Thread: Dante Scarnecchia retiring

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

Dante Scarnecchia retiring

Patriots take another big hit.

If BB and Brady are the reason the Patriots went on a 20 year run Scarnecchia is the other reason.

Dante Scarnecchia retiring as Patriots' offensive line coach

:0

Jan 28, 2020

• Mike ReissESPN Staff Writer

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Longtime Patriots offensive line coach Dante Scarnecchia, who was the NFL's longest-tenured coach with one team, is retiring after 36 seasons, 34 of which came with New England, the team announced on Tuesday.
      Scarnecchia turns 72 in February. He is widely regarded as one of the league's finest assistants and a critical part of the team's Super Bowl success.

"It was a privilege to coach with Dante for so long," Patriots coach Bill Belichick said. "I knew that long before his initial retirement and throughout a second act of continued excellence. Dante is among the very best assistant coaches ever."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ive-line-coach

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Re: Dante Scarnecchia retiring

Quote Originally Posted by tom444 View Post
    Patriots take another big hit.

If BB and Brady are the reason the Patriots went on a 20 year run Scarnecchia is the other reason.
    I agree, I've always respected the incredible job he did with that OL no matter how many players he lost.

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

We of all people know what it's like to lose a great o line coach. The o line went on a considerable decline the minute he left. I hope that happens to the patriots...only worse.

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post
    We of all people know what it's like to lose a great o line coach.
    I've never heard of the The University of Richmond's o line coach but I hope they find a new one some day.

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

I've never heard of the The University of Richmond's o line coach but I hope they find a new one some day.
    Da dum tsss

I knew I should have dumbed it down. I forgot we had a cheats fan here.
    Last edited by vasteeler; 01-31-2020 at 09:28 AM.

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

In terms of other potential upcoming Pats departures, if this happens it will be the perfect match of coach and player for one stop shopping for me to focus negative thoughts

Teams like the Los Angeles Chargers and Las Vegas Raiders are two teams that have been heavily discussed as possible destinations for Brady, but there is another spot that is looked at as a 'sleeping giant' in the eyes of NBC Sports' Peter King, who is one of the more plugged in figures throughout the NFL. That team is the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/t...-agency-looms/

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post
    Da dum tsss

I knew I should have dumbed it down. I forgot we had a cheats fan here.
    Probably soon to be a SF / Jimmy G fan if they win the SB like the Patriots "fans" where I live. Heck some already jumped ship and bought Garrappolo jerseys, I kid you not.

The best HC, the best QB, the best OC, and the best O Line coach. No wonder they went on a 20 year tear.

Current and former Patriots praise Dante Scarnecchia after retirement announcement

Photo by David Silverman

After 34 years with the Patriots, Offensive Line Coach Dante Scarnecchia announced he is retiring, and it didn't take long for well wishes to come pouring in for the legendary coach. Stories about his drive and intensity on the football field (and in the weight room) came from those in his position group and those outside of it.

From coaches to former Patriots players, it's clear just how well-respected Scarnecchia is. Robert Kraft, Bill Belichick and Josh McDaniels shared their thoughts about Scarnecchia in the wake of the news.

ROBERT KRAFT "Dante Scarnecchia has been unbelievable in every way. As a coach, he was extraordinarily talented at teaching his players and bringing the most out of each of them. Dante put everything he had into helping his players achieve their maximum potential -- the mark of a great coach. His contributions to our team and to the game of football are unprecedented over the last four decades. Yet even more remarkable is the impact Dante has had on countless players, coaches and staff members who have walked through our doors. He modeled the principles he believed in through his hard work, diligence and integrity. He held himself accountable. He trained alongside his players. He treated everyone with respect. There truly is no way to sum up the incredible career he's had, the positive impact he's made on our franchise or how much he will be missed. We are forever grateful for Dante and wish him the absolutely best in his next chapter, along with his lovely wife Susan and his family. The New England Patriots are better because of Dante Scarnecchia, and he will always have a home with us."

BILL BELICHICK "It was a privilege to coach with Dante for so long. I knew that long before his initial retirement and throughout a second act of continued excellence. Dante is among the very best assistant coaches ever."

JOSH MCDANIELS "I am so fortunate to have coached with Dante Scarnecchia. He has been a respected mentor, an admired colleague and a trusted friend throughout my career. He loved coaching and excelled at helping his players reach their full potential. He was disciplined and demanding, yet personable. Stern, yet understanding. His work ethic was beyond reproach. He studied every detail, focused on fundamentals and gave each player personal instruction to help them improve every day. I know he made me a better coach and I will always be grateful for his countless contributions to our team's success. He is a great coach and an even better person. His daily presence will be missed, but he won't be forgotten."

Upon hearing the announcement, former Patriot and current NFL Network analyst Willie McGinest shared his thoughts on Scarnecchia.

"You use the word respected. I don't know any coach that's been through that organization that has more respect than Dante. Somebody who's a grinder. He ran the hill with the offensive linemen and the players. He demanded respect in the classroom. He knew his job from A to Z," McGinest said. "He was able to develop so many different players you probably never heard of and have one of the best protections, one of the best offensive lines in the league. A guy that when you try to talk to him and get him on an interview, he wants no part of it. He's so humble, but he meant so much to the organization. I just want to say congratulations. Hope you don't get the itch again because you did it before when you retired for a couple years. He loves football and he loved us and he gave us his all."

https://www.patriots.com/news/curren...ent-announceme

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

The best HC, the best QB, the best OC, and the best O Line coach. No wonder they went on a 20 year tear.

https://www.patriots.com/news/curren...ent-announceme
    And they cheat

Best fans too.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Best fans too.

This guy is bone dumb.

This guy is bone dumb.
    yeah, he really is...