Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
And this is the part that is ridiculous. The assumption that you're POV is the majority. There is a great deal of data to indicate that it isn't. At best the country is split in half.

BUT...BUT...everyone I know thinks like I do. Look at this message board, MojoUW and Tom are the only ones who disagree with me. And those guys suck!

Cool! Sample size? Selection bias? I mean, outside of this message board, I don't interact with anyone who would agree with a word of what you're saying. Does that mean you are the minority POV?

I am repeatedly told I am an intolerant liberal seeking to browbeat everyone into agreement with my warped POV and political philosophies. That I need to realize that few people agree with my worldview and that I better back off and get on board with how things work. But, at every damn turn in the road, the other side angrily screams that they don't have to even countenance that there are other points of view and millions of people who agree with those points of view. They can just reject that POV and its adherents as radicals, sheep, fools, evil, or whatever allows them to marginalize and ridicule it.

Honestly, that is why I post incessantly and annoyingly on this side of the board. It is total bullshit that one side is allowed to assume the fundamental righteousness and correctness of everything and anything they advocate for and the other is held to a totally different standard and asked to assume they are wrong and the opposition is correct. Why do I have to start with the idea that whatever conservatives or libertarians believe is the fundamental unchanging fabric of America and what it means to be American while liberals are evil agents seeking to destroy those concepts?
You are correct that a frightening number of people agree with the leftist point of view. That does not mean that such a cult mentality is viable, rational, or positive just because there are a lot of people in it.

Liberalism has undergone a dramatic change since the turn of the century. Instead of wanting openness, equality, and inclusiveness, it now wants conformity, targeted bias, and above all, control. Instead of being based around compassion, positivity, and tolerance, it is now based around anger, jealousy, and hatred. Instead of aiming to lift up those who are down, it has become a cult of misery that aims to tear down anyone who is not also miserable, so that everyone can be miserable together.

What I am saying is: Take a look around you, here in the year 2020. Does anyone want this shit? Of course not. Now, why did it happen? Few people would say it just happened on its own, just "because." And you would have to be a really hardcore leftist to actually believe that it is the doing of conservatives.

What is really going on is that 2020 would have probably been a completely normal year if not for liberal tantrum-throwing. I think a lot of people can see that, and it is eye-opening proof of what a toxic and disgusting ideology is at work. So this is almost certain to drive people away from the left in huge numbers, except for hardcore adherents and the very stupid or easily manipulated. If you are not all-in on leftism, and you can also think for yourself, you are done with that shit for life right about now.

So, the poll numbers that show Democrat Placeholder leading. Let's think about that for a second. Which political party actively silences and cancels opposition? What effect is that likely to have on members of the other party openly expressing their support? It is 2016 all over again, only the censorship and cancel culture have been turned up into overdrive. That is all right out in the open too, sowing even more resentment. All those people not talking about it? Yeah, it's not because they agree with it, it's because you have made the political climate so toxic that a lot of people are not even going to answer anonymous questions over the phone, in case, say, their kids overhear it, and it gets repeated at school, and next thing you know, your car is vandalized.

The poll numbers are good cover in the event that the inevitable attempt at major election fraud is successful, but that is about it.