Page 40 of 73 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 2167

Thread: Will the Coming Season be Different Because of COVID-19?

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Will the Coming Season be Different Because of COVID-19?

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    I hope you hold TDS444's hand at night. Do you two spoon as well? Is it tight under his bed? There is no irony. You called people stupid while spelling the capital of Florida incorrectly. There's some saying about a glass house and all ...
    Thanks for the view from flyover country:

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Wrong, live in NY state (not under my bed).

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Even MSLGBTV gets caught being hypocrites.

https://twitter.com/Deana921/status/1265324662369718272

(not under my bed).
    Homeless?

Calling Dr. Trump

Calling Dr. Trump

France Bans Hydroxychloroquine To Treat Covid-19

Senior Contributor

I write about travel, culture, food & drink across Europe.

A pharmacy tech holds a pill of Hydroxychloroquine
    AFP VIA GETTY IMAGES

The French government has banned the prescription of hydroxychloroquine to treat symptoms of Covid-19 due to serious concerns over health risks. Many wonder if it’s the end of the road for the wonder drug, initially championed by France in March.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/alexled.../#1d459b1c21ab

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

I hope you hold TDS444's hand at night. Do you two spoon as well? Is it tight under his bed? There is no irony. You called people stupid while spelling the capital of Florida incorrectly. There's some saying about a glass house and all ...

Senior Member Array title="JnK has much to be proud of">

You're right, because people that spell Tallahassee incorrectly are usually so much more intelligence.

Let me guess, your auto-correct did it?
    I think what he meant is the irony in you correcting his spelling while misspelling yours.

Quote Originally Posted by JnK View Post
    I think what he meant is the irony in you correcting his spelling while misspelling yours.
    Please point out the misspelling?

Intelligence or intelligent?

Please point out the misspelling?
    Let me help.

You're right, because people that spell Tallahassee incorrectly are usually so much more intelligence.

Let me guess, your auto-correct did it?

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by JnK View Post
    Hoisted by his own petard.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FrancoLambert View Post
    Hoisted by his own petard.
    Great quote.

As well, with some recent posts...."The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

Yes but nothing is spelled wrong.

It was my auto-correct.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Well so much for this being a place for open debate and discussion based on facts and honest airing of different opinions. Now it is a slap fight on which of us shortsighted, fat fingered, middle aged dudes can type the most words without a spelling error, typo, or auto-correct revealing errors.

FWIW, misspelling a city in the anus of America doesn't change how science works. If I had to move to Tallawhateverthehella, I think I might just walk off into the night and never come back.

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tom444 View Post
    Thanks for the view from flyover country:

That's beautiful. Thanks for posting it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Well so much for this being a place for open debate and discussion based on facts and honest airing of different opinions. Now it is a slap fight on which of us shortsighted, fat fingered, middle aged dudes can type the most words without a spelling error, typo, or auto-correct revealing errors.

FWIW, misspelling a city in the anus of America doesn't change how science works. If I had to move to Tallawhateverthehella, I think I might just walk off into the night and never come back.
    Naw.... it still is. You just gotta look past the troll and the responses to the troll.

Senior Member Array title="T&B fan has much to be proud of"> T&B fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post

we must never forget tell everyone you know New England cheated and might be back at it Edit 1-21-15 there back Edit #2__12-8-19 here we go again Edit #3__ 5-25-23 it never ends

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

INTELLIGENT

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

You might be right on both counts.................. but you are really hoping to be right on the second, seeing as you play the Raiders... without Brady, week 3...lol.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar..._inflated.html

The latest Centers for Disease Control data show that the COVID-19 fatality rate is 0.26% -- four times higher than the worst rate for the seasonal flu over the past decade. That is dramatically lower than the World Health Organization’s estimate of 3.4% and Dr. Anthony Fauci’s initial guess of about 2%.

When the CDC projected 1.7 million deaths back in March, it used an estimated death rate of 0.8%. Imperial College’s estimate of 2.2 million deaths assumed a rate of 0.9%. The fear generated by the projections drives the public policy debate. The Washington Post headline, “As deaths mount, Trump tries to convince Americans it’s safe to inch back to normal,” were part of a steady diet of such fare. When Georgia opened up over a month ago, the Post warned: “Georgia leads the race to become America’s No. 1 Death Destination.”

The CDC currently puts the number of confirmed deaths at about 100,000. But even the “best estimate” 0.26% fatality rate is a significant overestimate because of how the CDC is counting deaths. The actual rate is fairly close to a recent bad year for the seasonal flu. And though public health officials have been transparent about how they are counting coronavirus deaths, the implications for calculating the infection fatality rate are not appreciated.

“The case definition is very simplistic,” Dr. Ngozi Ezike, director of Illinois Department of Public Health, explains. “It means, at the time of death, it was a COVID positive diagnosis. That means, that if you were in hospice and had already been given a few weeks to live, and then you also were found to have COVID, that would be counted as a COVID death. It means, technically even if you died of [a] clear alternative cause, but you had COVID at the same time, it’s still listed as a COVID death.”

Medical examiners from Colorado to Michigan use the same definition. In Macomb and Oakland counties in Michigan, where most of the deaths in that state occurred, medical examiners classify any death as a coronavirus death when the postmortem test is positive. Even people who died in suicides and automobile accidents meet that definition.

Beyond including people with the virus who clearly didn’t die from it, the numbers are inflated by counting people who don’t even have the virus. New York has classified many cases as coronavirus deaths even when postmortem tests have been negative. The diagnosis can be based on symptoms, even though the symptoms are often similar to those of the seasonal flu.

Read the rest in the link above ...
    I think it's safe to come out from under our beds (for most of us).

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Tom............ are you here just to start trouble? I don't know your age, but I'm guessing you are older than 65. Are you retired and doing okay? I'm guessing you are. If you were, say... 50 and still working toward retirement, how would you look at this CV19 thing through those eyes? See.... it's very easy to judge and throw stones when you are safe and secure. I'm just trying to understand where you are coming from. Feel free to discredit me in any way you feel you need.... I don't really care...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    Tom............ are you here just to start trouble? I don't know your age, but I'm guessing you are older than 65. Are you retired and doing okay? I'm guessing you are. If you were, say... 50 and still working toward retirement, how would you look at this CV19 thing through those eyes? See.... it's very easy to judge and throw stones when you are safe and secure. I'm just trying to understand where you are coming from. Feel free to discredit me in any way you feel you need.... I don't really care...lol.

You don't like Doonesbury?

You don't like Doonesbury?
    I do like Doonesbury. Can't answer the question/s???

I do like Doonesbury. Can't answer the question/s???
    I just did.

Tell us.

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I don't remember the thread (this one I believe) or the post # but at one point I do remember you saying you were going to ignore this guy from this point forward. Take some good advice from yourself and do it. He's not only here to stir up trouble but to try to get under your skin.... and you're allowing him. C'mon man, you seem like too good of a guy to let that happen. Put him on ignore and move on.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Interesting story from a few days ago ... some researchers finding evidence that this is not primarily a respiratory disease, but a circulatory system disease that happens to take hold by targeting the respiratory system:

https://elemental.medium.com/coronav...g-2c4032481ab2

In a nutshell, it attacks the blood vessel walls, which can lead to blood clots, which are especially destructive to the tiny blood vessels in the lungs; they find networks of new blood vessels growing alongside the old destroyed ones. If correct, that would explain why:

- Ventilators don't do much good (the problem is not that you can't breathe in enough air, it's that the lungs have no way to absorb what you are breathing because the blood vessels in their oxygen exchange system have been destroyed)

- Hydroxychloroquine may randomly happen to have some medical benefit even though it makes no sense on the surface (it does not do anything to kill the virus itself, but can act as a form of anticoagulant, and protects the blood vessel walls)

- Severe cases and deaths are almost exclusively the elderly (people in their 70s and 80s almost universally have some amount of arteriosclerosis; are more susceptible to blood clots; and heal more slowly, therefore can't regrow blood vessels in the lungs faster than they die off)

If true, then it would seem you give people statins and ACE inhibitors and do a much better job than anything being done today. And explains confidently why this disease is of almost no danger to anyone other than a very narrow and specific target group.
    See you Space Cowboy ...