Thread: Brady On Polamalu: ‘One Of The Most Instinctive And Disruptive Players I Have Ever Played Against’

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Brady On Polamalu: ‘One Of The Most Instinctive And Disruptive Players I Have Ever Played Against’

One week from now, we’ll find out if two former Pittsburgh Steelers, safety Troy Polamalu and guard Alan Faneca, will be members of the 2020 Pro Football Hall of Fame class. With that event close, there will be a strong push this next week to get both Polamalu and Faneca elected and some of that push is likely to come from very esteemed players who played against both players during their long careers.

https://steelersdepot.com/2020/01/br...layed-against/

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Re: Brady On Polamalu: ‘One Of The Most Instinctive And Disruptive Players I Have Ever Played Against’

The GOAT has spoken.

I have no doubt Troy will be a first ballot HOF.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Brady On Polamalu: ‘One Of The Most Instinctive And Disruptive Players I Have Ever Played Against’

High praise.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Ray Lewis also had high praise for Troy and lobbied for his induction.

If the Hall doesn't induct Troy, they will be met with swift scorn

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Good article in the Post-Gazette on what better be Troy's upcoming selection next weekend

Polamalu’s ability to translate theory into action reached the point where his coaches had to be careful about what they said to him in meetings....

Upon hearing that when the Minnesota Vikings put an extra tight end in the formation, that tight end would never go out for a pass, Polamalu blitzed rather than worry about covering him. He came off the field to an angry call from the press box.
    “I go ‘Troy, what are you doing?’” [DBs coach Ray] Horton said. “And he goes, ‘Coach, you say he never goes out for a pass, so I blitzed.’ I just hung up the phone.”

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...s/202001240071

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Good article in the Post-Gazette on what better be Troy's upcoming selection next weekend

Polamalu’s ability to translate theory into action reached the point where his coaches had to be careful about what they said to him in meetings....

Upon hearing that when the Minnesota Vikings put an extra tight end in the formation, that tight end would never go out for a pass, Polamalu blitzed rather than worry about covering him. He came off the field to an angry call from the press box.
    “I go ‘Troy, what are you doing?’” [DBs coach Ray] Horton said. “And he goes, ‘Coach, you say he never goes out for a pass, so I blitzed.’ I just hung up the phone.”

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...s/202001240071
    I literally laughed out loud until I felt tears forming in my eyes.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Thing about Troy is the majority of his interceptions were plays he created and made happen. VERY rarely did a ball just fall in to his lap for an interception. His interceptions were GREAT plays that he made to get the ball.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Thing about Troy is the majority of his interceptions were plays he created and made happen. VERY rarely did a ball just fall in to his lap for an interception. His interceptions were GREAT plays that he made to get the ball.
    He made some amazing diving ints. Love his later years when he would jump the other teams snap count as well.

Senior Member Array title="T&B fan has much to be proud of"> T&B fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    He made some amazing diving ints. Love his later years when he would jump the other teams snap count as well.
    one of the best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zde_U-_BJAk
    we must never forget tell everyone you know New England cheated and might be back at it Edit 1-21-15 there back Edit #2__12-8-19 here we go again Edit #3__ 5-25-23 it never ends

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

man is this an eye test for 20/15 vision or something?

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    The GOAT has spoken.

I have no doubt Troy will be a first ballot HOF.
    Wait, are we now suddenly listening to the opinions of cheaters? I'm confused.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

There's no way Troy doesn't make it. Not just for his stats and unbelievable plays, but also the fact he's pretty much well liked by the NFL fanbase in general, and always has been known to be a class act. There's nobody that would speak against getting Troy in. No one.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Ray Lewis also had high praise for Troy and lobbied for his induction.
    ..and I thought Steeler fans, we didn't care what Ray Ray says because he stabbed a 170lb hair stylist at the Super Bowl? I cant get this straight, are we shunning the opinions of cheaters and stabbers, or giving them credibility?

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    ..and I thought Steeler fans, we didn't care what Ray Ray says because he stabbed a 170lb hair stylist at the Super Bowl? I cant get this straight, are we shunning the opinions of cheaters and stabbers, or giving them credibility?
    I still hate OJ Lewis but as a player, nobody can deny he was great

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    I still hate OJ Lewis but as a player, nobody can deny he was great

Chad Johnson says Amen!

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Well it says a lot when a player for an archrival lobbies for someone to get into the hall. Plus what Tom Brady carries a lot of weight with the voters so Ray Ray and Brady pulling for Troy helps his cause with the voters and it also gives pause to those who don't want to vote for Troy because "DA STEALERS HAV ENUFF HALL OF FAMERS AND WE ALREDDY VOTED IN COWER AND SHELL" (It shouldn't be like this but with the political games of the HOF committee, it is)

Well it says a lot when a player for an archrival lobbies for someone to get into the hall. Plus what Tom Brady carries a lot of weight with the voters so Ray Ray and Brady pulling for Troy helps his cause with the voters and it also gives pause to those who don't want to vote for Troy because "DA STEALERS HAV ENUFF HALL OF FAMERS AND WE ALREDDY VOTED IN COWER AND SHELL" (It shouldn't be like this but with the political games of the HOF committee, it is)
    Meh...Tom is just looking for votes when it’s his turn..,

Meh...Tom is just looking for votes when it’s his turn..,
    lol I know you're being sarcastic but they should already put Tom in the HOF, it's as automatic as it gets as soon as he's eligible

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    lol I know you're being sarcastic but they should already put Tom in the HOF, it's as automatic as it gets as soon as he's eligible
    Lol. Of course. But maybe not...

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Yes thank goodness Troy had Tom Terrific and Ray Ray in his corner. I am sure he is riding all the way to the HOF on the magic carpet they have laid down for him. I doubt he could simply make it in on his own merits.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Troy doesn't need either of these two to say a word. His play is what is getting him in.

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

Players like Troy only come around every 30 years or almost once a lifetime! If Troy does not make the HOF it's time to stop watching NFL games!