Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 121

Thread: Garrett Renews Claim Rudolph Called Him N***er

  1. #31
    Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Gender
    Posts
    10,426

    Re: Garrett Renews Claim Rudolph Called Him N***er

    Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    Unfortunately, a defamation suit is nearly impossible to win. Rudolph would have to conclusively prove that 1) He did not utter a racial slur and 2) the accusation was made with the intent of causing him harm.
    So even if Rudolph could somehow prove a negative, he'd have to prove that Garrett said this to harm him rather than to justify his own behavior.
    Jimmy McGill would figure out a way to make it stick...

  2. #32
    The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Iowegia
    Posts
    6,033

    Re: Garrett Renews Claim Rudolph Called Him N***er

    Reminds me of a situation I was once in myself...
    Back in 2008 I was volunteering for the Ron Paul campaign. We had set up banners, were handing out flyers, etc. Needless to say, not everyone was on board with us and politics tends to make some people behave rudely...
    A guy drives by, flips us off, and yells "fuck you" (it happens) and we just smile politely and wave, because we know how much that irritates them. But then a minute later...

    This lady walks up to me and is very angry. Says she can't believe we would behave that way in public. At first I wasn't following, but I soon realized that she thought *we* were insulting random passing motorists rather than the other way around. And no matter how hard I tried to explain that not only was it not us, it would literally make no sense for us to do such a thing... she was having none of it. "I know what I heard".

    Sometimes people "know what they heard", and it's just plain wrong. That happens too.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

  3. #33
    Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a spectacular aura about"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Gender
    Posts
    382

    Re: Garrett Renews Claim Rudolph Called Him N***er

    Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    Unfortunately, a defamation suit is nearly impossible to win. Rudolph would have to conclusively prove that 1) He did not utter a racial slur and 2) the accusation was made with the intent of causing him harm.
    So even if Rudolph could somehow prove a negative, he'd have to prove that Garrett said this to harm him rather than to justify his own behavior.

    His best bet (IMO) is to simply say something along the lines of "people around me know my character and people around him know his" and just let it go at that.
    pretty sure, that Garrett can’t go around publicly through media outlets saying Rudolph called him that word without proof - that’s slander. Pretty sure it works both ways.

  4. #34
    Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Gender
    Posts
    5,233

    Re: Garrett Renews Claim Rudolph Called Him N***er

    Article by SI.com legal analyst concludes it is more likely no defamation lawsuit will be brought

    Although it isn’t their call, neither the NFL nor the NFLPA want Rudolph to sue....

    As to the NFLPA, it doesn’t want to see two members of its bargaining unit become the plaintiff and defendant in a lawsuit. Likewise, the NFLPA knows that teammates of Rudolph and Garrett would rather not have to testify, especially if what they say under oath undermines their teammate.

    Chances are we won’t see a lawsuit. The dispute will probably end with both men publicly contradicting each other. Rudolph can try to restore his reputation by hinting at a lawsuit but not actually going forward with it. Rudolph wants to signal to the football community—and the companies that might one day want to sign him to endorsement deals—that he is a good person. Garrett, meanwhile, wants to signal that he is telling the truth. Both can accomplish their goals without facing off in court.

    https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/02/15/mason-rudolph-myles-garrett-possible-lawsuit-steelers-browns



  5. #35
    Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Gender
    Posts
    3,888

    Re: Garrett Renews Claim Rudolph Called Him N***er

    Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    Reminds me of a situation I was once in myself...
    Back in 2008 I was volunteering for the Ron Paul campaign. We had set up banners, were handing out flyers, etc. Needless to say, not everyone was on board with us and politics tends to make some people behave rudely...
    A guy drives by, flips us off, and yells "fuck you" (it happens) and we just smile politely and wave, because we know how much that irritates them. But then a minute later...

    This lady walks up to me and is very angry. Says she can't believe we would behave that way in public. At first I wasn't following, but I soon realized that she thought *we* were insulting random passing motorists rather than the other way around. And no matter how hard I tried to explain that not only was it not us, it would literally make no sense for us to do such a thing... she was having none of it. "I know what I heard".

    Sometimes people "know what they heard", and it's just plain wrong. That happens too.
    yep but she was very adamant from the very beginning not changing her statement a week later. This is a natural way of reacting to someone who thinks they were called something derogatory. Not issuing an apology then changing your tune after you had time to think it over.

  6. #36
    The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Iowegia
    Posts
    6,033

    Re: Garrett Renews Claim Rudolph Called Him N***er

    Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-in-west View Post
    pretty sure, that Garrett can’t go around publicly through media outlets saying Rudolph called him that word without proof - that’s slander. Pretty sure it works both ways.
    It *is* slander... but not a legal battle Rudolph can win.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    yep but she was very adamant from the very beginning not changing her statement a week later. This is a natural way of reacting to someone who thinks they were called something derogatory. Not issuing an apology then changing your tune after you had time to think it over.
    Yeah, not defending Garrett or claiming that this is what did happen, just saying that this does happen. I personally lean towards your interpretation; Garrett is a lying, cowardly piece of shit.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

  7. #37
    The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Iowegia
    Posts
    6,033

    Re: Garrett Renews Claim Rudolph Called Him N***er

    FWIW, I think this attempt to absolve himself of blame by lying about someone else will blow up in his face. I think his intention was to get leniency for his next infraction by convincing people to not hold this one against him. Unfortunately for him, he attempted to throw the NFL under the bus too. I think they'll throw the book at him next time he steps out of line just because of that.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

  8. #38
    Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Massillon, Ohio
    Posts
    2,190

    Re: Garrett Renews Claim Rudolph Called Him N***er

    Maybe he said it, maybe he didn't Maybe Garret heard what he thought he heard, mabe he didn't. It's time to drop it and get on with football. One is a great player, one might become one.

    This back and forth does neither player any good at this point. I know Garrett started it up again. Dumb move on his part. I'm just saying.

  9. #39
    Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    13,289

    Re: Garrett Renews Claim Rudolph Called Him N***er

    I would like to see a lawsuit to send a message that this kind of stuff will not be tolerated. Right now we got a whole class of people who pull the racecard to get attention, get sympathy, and deflect blame for their own actions and sometimes it crosses the line of slandering others, destroying people's reputations, and sometimes even breaking the law. They do this and can get away with it scot free if it didn't happen. Hell Jussie Smollets fabricates a hate crime and the DA let of Cook County let him get away with it. I think a message needs to be sent that using the race card for the purposes of slander and destroying reputations will not be tolerated

  10. #40
    Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Gender
    Posts
    5,233

    Re: Garrett Renews Claim Rudolph Called Him N***er

    Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    Maybe he said it, maybe he didn't Maybe Garret heard what he thought he heard, mabe he didn't. It's time to drop it and get on with football. One is a great player, one might become one.

    This back and forth does neither player any good at this point. I know Garrett started it up again. Dumb move on his part. I'm just saying.
    Well if I accuse you of sodomizing barnyard animals with zero corroborating evidence and you deny it, then I give an interview on national television in which I reiterate that you sodomize barnyard animals and for good measure say the farmer is holding back evidence to support my claim, what would you do? Would you go with maybe I did f**k the goat, maybe I didn’t?

    Rudolph was assaulted then accused of being a racist but when he does not remain silent it is “back and forth” that does not do him any good?

    If he did not respond you can bet Team Garrett and Garrett’s amen corner on ESPN would portray Rudolph’s silence as an admission he did say it.

  11. #41
    Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Massillon, Ohio
    Posts
    2,190

    Re: Garrett Renews Claim Rudolph Called Him N***er

    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Well if I accuse you of sodomizing barnyard animals with zero corroborating evidence and you deny it, then I give an interview on national television in which I reiterate that you sodomize barnyard animals and for good measure say the farmer is holding back evidence to support my claim, what would you do? Would you go with maybe I did f**k the goat, maybe I didn’t?

    Rudolph was assaulted then accused of being a racist but when he does not remain silent it is “back and forth” that does not do him any good?

    If he did not respond you can bet Team Garrett and Garrett’s amen corner on ESPN would portray Rudolph’s silence as an admission he did say it.
    Yea.... I guess I see your point.

  12. #42
    The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Iowegia
    Posts
    6,033

    Re: Garrett Renews Claim Rudolph Called Him N***er

    Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    I would like to see a lawsuit to send a message that this kind of stuff will not be tolerated. Right now we got a whole class of people who pull the racecard to get attention, get sympathy, and deflect blame for their own actions and sometimes it crosses the line of slandering others, destroying people's reputations, and sometimes even breaking the law. They do this and can get away with it scot free if it didn't happen. Hell Jussie Smollets fabricates a hate crime and the DA let of Cook County let him get away with it. I think a message needs to be sent that using the race card for the purposes of slander and destroying reputations will not be tolerated
    Right... but what happens when you lose the lawsuit, which you surely would? The other side would just use your failure as justification for more of the same.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

  13. #43
    The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Iowegia
    Posts
    6,033

    Re: Garrett Renews Claim Rudolph Called Him N***er

    Losing also encourages more of the same. Why not take a stand that you can actually win?
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

  14. #44
    Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a name known to all">

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Posts
    682

    Re: Garrett Renews Claim Rudolph Called Him N***er

    Not one player heard it, nor did NFL audio. Also if Rudolph did say it, Garrett would have reacted much sooner. He's a liar.

    Garret should be slapped with a defamation suit, as this just isn't something anyone should lie about.


  15. #45
    Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Gender
    Posts
    5,233

    Re: Garrett Renews Claim Rudolph Called Him N***er

    Quote Originally Posted by Six Rings View Post
    Not one player heard it, nor did NFL audio. Also if Rudolph did say it, Garrett would have reacted much sooner. He's a liar.

    Garret should be slapped with a defamation suit, as this just isn't something anyone should lie about.

    It's a PR battle and at least one juror probably will figure Rudolph did not carry his burden of proof if Garrett says it happened - Rudolph's attorney made a point of saying the latest defamatory statement was made in California as a shot that he can avoid bringing the case in Cleveland, but filing in California is no sure thing either.

    Plus Rudolph gets deposed pretrial and is asked under oath if he has ever used that word or any other sexist, racist or homophobic terms

    I still say if Rudolph does not want to stand down he takes a polygraph exam (even though "lie detector" tests have their own reliability issues) and, assuming he passes it, challenges Garrett to do the same

    But as far as what is new on the PR front, Tomlin is hacked off about this enough to go on First Take to chat with Stephen A. this morning, where he tore into both Garrett and ESPN.

    “I took offense to it to be quite honest with you,” Tomlin said. ” When it first transpired during the season, we don’t have a lot of time to pause and fight battles of that nature. We said our piece, we were completely cooperative with all parties involved, the Cleveland Browns and the National Football League office. Then, we had to move on, we had another game awaiting us. But when these allegations returned this past weekend, I thought it was appropriate that Mason is properly defended.” ...

    “To be quite honest with you, we were hacked off at what we saw this weekend. Not specifically for Myles Garrett, he’s been in the lane that he is in, but what was displayed by ESPN in that panel, the way that the situation was presented, I don’t think was fair to Mason Rudolph, and that is why I am here today.”


    https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2020...on-first-take/

  16. #46
    Junior Member Array title="Blue Marvel is an unknown quantity at this point">

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Gender
    Posts
    27

    Re: Garrett Renews Claim Rudolph Called Him N***er

    As a Black Man if i was called that, everyone would know in the moment, not days later. Garrett can 't do this BS...it takes away from actual victims of the word when someone cries wolf like this to justify bad behavior.

  17. #47
    Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Posts
    16,991

    Re: Garrett Renews Claim Rudolph Called Him N***er

    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...yQIpThD3kq2_x0

    Mike Tomlin “hacked off” by ESPN’s handling of Myles Garrett interview

    In that statement, Tomlin said he had “received no indication of anything racial or anything of that nature in those interactions” and he repeated that during an appearance on ESPN Monday. Tomlin told Stephen A. Smith that he thought that it was best for everyone to “shut up and move on,” but he chose to take a different path because he was “hacked off” about the way ESPN handled the Garrett interview.

    Tomlin said he thought a panel discussion following the interview presented it as a “he-said, he-said” situation without referencing the NFL’s investigation into Garrett’s allegation coming back with no evidence supporting the claim. Tomlin felt that the “way it was presented wasn’t fair to Mason Rudolph.”



  18. #48
    Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Gender
    Posts
    4,744

    Re: Garrett Renews Claim Rudolph Called Him N***er

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Marvel View Post
    As a Black Man if i was called that, everyone would know in the moment, not days later. Garrett can 't do this BS...it takes away from actual victims of the word when someone cries wolf like this to justify bad behavior.

    Truth. Well said.

    Nobody should ever be called that word by anyone. Any black man would and should immediately go off on any person belittling them that way. Garrett only bringing it up well after the fact to try to cover his ass for his own despicable actions is an act of cowardice. Any occurrence of racism should be treated extremely seriously, and these instances where people lie about it hurts the efforts to bring us all together.

  19. #49
    Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Connellsville, PA
    Gender
    Posts
    3,566

    Re: Garrett Renews Claim Rudolph Called Him N***er


  20. #50
    Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Gender
    Posts
    5,233

    Re: Garrett Renews Claim Rudolph Called Him N***er


  21. #51
    Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    13,289

    Re: Garrett Renews Claim Rudolph Called Him N***er

    Glad Coach T is stepping up to defend Rudolph. Rudolph got far too much flak and hate for what Garrett started, escalated, and continued to escalate. I bet that if the exact same situation played out between Garrett and the media's new golden boy Lamar Jackson (the fight, not the ensuing race controversy) NO ONE would have defended Garrett or said it was Jackson's fault and he wouldn't have been fined at all.

  22. #52
    Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Gender
    Posts
    5,233

    Re: Garrett Renews Claim Rudolph Called Him N***er

    Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    I bet that if the exact same situation played out between Garrett and the media's new golden boy Lamar Jackson NO ONE would have defended Garrett or said it was Jackson's fault and he wouldn't have been fined at all.
    Roger would have given Garrett the electric chair if he had clubbed Brady, Brees, Jackson or Mahomes - Garrett figured he could get away with his slander because Rudolph is not a star

  23. #53
    Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Gender
    Posts
    4,744

    Re: Garrett Renews Claim Rudolph Called Him N***er

    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Roger would have given Garrett the electric chair if he had clubbed Brady, Brees, Jackson or Mahomes - Garrett figured he could get away with his slander because Rudolph is not a star

    Garrett will cross the line again. That's what losers do.

  24. #54
    Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Gender
    Posts
    3,888

    Re: Garrett Renews Claim Rudolph Called Him N***er

    Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Garrett will cross the line again. That's what losers do.
    Domican Suh, Vontez Burfect and now Garrett.

    The Media needs to stop trying to sell us on what a good person Garrett is, he's NOT.

    When I listened to the discussion with Chris Simms he says it. He also says "If Mason said it screw him" at least 2ce during the discussion, but he never says that about Garrett. Don't get me wrong he says he doesn't believe Garrett, but why is it so easy to say screw him when talking about Rudolph, but not Garrett.

    Yes it will happen again because of the way the Media and the NFL handle it.

    Hell even Silver and Black made it seem like it was no big deal. Is this how the rest of the NFL fans feel about dirt bags like these. As long as they are great players let's not rock the boat.

    I am not unforgiving but the person needs to show some remorse and none of those mentioned have ever had an ounce of it.

    The fact that Garrett doubled down so quickly after he was re-instated shows me he will do it again. He doesn't give a rats ass what the NFL says.

  25. #55
    Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    13,289

    Re: Garrett Renews Claim Rudolph Called Him N***er

    Jussie Garrett, the new Vontaze. Also says a lot about what a loser franchise Cleveland is that they stick by him. Also funny how this is the most headlines this "rivalry" has grabbed since Cleveland re-entered the league, and it's grabbing headlines only because of the thuggery followed by slander of one player, not for anything the Browns as a team have done on the field (which would be nothing). Same goes for Cincinnati, it seems the only time the "rivalry" makes headlines is when their players talk trash or intentionally injure steeler players. I hate the Ravens and John Harbaugh but at least they are a worthy rival, at least they are a rival based mainly on on-the-field stuff.

  26. #56
    Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Posts
    9,762

    Re: Garrett Renews Claim Rudolph Called Him N***er

    Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Garrett will cross the line again. That's what losers do.
    yep, you can count on it!
    "The first principle is that you must not fool yourself--and you are
    the easiest person to fool."

    --Richard Feynmann

  27. #57

    Re: Garrett Renews Claim Rudolph Called Him N***er

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Marvel View Post
    As a Black Man if i was called that, everyone would know in the moment, not days later. Garrett can 't do this BS...it takes away from actual victims of the word when someone cries wolf like this to justify bad behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Truth. Well said.

    Nobody should ever be called that word by anyone. Any black man would and should immediately go off on any person belittling them that way. Garrett only bringing it up well after the fact to try to cover his ass for his own despicable actions is an act of cowardice. Any occurrence of racism should be treated extremely seriously, and these instances where people lie about it hurts the efforts to bring us all together.
    This is a fallacy. Just because one person or several people or even most people would do it one way doesn't prove that something did or did not happen. Do I believe it happened? No. I don't believe it because I do not think being a part of the Steelers and "supporting your guy" means more to black men on this football team than the decades and centuries of racism that sit behind the use of that single word. Yet, no one came forward and said a word. I do not believe the NFL and the Steelers, who has a black coach and is the organization and ownership responsible for pushing the hiring of minorities in the NFL, would sweep this under the carpet. Finally, Goodell and the NFL has been on the wrong side of many decisions. However, it would have been a bonanza of bonus points from the BLM movement and company had the NFL identified such use and moved swiftly against it. They did not.

    For all those reasons, I do not think anything was said. But, just because he didn't come forward immediately does not mean it didn't happen, and just because others would have doesn't negate whether it did or did not happen. I simply don't believe it for all the other reasons listed.


  28. #58
    Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Gender
    Posts
    3,888

    Re: Garrett Renews Claim Rudolph Called Him N***er

    Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    This is a fallacy. Just because one person or several people or even most people would do it one way doesn't prove that something did or did not happen. Do I believe it happened? No. I don't believe it because I do not think being a part of the Steelers and "supporting your guy" means more to black men on this football team than the decades and centuries of racism that sit behind the use of that single word. Yet, no one came forward and said a word. I do not believe the NFL and the Steelers, who has a black coach and is the organization and ownership responsible for pushing the hiring of minorities in the NFL, would sweep this under the carpet. Finally, Goodell and the NFL has been on the wrong side of many decisions. However, it would have been a bonanza of bonus points from the BLM movement and company had the NFL identified such use and moved swiftly against it. They did not.

    For all those reasons, I do not think anything was said. But, just because he didn't come forward immediately does not mean it didn't happen, and just because others would have doesn't negate whether it did or did not happen. I simply don't believe it for all the other reasons listed.
    Simple common sense tells you all you need to know. Who would apologize to someone immediately following the game if they had slandered you like that and your emotions are still raw? - Nobody ever would do such a thing.This is a guy who immediately after he is re-instated doubles down on that statement and you want me to believe he would hold this in for a week...an entire week? I may agree with you in principle but not with the way the facts of this incident have played out.
    Last edited by Butch; 02-18-2020 at 02:10 PM.

  29. #59
    Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Gender
    Posts
    10,426

    Re: Garrett Renews Claim Rudolph Called Him N***er

    ESPN’s response to Mike Tomlin ripping them... is to try to remove the full video from as many outlets as possible. If you’re wondering why they aired it in the first place, the probably didn’t understand all of the “big words” that Tomlin was using.

    Joe... Joe!!!... what does ‘defamation’ mean???”

  30. #60
    The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Iowegia
    Posts
    6,033

    Re: Garrett Renews Claim Rudolph Called Him N***er

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Marvel View Post
    As a Black Man if i was called that, everyone would know in the moment, not days later. Garrett can 't do this BS...it takes away from actual victims of the word when someone cries wolf like this to justify bad behavior.
    I agree with this *mostly*. My only disagreement being that nobody can be a "victim" of a word.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •