Thread: Deion Sanders: They’re letting too many players into the Hall of Fame

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Deion Sanders: They’re letting too many players into the Hall of Fame

I agree with Sanders on this. It seems to me this is becoming more like a game where we see how many players, coaches and whoever else can drum loud enough for their guy to get in. Like everything else NFL, I'm losing more and more interest with every passing season.

Deion Sanders is in the Pro Football Hall of Fame, but he thinks that
    club is adding too many members.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-hall-of-fame/
    Last edited by Shoes; 01-28-2020 at 09:14 PM.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Re: Deion Sanders: They’re letting too many players into the Hall of Fame

So who are the ones who belong and who are not? How many who should be there are not and since Deion himself is in does that even matter to him? I would like to know who it is that is going in or has been already inducted that he doesn't agree with. I am not saying I agree or disagree, I would just like to know.

The HOF, just like anything, involves a panel of (so called) experts and is based on their collective OPINIONS and BIAS'S. Just like the greatest 100 players of all time It has very little to do with any facts If it were you could tell a player look you do this or that and don't do this or that and you will make it into the HOF. It's really anybody's guess as to who will make it in and who will not.

Has Eli done enough to make it in? What about LC Greenwood? Should Namath be there? Should "Shoeless" Joe Jackson make it into the baseball HOF? If Troy doesn't make it this year is that ok?

Who gets in and who doesn't and if you are a fringe player should you be completely discounted?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Deion Sanders: They’re letting too many players into the Hall of Fame

I agree with Sanders but the gates have been opened and they were opened long ago. You’re going to keep the likes of Joe Namath, Bob Griese, Terrell Davis in there but not let Eli Manning types in? Is it just because the players getting in now, we are most knowledgeable about and realize that maybe these guys don’t deserve to be in, but then maybe it’s been like this the whole time and we just haven’t realized it because these made up “Legends of the Past” players “deserve” to get in when in actuality, they didn’t deserve to get in,just like Eli does t “deserve” to get in or Philip Rivers doesn’t “deserve” to get in?

If Troy doesn’t make it first ballot, then there’s something clearly wrong with the voting process and we all pretty much know what and why it’s “broken”.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Deion may be chapped about the centennial class of 15 bonus inductees this year.

That originally was intended to cover players and coaches from the earlier years of the league. Then it turned into a grab bag of players who did not make the cut through either the original selection process or the fallback veterans' committee picks along with coaches who did not make it in through the front door.

Deion having a hot PR take on what is pretty much a PR operation is fitting.
    Last edited by AtlantaDan; 01-29-2020 at 06:34 AM.

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

The Pro Football Hall of fame picks four eight new members each year ( Omiting this year ). Each candidate must receive at least 80% of the vote. I think the standards are fine and have no problem with adding 8 as long as they rate don't lower the standards of their position. Statistically speaking, the standards are going up.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Blah blah blah, if Deion had his way the hall of fame would be Deion Sanders and nobody else