Thread: Bengals and Browns

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Bengals and Browns

Is it me or does it seems that the rivalry between the Steelers and both of these teams only seems to make headlines when players from one of these two franchises make off-the-field headlines (trash-talk, slander) or by engaging in post-whistle cheap shots/intentionally try to injure players. The Myles Garrett-Mason Rudolph feud is probably the most heated this one-sided "rivalry" has been since the Browns returned in 1999 and it is based entirely on what Cleveland did after the whistle and later off-the-field. As for Cincinnati, the most-heated moments of this one-sided "rivalry" in the 21st century is probably TJ Houshbadillia wiping the terrible towel and the mid 00s Bengals talking a bunch of smack and Vontaze Burfict intentionally injuring steeler players and Pacman Jones strutting around as faux tough guy. I got on this train of thought after thinking about how Myles Garrett has become the new Vontaze Burfict of the AFC North. I hate the Ratbirds, I think John Harbaugh is a jackass, and I think the Ratbirds do have a checkered history character-wise themselves but at least the Steelers and Ratbirds are a rivalry based upon what happens on the field. At least they have a history of close entertaining games often with big stakes as well and numerous great moments. Also no surprise that while the Ravens have successfully built a culture of winning in a short amount of time the Bungals are a loser franchise with no Super Bowl and barely any franchise success while the vast majority of the Browns winning history/tradition predates the Super Bowl era over 50 years ago

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Re: Bengals and Browns

That is true considering that both teams haven't achieved anything noteworthy on the field in decades. Probably zero playoff wins between the two teams in the last 20 years. Cleveland seems to make headlines in the offseason since they're trying hard to pick up money free agents, and it seemed to just make them go backwards for all that money lol. They haven't figured out yet that diva superstars don't win championships.

Cincy IMO under Marvin Lewis had heaps of talent. That team had no business not making the playoffs / winning in the postseason with the amount of talent they had. Problem is all that talent folded under pressure, that's what happens when the team lacks discipline. I mean hell, they literally handed us a win in the wildcard round one year because their players couldn't avoid being jagoffs (30 penalty yards resulting in a game winning FG, on a drive where Ben was injured and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn)

The Ravens on the other hand are a different story, they have been a very good team for a while now.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Just remember the real Browns are in Baltimore not in Leaveland.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Is it me or does it seems that the rivalry between the Steelers and both of these teams only seems to make headlines when players from one of these two franchises make off-the-field headlines (trash-talk, slander) or by engaging in post-whistle cheap shots/intentionally try to injure players. The Myles Garrett-Mason Rudolph feud is probably the most heated this one-sided "rivalry" has been since the Browns returned in 1999 and it is based entirely on what Cleveland did after the whistle and later off-the-field. As for Cincinnati, the most-heated moments of this one-sided "rivalry" in the 21st century is probably TJ Houshbadillia wiping the terrible towel and the mid 00s Bengals talking a bunch of smack and Vontaze Burfict intentionally injuring steeler players and Pacman Jones strutting around as faux tough guy. I got on this train of thought after thinking about how Myles Garrett has become the new Vontaze Burfict of the AFC North. I hate the Ratbirds, I think John Harbaugh is a jackass, and I think the Ratbirds do have a checkered history character-wise themselves but at least the Steelers and Ratbirds are a rivalry based upon what happens on the field. At least they have a history of close entertaining games often with big stakes as well and numerous great moments. Also no surprise that while the Ravens have successfully built a culture of winning in a short amount of time the Bungals are a loser franchise with no Super Bowl and barely any franchise success while the vast majority of the Browns winning history/tradition predates the Super Bowl era over 50 years ago
    Very true!

The Bengals have not won a playoffs games since 1990 and the Browns have not finish with a better record that the steelers since the years that I am born(1989).With the time,I have a lot of respect of our true rival,the Ravens.So many great games in so many years between the steelers and the ravens.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

If you had to root for the Browns or the Bengals...who would you chose? All things are equal...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    If you had to root for the Browns or the Bengals...who would you chose? All things are equal...
    Good god!

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

I would never root for either but in this case scenario I would simply hope they split the season.

Problems with Bengals and Browns is that when their teams have high expectations, their fans are too arrogant and cannot stay humble to save their lives

I was happy to see the Browns having another disappointing season in 2019 and it was not surprising, since they were way too much overhyped in the offseason with their one read QB and a WR in OBJ who is the most overrated player in the NFL .

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Since I live 45 miles south of Cleveland........................

I have no dog in this fight, but I'll go with the Browns... just because it's good for the area if they do good.

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

The Browns. Their fans are loyal to the core. Bengals' fans are just stupid.