Page 64 of 73 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,920 of 2167

Thread: Will the Coming Season be Different Because of COVID-19?

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Re: Will the Coming Season be Different Because of COVID-19?

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    I hope thinks work out for you and I hope you find peace from the fear, anger, misery and anxiety that you appear to be experiencing.
    Yes. As long as the government and others are imposing insane and overbearing restrictions on me, I will be angry at them and rightfully so. That you would simply accept it does not suggest to me that you are moral and just, or that you care about doing your duty for your fellow man - it simply suggests that you are a fool who thinks very (VERY!) highly of himself.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by tom444 View Post
    Sex during COVID:

Good news for steelreserve. The doctor notes that the safest sex to have is with yourself.
    I think the doctor may be describing a sexual encounter with steelreserve.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    That you would simply accept it does not suggest to me that you are moral and just, or that you care about doing your duty for your fellow man - it simply suggests that you are a fool who thinks very (VERY!) highly of himself.
    I am self-aware. I know my strengths and weaknesses and am not afraid of recognizing my achievements in life as a product of my hard work, strategic thinking and acquisition of knowledge over time. Bill Parcells once referred to one of his players as having "a confidence, born of demonstrated ability". That's a good quality to have if you want to achieve. Another is caring about how you perceive yourself, rather than how others perceive you.

As for "simply accepting" "overbearing restrictions". I would be interested in knowing what has been achieved by complaining about the restrictions? Does the complaining solve the issues? I personally have adapted and moved forward, but that is something that I commonly do when faced with adversity.

Good luck to you, if you believe in luck.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    I am self-aware. I know my strengths and weaknesses and am not afraid of recognizing my achievements in life as a product of my hard work, strategic thinking and acquisition of knowledge over time. Bill Parcells once referred to one of his players as having "a confidence, born of demonstrated ability". That's a good quality to have if you want to achieve. Another is caring about how you perceive yourself, rather than how others perceive you.

As for "simply accepting" "overbearing restrictions". I would be interested in knowing what has been achieved by complaining about the restrictions? Does the complaining solve the issues? I personally have adapted and moved forward, but that is something that I commonly do when faced with adversity.

Good luck to you, if you believe in luck.
    With any luck, we will have our idiot governor removed, for one thing.

If enough people complained and/or took action, that process would have happened sooner, or the overbearing restrictions would simply be ignored. Unfortunately, the government tyrants have us over a barrel of "who goes first."

People like you don't help at all, though. "Oh hey look - they put shit sandwiches on the menu today! Welp, guess I'll just eat up! Look at how smart I am for not complaining! I got my SHIT SANDWICH right here, and you're still being mad about it! Take that, losers! NOM NOM NOM NOM"
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Freedoms are easily lost.
    Regaining them not so easy.

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1 View Post
    Freedoms are easily lost.
    Regaining them not so easy.
    ^^^This from a Trumpster.

"Vote Democrat: We'll bring you bad times, and you'll lose your freedom forever. Do it or else! (P.S. - we're going to try to cheat anyway.)"

A true winning message. Takes a really ... special ... kind of person to get behind that.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Inconsiderate S.O.B.
    Well, you can't say he didn't warn you.

From someone who knows what he's talking about:

Hero of the Hudson: Trump is a 'Coward'

Updated: 10 hours ago

Editor's Note: Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger is a retired Air Force pilot and commercial airline captain. He is best known for safely landing a plane on the Hudson River in 2009 after both engines were disabled, earning him the nickname, "Hero of the Hudson."

On Friday, Sully wrote a scathing op-ed about Donald Trump over a series of nine tweets. MaxNewsToday has decided to republish these tweets as one easy-to-read editorial as a public service to the nation.

I am a veteran.
    I volunteered for military service during wartime. So did my father. His generation saved the world from fascism.In our travels, my wife Lorrie and I have always made it a point to visit military bases, hospitals and cemeteries to meet and honor those who serve and have served our nation. I have long known that serving a cause greater than oneself is the highest calling, whether in the military or in civilian life. And I have always tried to be a voice of reason and to speak in a measured way.

But this situation calls for a much more direct approach. It is time to call out egregious behavior for what it is.

For the first time in American history, a president has repeatedly shown utter and vulgar contempt and disrespect for those who have served and died serving our country.

While I am not surprised, I am disgusted by the current occupant of the Oval Office. He has repeatedly and consistently shown himself to be completely unfit for, and to have no respect for, the office he holds.

He took an oath of office that is similar to the one that each person takes who enters the U.S. Military. But he has completely failed to uphold his oath. Now we know why. He has admitted that he cannot comprehend the concept of service above self.

He cannot understand selflessness because he is selfish. He cannot conceive of courage because he is a coward. He cannot feel duty because he is disloyal.

We owe it not only to those who have served and sacrificed for our nation, but to ourselves and to succeeding generations to vote him out.

https://www.maxnewstoday.com/post/he...z_F4WQ8wgDh2s4

See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

No one sat on it for 30 months. This story has been floating out there for some time. No one would go on the record; only background. So most places didn't put it out there.

This fits with the overwhelming tradition of the military (active or retired) that you do not publicly criticize the POTUS on the record.

Over the past few weeks, a reporter or two got people to confirm and corroborate an existing story. Some of which appear to have been willing to violate the traditional gag order. That allowed it to be published.

The comments totally fit with Trump's core philosophies. Everything is transactional for him. What is the reward/compensation for service in the WWI Marines? To someone like Trump there is no tangible result to balance the scales against the horrific conditions and startlingly high mortality rates for WWI. In Trump's world, anyone who accepts such a one sided deal is a "loser" or made a "dumb deal". It is a perspective that is in every single one of his writings and public comments on a variety of subjects since long before he became a political figure.

And he has every right to hold that opinion and approach things from the viewpoint of "what's in it for this side versus that side". But when you create a public persona that is heavily centered on no one else can keep the nation safe and support the military -- the philosophy becomes problematic.

It really doesn't matter whether he said it or not because either way he has said it hundreds of times in hundreds of ways.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

It really doesn't matter whether he said it or not because either way he has said it hundreds of times in hundreds of ways.

Yup. And he can believe and hold any opinion about service, veterans, and what a hero is that he damn well pleases. It only matters because his "brand" is that of a flag humping, Bible thumping, red-blooded super patriot. And he isn't. He never has been. He's a bottom line "business" guy.

The funny thing is that he could end up in a corner that he painted himself into...or it all blows over because no one really cares what anyone actually says.

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    No one sat on it for 30 months. This story has been floating out there for some time. No one would go on the record; only background. So most places didn't put it out there.

This fits with the overwhelming tradition of the military (active or retired) that you do not publicly criticize the POTUS on the record.

Over the past few weeks, a reporter or two got people to confirm and corroborate an existing story. Some of which appear to have been willing to violate the traditional gag order. That allowed it to be published.

The comments totally fit with Trump's core philosophies. Everything is transactional for him. What is the reward/compensation for service in the WWI Marines? To someone like Trump there is no tangible result to balance the scales against the horrific conditions and startlingly high mortality rates for WWI. In Trump's world, anyone who accepts such a one sided deal is a "loser" or made a "dumb deal". It is a perspective that is in every single one of his writings and public comments on a variety of subjects since long before he became a political figure.

And he has every right to hold that opinion and approach things from the viewpoint of "what's in it for this side versus that side". But when you create a public persona that is heavily centered on no one else can keep the nation safe and support the military -- the philosophy becomes problematic.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

This whole non-story about what Trump said that has been refuted by 11 people is nothing but desperation by the Democrats. The polls are tightening, many Democrats (such as callers on CSPAN and mayors in Democrat populated Iron Range Minnesota) are stating they will vote for Trump, and unemployment has fallen to 8% and they rather not cover the story about unemployment continuing to improve (which would make Trump look good) so they look to continue to get as much mileage with this non-story as much as possible. So sad that the spin doctors are not just spinning every story against Trump to make him look bad, they have now moved to concocting completely bogus stories about him. Fortunately trust in the media is at an all time low and the violence in Democrat controlled communities will resonate more with people than some bogus story

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    This whole non-story about what Trump said that has been refuted by 11 people.........
    Give me a link claiming 11 sycophants refuted the story.

Btw, how does it feel to be sycophant to an asshole like Trump. Do you have trouble shaving in the morning? Do you kick your dog? Have you become a holocaust denier? How does it manifest in your daily life?

I'm not surprised.

At Least 4 Boats Sink During ‘Trump Boat Parade’ in Texas, Officials Say

Owners of boats of “all shapes and sizes” were encouraged to participate and to decorate their craft with “as many Trump flags” as possible at the event in Lake Travis in Texas, a Facebook page said.Credit...Bob Daemmrich

By Bryan Pietsch and Aimee Ortiz

• Sept. 5, 2020

The authorities rescued numerous people from the waters of Lake Travis in Texas on Saturday after at least four boats sank at an event promoted as a Trump Boat Parade, officials said.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/05/u...gtype=Homepage

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Yup. And he can believe and hold any opinion about service, veterans, and what a hero is that he damn well pleases. It only matters because his "brand" is that of a flag humping, Bible thumping, red-blooded super patriot. And he isn't. He never has been. He's a bottom line "business" guy.

The funny thing is that he could end up in a corner that he painted himself into...or it all blows over because no one really cares what anyone actually says.
    Hmm, left-wing publication, far-fetched story, anonymous sources, no evidence ... yeah, I'm guessing the rabid left will eat it up and no one else will care. The media has become a performance space.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

steelreserve

May 2020

steelreserve

May 2020
    Stay up all night thinking of that one?

Pretty irresponsible. I'm sure you have homework due on Tuesday.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

You on the left are grasping at straws...lol. Keep playing, though...LOL!

Meanwhile, in the aftermath of the Sturgis motorcycle rally - the super-spreader event to end all super-spreader events - the COVID death toll climbs to ... one person in his 60s.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...torcycle-rally

While surely any day now we will be knee-deep in the dead, so far three weeks after the event they have discovered a couple hundred positive test results out of half a million people. And not one single hospital was overwhelmed, and not one ventilator was short. Results of free testing in the local community show the same rate of infection that was the normal background rate before the rally.

Huh. How about that, I guess it's just not very dangerous, and a large-scale test proved it the very first time people were allowed to have an event.

Open the schools and the bars and the churches. Hold sporting events with live crowds. Open Disneyland with no masks. You've been had. And some of you still believe the bullshit.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

The season will have an asterisk by it.
    Hater = Realist

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

If you watch a game with peereserve or Moostang1 make sure you wear glasses.

Do Eyeglasses Offer Protection Against COVID-19?

By Dennis Thompson
    HealthDay Reporter

WEDNESDAY, Sept. 16, 2020 (HealthDay News) -- Eyeglasses keep you from tripping over footstools and walking into walls, but they also might have a side benefit to spark envy among those with 20/20 vision.

People who wear glasses every day might be less susceptible to COVID-19 infection, a Chinese study reports.

Only about 6% of 276 patients hospitalized for COVID-19 at Suizhou Zengdu Hospital in China needed to wear glasses daily due to their nearsightedness. But the proportion of nearsighted people in Hubei province, where the hospital is located, is much higher -- around 32%, according to the study.

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/2020...nst-covid-19#1

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1 View Post

Ha ha, that's funny. The thing is though you don't need to protect yourself while posting on a forum using your computer, or whatever device you were using.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ