Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Do we want Ben back?

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Re: Do we want Ben back?

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Bell held out on his team for a year before he left. Ask his teammates how they felt about it. Oh wait, no need to because they told us already.

Harrison snored in position meetings and left the stadium during games. I have a problem with that.

He was a great receiver indeed. He ended up being a cancer. There is NOTHING in his departure that is defensible.
    The NFL doesn't have guaranteed contracts like other sports. The NFL is arguably the most physically dangerous of the major sports. Bell played on the tag in 2017 and didn't sign the 2018 tag, which I have zero issue with because one knee injury would jeopardize his ability to earn a deal like he signed with the Jets and could have ended his career like Shazier's career.

If Harrison was told he would be played, but wasn't played as he was told when he was signed....I again have no issue if he snored in meetings or threw tomatoes at the screen in film session to force a way out. Let the man go if you weren't honest with him in the recruiting process.

The circumstances of players leaving is really not a big deal to me. I just find it hilarious how some Steeler fans totally discredit a players ability and performance because "he left us, or he quit on us". Especially when they are just doing what is best for their personal career.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    The NFL doesn't have guaranteed contracts like other sports. The NFL is arguably the most physically dangerous of the major sports. Bell played on the tag in 2017 and didn't sign the 2018 tag, which I have zero issue with because one knee injury would jeopardize his ability to earn a deal like he signed with the Jets and could have ended his career like Shazier's career.

If Harrison was told he would be played, but wasn't played as he was told when he was signed....I again have no issue if he snored in meetings or threw tomatoes at the screen in film session to force a way out. Let the man go if you weren't honest with him in the recruiting process.

The circumstances of players leaving is really not a big deal to me. I just find it hilarious how some Steeler fans totally discredit a players ability and performance because "he left us, or he quit on us". Especially when they are just doing what is best for their personal career.
    Bell made a financial mistake not playing on the tag. I don't think he was very good his last season for the Steelers so it didn't bother me he left.

Harrison made an ass of himself. But he was a great player and did what he thought he needed to do. In my mind it was wrong, but I recognize him as an all-time Steelers great.

AB was amazing on the field. He literally went crazy. I hope he gets help. I'm a forgiving person, so if he got help I'd welcome him back on the Steelers.

None of that changes my mind that they each left poorly and unprofessionally.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Steelers GM: We don't think Big Ben is at end of road

By Kevin Patra
    Around the NFL Writer
    Feb. 14, 2020

Ben Roethlisberger missed all but two games of the 2019 campaign before ending his season on injured reserve due to an elbow injury.

The Steelers expect Big Ben to come out completely healthy on the other side. GM Kevin Colbert told reporters Thursday the quarterback is on track in his rehab.

"We're hopeful he can make a complete recovery (from surgery on his right elbow). So far, he's on course for that," Colbert said, via Bob Labriola of the team's official website.

to read rest of article:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...n=trendingNews

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Main thing is they are on the hook this season for Ben! We ride or die with him this coming season!