Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Former Steelers Making Debut In XFL

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Re: Former Steelers Making Debut In XFL

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I thought it was a pretty good product. I give it a B+. Will watch again.
    Agreed.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I thought the kickoffs were very interesting and not a terrible idea...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I'll be rooting for the piss yellow and baby poop green of the Pampa Diapers, errr I mean Tampa Vipers. (Bad Dad Jokes)
    Changing to the St.Louis Battlehawks(whatever a Battlehawk is). Did not know they had Jordan Ta'amu the 'Throwin' Samoan' from Ole Miss at QB. Plus the most former Steelers. Always liked Garvin.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    if the product can be as entertaining as yesterdays games the XFL can maybe stick, The AAF had some moments but nothing close to what the two games I watched yesterday.

Two games today, game one starting at 2pm est on FOX with the Vipers vs Guardians, and our old friend Landry Jones for the Dallas Renegades vs the Battlehawks at 5pm on ESPN.
    I like it but they need to keep most of the games on the local channels to build up a fan base. Not everyone has ESPN and people right now won't go out of there way to watch it. Think that is what killed the AFF League. Will also say this is nothing like the crazy original XFL and that is a good thing.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Landry couldn’t even win the starting job in the XFL?

edit - I guess he’s injured

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Landry couldn’t even win the starting job in the XFL?

edit - I guess he’s injured
    Yep, knee injury.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    I like it but they need to keep most of the games on the local channels to build up a fan base. Not everyone has ESPN and people right now won't go out of there way to watch it. Think that is what killed the AFF League. Will also say this is nothing like the crazy original XFL and that is a good thing.
    Agreed.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Ta’amu had some bright spots.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Landry Jones seemed so...whatever, when asked about playing next week. Don't know the exact quote but generally said he will see how he feels during the week, but with zero emotion. I don't think he wants to be the starter. He signed his $2M contract to come back and be Ben's backup without even testing the FA market. I just do not see the want to when he talks about it. Maybe just me but did anyone else catch that interview during this game?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Ta’amu had some bright spots.
    Ta'amu played a pretty good game.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Landry Jones seemed so...whatever, when asked about playing next week. Don't know the exact quote but generally said he will see how he feels during the week, but with zero emotion. I don't think he wants to be the starter. He signed his $2M contract to come back and be Ben's backup without even testing the FA market. I just do not see the want to when he talks about it. Maybe just me but did anyone else catch that interview during this game?

- - - Updated - - -

Ta'amu played a pretty good game.
    He definitely doesn’t have a chip on his shoulder lol.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

He definitely doesn’t have a chip on his shoulder lol.
    Not at all and he has strong faith in God. So humble to drive the dump truck in the article posted. I don't think he cares about the attention. Love him as a human being not so much as a QB!

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

missed the games, are they allowed to have custom names on their jerseys still?

Senior Member Array title="JnK has much to be proud of">

I agree with all of you in saying that I think the XFL may have something here. Definitely not the level of competition as in the NFL but very entertaining and fun to watch. I like the kickoff format and the extra point format as well. It's also cool to hear the refs discussing the plays that are reviewed. I think this is going to be a competitive league (at least both games I watched over the weekend were) and with reps I think the players will get better.

I didn't not see any 'custom' names on jerseys. I think they're trying to market a much better product this time.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

ah bummer, but i can see how they want to have more professionalism to their product this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    Not at all and he has strong faith in God. So humble to drive the dump truck in the article posted. I don't think he cares about the attention. Love him as a human being not so much as a QB!
    I couldn’t have said it better.

Quote Originally Posted by JnK View Post
    I agree with all of you in saying that I think the XFL may have something here. Definitely not the level of competition as in the NFL but very entertaining and fun to watch. I like the kickoff format and the extra point format as well. It's also cool to hear the refs discussing the plays that are reviewed. I think this is going to be a competitive league (at least both games I watched over the weekend were) and with reps I think the players will get better.

I didn't not see any 'custom' names on jerseys. I think they're trying to market a much better product this time.
    Agreed. The KO format is spot on, IMO. Use that and the 4th and 15 for onside kicks is a great move.

I like their kickoff format, it looks like a safer way to do it without taking it out of the game entirely.

Vince McMahon > Roger Goodell!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    I like their kickoff format, it looks like a safer way to do it without taking it out of the game entirely.

Almost Everybody > Roger Goodell!!
    fixed it for ya

Quote Originally Posted by JnK View Post
    I'll give it about 4 weeks. How many times will they try to start up another football league before they realize it's never going to work?
    Living here in the St Louis area I can tell you there's not much interest in the BattleHawks. Hell most people don't even realize there's another football team here. Maybe because everyone is still so jaded from the Rams leaving?? I've only lived here for 2 years now but it's clear that this is a baseball-first town and nobody really cares much about football. There's not even a whole lot of excitement for the Chiefs being in the super bowl, even though they're just 4 hours away on the other side of the state.
    I think I need to retract this earlier post. I know it's only one week in but all of the local radio stations are hyping the Battlehawks and talking about the XFL. Apparently St Louis Battlehawk merchandise is flying off the shelves and they're having a hard time keeping it stocked. (per last night's evening news.) It's too early to tell if the excitement around here will last but I certainly misread the interest in the team.

Cool to see Jerry G coaching again and he is a character, wonder if he left any tickets for Elvis lol? Ps. pretty good game going on.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Turned on the local ABC station to watch something else and caught the interview with Dallas winning QB Landry Jones at the end of the XFL broadcast

Pretty clear a target viewer for this is chronic gamblers since they put the point spread and over/under on the screen below Landry’s interview while the announcer says “Dallas with the win and the cover” If someone is betting XFL games they hopefully have Gamblers Anonymous on speed dial

Add to that there is some sort of sponsor tie in with Bud Light Seltzer since the interviewer asked Landry how many Bud Light Seltzers he would need to drink tonight to recover from the hits he took today followed by video of Dallas players pounding tall boy cans of Bud Light Seltzer in the locker room

Whatever it takes

Senior Member Array title="BnG_Hevn has much to be proud of"> BnG_Hevn's Avatar
    Battleball Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    How long does this league last?

Really thought they had something with the AAF until....they folded.
    The NFL was struggling too at the beginning I'm sure, even with no competition. It'll take a billionaire who doesn't care about money to absorb the cost for a number of years to get a legit league started.
    “They say all marriages are made in heaven, but so are thunder and lightning.”
    ― Clint Eastwood

Really enjoying the Houston/Tampa game. The play is actually nit that bad. Definitely putting a better product on the field than the AAF.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Really enjoying the Houston/Tampa game. The play is actually nit that bad. Definitely putting a better product on the field than the AAF.
    Landry is looking good in the game going on now.

Steelers need to go after Donald Perham and could solve the TE problems! Serious this dude is going to be on a NFL roster and why not Pitt ?

Senior Member Array title="PalmerSteel is on a distinguished road"> PalmerSteel's Avatar

what former steeler is doing the best right now? Whoever it is, I guess that will be the team i will start rooting for lol.
    "I think they can count on me. And I want them to be able to count on me."
    ~ Big Ben Roethlisberger, 2005