Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Troy Polamalu has been elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Re: Troy Polamalu has been elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    Seriously? You just don't strike me as a guy that gets blocked or banned from anything.
    Exactly

Maybe he’s a poster on here... a troll that I’ve offended. Maybe he’s actually Crash.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Exactly

Maybe he’s a poster on here... a troll that I’ve offended. Maybe he’s actually Crash.
    Maybe he’s......Six Rings

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry......I just wanted to let that one hang out there a little.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Exactly

who was the dude who banned you for saying something nice about the Steelers?

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

I mentioned before in a previous HOF thread that Troy would, and should be, a first ballot HOF’er. Glad he made it. It’s well deserved.

Polomalu and Merlin Olson were two ballers who were hell on grass in a game yet gentle, caring men off the field. Gotta lot of respect for him.

Even if he’s a Steeler

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crow-Magnon View Post
    I mentioned before in a previous HOF thread that Troy would, and should be, a first ballot HOF’er. Glad he made it. It’s well deserved.

Polomalu and Merlin Olson were two ballers who were hell on grass in a game yet gentle, caring men off the field. Gotta lot of respect for him.

Even if he’s a Steeler

You better rinse your mouth out!

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crow-Magnon View Post

Even if he’s a Steeler
    I would say most Steelers fans feel the same respect for Ed Reed.

even if he's a Ratbird

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Exactly

I'm sure you had it coming...…

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    who was the dude who banned you for saying something nice about the Steelers?
    StillMill

On the night of winning XLIII, I was on his site cheering and such... when he got angry that I was celebrating that “victory”. In his opinion, the game ended after Larry Fitzgerald’s go-ahead touchdown. Anything afterwards was simply being seen through rose-cooored glasses.

He warned me to stop celebrating that sham of a “victory”. I replied that maybe we could have one freakin’ night to be happy about, you know, winning a Lombardi. Aaaand, he banned me.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Pro Football Hall of Fame sets lineup for its two ceremonies

The Hall of Fame will hold its first ceremony on Aug. 8 during the annual Enshrinement Week. That will feature the five modern-era players — Steve Atwater, Isaac Bruce, Steve Hutchinson, Edgerrin James and Troy Polamalu — the two coaches — Bill Cowher and Jimmy Johnson — and the three contributors — Steve Sabol, Paul Tagliabue and George Young.

The 10 seniors — Harold Carmichael, Jimbo Covert, Bobby Dillon, Cliff Harris, Winston Hill, Alex Karras, Donnie Shell, Duke Slater, Mac Speedie and Ed Sprinkle — will have a separate ceremony on Sept. 18 as part of the “once-in-a-lifetime” Centennial Celebration.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...wo-ceremonies/

Going to be a huge Pittsburgh turnout for the August ceremony with Troy and Cowher inducted

Not certain what the logical distinction is for the 10 Centennial class player inductees getting the kids' table ceremony in September while the two coaches and three "contributors" who got in through the Centennial class back door to Canton are inducted in the main August ceremony, other than reinforcing the message to players that management outranks the players in the NFL pecking order.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

2 ceremonies is idiotic, it's as if the seniors are some kind of outcasts. Just have one Huge celebration and be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    2 ceremonies is idiotic, it's as if the seniors are some kind of outcasts. Just have one Huge celebration and be done with it.
    Problem is, even at 20 minutes per person you’re talking 5.5+ hours, that’s presenter and inductee seventeen times. That’s not going to happen. Too many things to get done on that Saturday. I went for the Bus induction. Great time. I think eight guys went in and Bettis was last. I couldn’t have taken any more. With Seventeen Troy would probably be last and 2am. Just reality.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Problem is, even at 20 minutes per person you’re talking 5.5+ hours, that’s presenter and inductee seventeen times. That’s not going to happen. Too many things to get done on that Saturday. I went for the Bus induction. Great time. I think eight guys went in and Bettis was last. I couldn’t have taken any more. With Seventeen Troy would probably be last and 2am. Just reality.
    Good point, didn't think about it like that, but even at that why so long in between the 2 ceremonies?

One ceremony on Saturday. One ceremony on Sunday.

The month in between makes the second ceremony feel like an afterthought.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

One ceremony on Saturday. One ceremony on Sunday.

The month in between makes the second ceremony feel like an afterthought.
    It's Hall of Fame weekend. By September people are ready for football not ceremonies.

Also, DA STEALERZ PAYD DA HALLUVFAAYM

I definitely don’t like it. I just don’t know what they can do. They pack a ton in to that weekend. Concerts, parades, a game. As far as I’m concerned you could punt the game, (see what I did there) and have a second induction, and I’ll bet half of NFL fan world would agree, but that would be the only solution. Everything else is a fund raiser.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    I definitely don’t like it. I just don’t know what they can do. They pack a ton in to that weekend. Concerts, parades, a game. As far as I’m concerned you could punt the game, (see what I did there) and have a second induction, and I’ll bet half of NFL fan world would agree, but that would be the only solution. Everything else is a fund raiser.
    Maybe the NFL knew what it was planning to do all along and decided some time ago splitting up the inductees for 10 in August (traditional 5 inductees + 5 Centennial class non-player inductees) and the 10 Centennial class player inductees was the only way to get it done in two days. The Centennial inductees segment of the August ceremony should go more quickly since two of the inductees (Steve Sabol and George Young) have passed away

But with the kids’ table ceremony for the Centennial class players being scheduled for a Friday in September to get out of the way of college football attendance is likely going to be sparse

If you are going to induct someone just do it the traditional way rather than hijack a process that allegedly was intended to honor those from the early days of the NFL who for the most part would not be around to enjoy the ceremony and turned into inductions for modern players and management who had not made it in through the standard process

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

StillMill

On the night of winning XLIII, I was on his site cheering and such... when he got angry that I was celebrating that “victory”. In his opinion, the game ended after Larry Fitzgerald’s go-ahead touchdown. Anything afterwards was simply being seen through rose-cooored glasses.

He warned me to stop celebrating that sham of a “victory”. I replied that maybe we could have one freakin’ night to be happy about, you know, winning a Lombardi. Aaaand, he banned me.
    That is freakin hilarious!! I never knew that story.

"Some people are only happy when they are unhappy." --Reggie Miller, when speaking about his former coach Larry Brown.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

StillMill

So...dong Lombardi Trophy?

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    So...dong Lombardi Trophy?

Dongbardi

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Lomdong.

The Cardinals got Lomdonged by the Steelers.
    They call that being Clarence Thomas’ed.

WOW! That’s every kind of wrong.