Page 62 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,860 of 2167

Thread: Will the Coming Season be Different Because of COVID-19?

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Re: Will the Coming Season be Different Because of COVID-19?

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Litigation.

No organization is going to open itself to any liability exposure on this.

Say the NCAA or whoever, says here are the things. Do these and you'll be fine. Then a single athlete gets sick, develops a long term consequence, or dies or has a family member die. Despite how much many of us would vehemently disagree with it, some lawyer will get a big $$$ settlement out of it. Wrongful death, lost wages, future earning potential, and so on.

Ironically, not having a CFB season could potentially do the same. Plus, no revenue, what pays for all those scholarships next year?
    I would agree that fear of liability has been one of the top two driving forces behind this entire disastrous overreaction, neck-and-neck with public shaming. Taking actions that are absolutely ruinous for everyone, because you are afraid of being sued or "canceled." It is no way to run a business, let alone a country. And it never would have been possible until recently.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    I would agree that fear of liability has been one of the top two driving forces behind this entire disastrous overreaction, neck-and-neck with public shaming. Taking actions that are absolutely ruinous for everyone, because you are afraid of being sued or "canceled." It is no way to run a business, let alone a country. And it never would have been possible until recently.
    Fear of litigation and liability has been running the world for the entire time I've been alive and looking at history, for at least as long as we wrote laws down.

There is extremely little new under the sun.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Fear of litigation and liability has been running the world for the entire time I've been alive and looking at history, for at least as long as we wrote laws down.

I would say it has gotten noticeably worse over the course of my lifetime, and it has taken off like a rocketship in the last roughly 15 years. That has also been combined with an unhealthy expectation that everything is someone else's fault, and it is the government's job to step in and ensure that nothing ever goes wrong ever.

I would have never imagined a situation in which people would be called out angrily and threatened with stiff penalties simply for going about their business - yet here we are.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

I would say it has gotten noticeably worse over the course of my lifetime, and it has taken off like a rocketship in the last roughly 15 years. That has also been combined with an unhealthy expectation that everything is someone else's fault, and it is the government's job to step in and ensure that nothing ever goes wrong ever.

I would have never imagined a situation in which people would be called out angrily and threatened with stiff penalties simply for going about their business - yet here we are.
    This makes it seem like it's actually been reined in since the 1970s or so.

https://www.instituteforlegalreform....eform-timeline

But I don't really know. The past 15 years is also the explosion of the internet and connectivity. It's also the same period that people swear that child crimes have skyrocketed. They haven't, we just hear about all of them. I bet it's the same with courts. They put the "People's Court" on TV in 1981.

Senior Member Array title="T&B fan has much to be proud of"> T&B fan's Avatar

this is why you have a warning on a hair dryer " do not use in shower "
    we must never forget tell everyone you know New England cheated and might be back at it Edit 1-21-15 there back Edit #2__12-8-19 here we go again Edit #3__ 5-25-23 it never ends

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

When you're at war you have to work together. Most people get it but some are too stupid.

From streetlights to headlights, major cities on the East Coast went completely dark this past week, as surprise blackout drills hit the U.S. for the first time. For the last few months, 30 million Americans living in coastal areas have been experiencing dim-out drills in preparation for air raids, but this was the first time for complete blackouts in many cities.

On different nights last week New York City, Philadelphia, and Washington, D.C. all experienced near-total darkness come 10 o’clock at night. People were going about their nights when alarms started to sound in every area. There were many unforeseen consequences.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

I bet TDS444 would have no problem with this:

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/us...choactive-pill

Ah duh, I bet TDS444 would have no problem with this, ah duh.

Back to the original topic, "Will the coming season be different because of covid-19?

Patriots Will Start The Year With No Fans At Gillette Stadium

The Associated Press
    The New England Patriots' first two home games this season scheduled for Sept. 13 and 27 will be played without fans in attendance, the team announced Tuesday.

"Following consultation with the Massachusetts Reopening Advisory Board, Gillette Stadium officials learned today that we will not be permitted to host fans at any events through at least the end of September," the team said in a statement.
    https://www.wbur.org/news/2020/08/18...o-fans-stadium

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Of course it will be different.

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Going back to the pre brady days

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Associated Press
    The New England Patriots' first two home games this season scheduled for Sept. 13 and 27 will be played without fans in attendance, the team announced Tuesday.
    I wonder if that is actually mandated by law, or if the team was just making a prediction.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Here's a prediction. They'll win another SB before the Steelers do.

Meanwhile, remember - listen to the experts!

These guys are European too, so that means they are automatically 10,000,000,000 billion trillion times smarter than us stupid Americans!

UK lockdown was a ‘monumental mistake’ and must not happen again

Prof Woolhouse OBE, a member of the Scientific Pandemic Influenza Group on Behaviours that advises the Government, said: “Lockdown was a panic measure and I believe history will say trying to control Covid-19 through lockdown was a monumental mistake on a global scale, the cure was worse than the disease.

“I never want to see national lockdown again. It was always a temporary measure that simply delayed the stage of the epidemic we see now. It was never going to change anything fundamentally, however low we drove down the number of cases, and now we know more about the virus and how to track it we should not be in this position again.

“We absolutely should never return to a position where children cannot play or go to school.

“I believe the harm lockdown is doing to our education, health care access, and broader aspects of our economy and society will turn out to be at least as great as the harm done by Covid-19.”

http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/...-Boris-Johnson

Hey, you guys remember when there was going to be a huge ventilator shortage and millions of people were going to die? Me too! What happened to that?

Oh, that's right, I forgot - cases, cases, cases! Better make sure a few people out of 100,000 don't get sick, otherwise it's an emergency!

Remember, 15 days to flatten the curve! We're almost there, guys - it's just for a couple more weeks, I promise!
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

I hope you're right.... I really need to go back to work!...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    I hope you're right.... I really need to go back to work!...lol.
    I am right and I've always been right - the problem is that there are too many people in positions of power who actually WANT this.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

I am right and I've always been right - the problem is that there are too many people in positions of power who actually WANT this.
    I know. I've agreed with you from the start of this.

Meanwhile, the CDC updates its statistics to note that COVID-19 is the sole cause of death in only 6% of cases (that's 10,000 or less in the entire six-month span). An average of 2.6 other comorbidities, and overwhelmingly affecting those "of very advanced age."

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/c...ekly/index.htm

This lines up amazingly well with the CDC report in May on which only about 1 in 6 (11,000-12,000 out of 60,000 at the time) deaths listed as COVID-19 actually had COVID-19 as a "significant cause of death."

What an absolute fraud these lockdowns are. What the fuck are we doing?
    See you Space Cowboy ...

UK lockdown was a ‘monumental mistake’ and must not happen again

Prof Woolhouse OBE, a member of the Scientific Pandemic Influenza Group on Behaviours that advises the Government, said: “Lockdown was a panic measure and I believe history will say trying to control Covid-19 through lockdown was a monumental mistake on a global scale, the cure was worse than the disease.

“I never want to see national lockdown again. It was always a temporary measure that simply delayed the stage of the epidemic we see now. It was never going to change anything fundamentally, however low we drove down the number of cases, and now we know more about the virus and how to track it we should not be in this position again.

“We absolutely should never return to a position where children cannot play or go to school.

“I believe the harm lockdown is doing to our education, health care access, and broader aspects of our economy and society will turn out to be at least as great as the harm done by Covid-19.”

http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/...-Boris-Johnson
    The good professor, "The professor of infectious disease epidemiology said that the Government must now focus on increasing testing and striving to unlock society safely rather than restricting it further."

I'm pretty sure that's what we're doing here in America Prof. Thanks for verifying our policy.

Quote Originally Posted by tom444 View Post
    The good professor, "The professor of infectious disease epidemiology said that the Government must now focus on increasing testing and striving to unlock society safely rather than restricting it further."

I'm pretty sure that's what we're doing here in America Prof. Thanks for verifying our policy.
    Seems like what they're doing in America is increasing testing in an effort to increase lockdowns, by ignoring the only metrics that mean anything and relying on the wrong metrics to inspire fear in dumbfucks like you.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Apparently, there were some mask and social distancing protests in Europe... that can't be right. They were leading the charge with positive results.

If it was a real emergency, people would stay home without being forced.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

If it was a real emergency, people would stay home without being forced.

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1 View Post

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    Of course it will be different.
    For sure, I also wonder if ratings will tank like NBA, MLB and others due to promoting corrupt organizations and other conspiracies. Granted I am white and golf at a country club so I am white privileged LMAO,but it shocked me how many guys in my group say they wont watch football and are done with fantasy leagues. If Steelers are 3 games back after week 4 I could see myself losing interest as well. I just want to watch football at this point even with empty stands. No crowd noise will be interesting.