Thread: This deserves it's own thread........

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

This deserves it's own thread........

What a great story! Read the whole story here...
    Hurricanes’ emergency goalie David Ayres beats Maple Leafs

The Carolina Hurricanes had to turn to 42-year-old emergency backup goalie Dave Ayres on Saturday against the Toronto Maple Leafs.

He not only held his own against one of the NHL’s most powerful offensive teams, he beat them.

Ayres, a Zamboni driver for the AHL’s Toronto Marlies and the emergency backup for both teams on Saturday night, was forced into action midway through the second period after Hurricanes goalies Petr Mrazek and James Reimer had to exit the game due to injury. He ended up stopping eight out of the 10 shots he faced — while also recording a shot on goal of his own — in a 6-3 Hurricanes win...........

https://nhl.nbcsports.com/2020/02/22...s-maple-leafs/

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Re: This deserves it's own thread........

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

It’s an awesome story.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Funny how this happened so close to the anniversary of the Miracle on Ice. Great story thanks for sharing.