Thread: Kozora: 2020 Steelers’ Mock Draft (Version 1.0)

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Kozora: 2020 Steelers’ Mock Draft (Version 1.0)

It’s finally here. My first Pittsburgh Steelers’ mock draft of 2020. In past years, my first mock strictly used only Senior Bowl players but I’m expanding things to the entire draft class this time around. Still, my focus has been on those in Mobile and I’ll learn more about the underclassmen throughout draft season.

https://steelersdepot.com/2020/01/ko...t-version-1-0/

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Re: Kozora: 2020 Steelers’ Mock Draft (Version 1.0)

That's a fun mock. I'm not sold on drafting a pure non-hybrid slot WR when JuJu still excels there. Adding a premier TE really negates that need, IMO. My thought would be to add a Z like Pittman from USC. Love that kid's tape. Plus I still don't trust Wash.

I like both of the IOL picks. Hard not to like that LSU OL.

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

Not fan of this one. Another short WR without top end speed? Not this early. The TE he likes is a poor blocker.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Good mock.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

How good is that LSU O-line??? Really.

Cushenberry and Lewis are early-round prospects. Charles and McGee appear to be Day 2/ Day 3 prospects that can work their way into a starting position.

Imagine drafting all four... and then letting them develop for another three years together. IMO, a serviceable percentage of an O-line’s effectiveness is communication. After three years at LSU, plus another three years in the NFL, their communication would be like a veteran squad... but, with young legs.