Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Troy Polamalu has been elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Troy Polamalu has been elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame

1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Jeremiah Trotter, ILB, Clemson 6. Khristian Boyd, DT, Northern Iowa 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Re: Troy Polamalu has been elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame

Awesome, congrats to Troy! Hopefully, his boys are better players than he was and become Steelers.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Congrats! A well deserved honor for a truly incredible player. That makes 3 steelers in the HOF 2020 class!

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Very much deserved. Congrats to Polamalu!

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Let me guess "obviously Polamalu is a hall of famer but do we really want to elect 3 steelers to the hall of fame in the same class since there are already so many steelers in the hall of fame?"

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

13 minutes for Peter King to name-drop every contact on his phone.

9 seconds for the rest of the committee to say, “Yes!!!”

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

I don't know but thank gawd Troy had Tom Terrific and Ray Ray in his corner or he NEVER would have made it!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats to Troy a true hero for kids to look up to. Genuinely humble over the publicity and giving credit to his teammates for him being there. He is not only a Great player he is a Great human being.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Congratulations Troy!

It is time for Troy to take his rightful place amongst the greatest players of all time.

He was born with a unique set of skills that enabled him to be an elite football player.

He embodies everything that the Hall of Fame looks for to identify who belongs.

I've never seen anybody play the game with the humility, the ferocity, and the creativity that Troy did on the defensive side of the ball. It was an honor to watch him play football and to bring a rare level of class and dignity to the sport. He is a great man and is a shining example of what we want our football players to aspire to be on and off the field.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Congratulations Troy!

It is time for Troy to take his rightful place amongst the greatest players of all time.

He was born with a unique set of skills that enabled him to be an elite football player.

He embodies everything that the Hall of Fame looks for to identify who belongs.

I've never seen anybody play the game with the humility, the ferocity, and the creativity that Troy did on the defensive side of the ball. It was an honor to watch him play football and to bring a rare level of class and dignity to the sport. He is a great man and is a shining example of what we want our football players to aspire to be on and off the field.
    I couldn't have said it any better than that.

My three favorite all time Steelers in no particular order:
    Mel Blount
    Rod Woodson
    Troy Polamalu

All three of those guys embody what it is to be a Steeler on and off the field.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

I really hope they do a great job with Troy's 'Bust'. Could be one of the best ever with his hair.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Jeremiah Trotter, ILB, Clemson 6. Khristian Boyd, DT, Northern Iowa 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

No one should disagree here. Congrats Troy. To Alan, your day will come.

Senior Member Array title="steelcityboyz has a brilliant future"> steelcityboyz's Avatar

Congrats to Troy well deserved!

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

I bet he asks Coach Dad (Dick Lebeau) to introduce him. I t will be the shortest speech ever in the history of the HoF.
    "I'm not worthy. It was all because of my teammates. Thank you."

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

There was never a doubt he would get in first ballot. Very deserving of the honor. I doubt we will ever see another player quite like him.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    Use this commercial to make his bust. ROFLMAO

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Already have my tickets. Anyone else going to Canton.?

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Why has Gerry Dulac blocked me on Twitter???

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

From Peter King in his column this morning

In the first 54 years of Pro Football Hall of Fame voting, seven pure safeties were enshrined.

In the last 54 weeks of Pro Football Hall of Fame voting, seven pure safeties were enshrined....

Peter King also confirms he is a clown

On the cut to five, I voted for Atwater, Boselli, Hutchinson, James and Lynch....

I think an explanation for the lack of vote for Polamalu on the final five is necessary. I believe he was one of the top five candidates this year, and I believe in voting for the best five candidates. But because I felt certain Polamalu would make it regardless of my vote, I decided to vote for three players I felt were marginal after listening to the deliberations—Atwater, Boselli and Lynch.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ia-peter-king/

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    So I guess that means King also will not be voting for HOF lock Peyton Manning next year in order to vote for a marginal candidate he likes instead?

No chance that happens

King’s voting strategy is an explanation as to how borderline candidates get in

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

So I guess that means King also will not be voting for HOF lock Peyton Manning next year in order to vote for a marginal candidate he likes instead?

No chance that happens

King’s voting strategy is an explanation as to how borderline candidates get in
    What a clown. That explains the hall of very good feel to this.

I personally don't think Atwater or Boselli belong. Faneca was a top 3 Guard for a decade, while Boselli was maybe a top 6 OT for 3 or 4 seasons and injured the rest. What is next, Javon Kearse in the HOF?

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vader29 View Post
    Thank you for posting that - love Cowher holding the microphone with the Steelers logo as the reporter for Steelers.com

Maybe Troy will return to the fold even though he apparently was really pissed he lost the cash for the last year of his contract in 2015

From Peter King in his column this morning

In the first 54 years of Pro Football Hall of Fame voting, seven pure safeties were enshrined.

In the last 54 weeks of Pro Football Hall of Fame voting, seven pure safeties were enshrined....

Peter King also confirms he is a clown

On the cut to five, I voted for Atwater, Boselli, Hutchinson, James and Lynch....

I think an explanation for the lack of vote for Polamalu on the final five is necessary. I believe he was one of the top five candidates this year, and I believe in voting for the best five candidates. But because I felt certain Polamalu would make it regardless of my vote, I decided to vote for three players I felt were marginal after listening to the deliberations—Atwater, Boselli and Lynch.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ia-peter-king/
    Peter King is the most bias'ed voter on the HOF committee. This is the same guy who doesn't want to vote LC Greenwood into the HOF because it would make to many Steelers. I don't care what he says the only reason he didn't vote for Troy is because Troy played for the Steelers, he just can't admit it to the public.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Why has Gerry Dulac blocked me on Twitter???
    Seriously? You just don't strike me as a guy that gets blocked or banned from anything.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    Seriously? You just don't strike me as a guy that gets blocked or banned from anything.
    just like me, teegre has been banned from a message board before.

it's one of the many things I like about him