on Friday. “I don’t want people to think that any of us feel that staying locked down for a prolonged period of time is the way to go,” Fauci said during an interview with CNBC’s Meg Tirrell on “Halftime Report.”
    - - - Updated - - -

Remember those that said there was no proof that this lock down is causing other issues ... WRONG:

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...9lGHtJEfSjABwU

A Year’s Worth of Suicide Attempts in the Last Four Weeks’: California Doctor Calls for End to Lockdown

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

This whole thing is such an over blown political hit. Tom can post whatever bull shit he likes. It changes nothing. He has nothing to lose in this. He's retired and doing well.

Good idea?

Last edited by tom444; 05-25-2020 at 10:49 PM.

Good idea?

With a death rate of .026% (same as the flu) absolutely!

But for safety reasons you should hide in your house until January 20th, 2025 (preferably under your bed) until Nikki Haley is sworn in and your TDS is cured.

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

But for safety reasons you should hide in your house until January 20th, 2025 (preferably under your bed) until Nikki Haley is sworn in and your TDS is cured.

This......

.............is a good idea and the alternative to hiding under your bed?

Sweet Home Alabama

This......

.............is a good idea and the alternative to hiding under your bed?

I think this is awesome!!

If you are gonna model intelligent behavior, then for sure you start with what they are doing in the Ozarks and Alabama. Next stops should be Talahassee, then Kentucky and keep moving thru the finest parts of Appalacia.

I think this is awesome!!

If you are gonna model intelligent behavior, then for sure you start with what they are doing in the Ozarks and Alabama. Next stops should be Talahassee, then Kentucky and keep moving thru the finest parts of Appalacia.

You're right, because people that spell Tallahassee incorrectly are usually so much more intelligence.

Let me guess, your auto-correct did it?

You're right, because people that spell Tallahassee incorrectly are usually so much more intelligence.

Let me guess, your auto-correct did it?

Let us know when you get the irony of your post. It's really good.

Stay safe everybody and stay healthy. Hope none of you are part of the next 100,000.

Let us know when you get the irony of your post. It's really good.

Stay safe everybody and stay healthy. Hope none of you are part of the next 100,000.
    I hope you hold TDS444's hand at night. Do you two spoon as well? Is it tight under his bed? There is no irony. You called people stupid while spelling the capital of Florida incorrectly. There's some saying about a glass house and all ...