Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2020 B&G Mock

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: 2020 B&G Mock

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    2. Antoine Winfield Jr, S/SCB, Minnesota
    3. Isaiah Coulter, WR, Rhode Island
    4. Brycen Hopkins, TE, Purdue
    4. Kevin Dotson, OG, Louisiana
    6. Sewo Olonilua, RB, TCU
    7. Bravvion Roy, NT, Baylor
    I love Antoine Winfield.

Give me him, Alex Highsmith, and a couple of O-linemen... and I’m a happy camper.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

3. Isaiah Coulter, WR, Rhode Island
    4. Brycen Hopkins, TE, Purdue
    6. Sewo Olonilua, RB, TCU
    My son is a big Winfield Jr fan at 49. I keep trying to find reasons not to take one of the C/G prospects there. The trap I seem to fall into every draft is when I put a high value on a prospect/position I always assume the rest of the football world values them just as much. But the difference between picks from 49 to 102 still makes C/G the first priority for me. Safety makes sense to me at 49 in that there are only 2 guys on the roster with any real defensive contribution at Safety. Comparing apples to apples I am a bigger fan of Jeremy Chinn at 49 over Winfield Jr mainly because of size and athleticism. Chinn at 6'3" and Winfield Jr at 5'10". Other than that I think Winfield Jr is a ballsy pick at 49 and one you make when you're pretty sure about a prospect. If the Steelers went with him at 49 I won't be overly disappointed.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I love Antoine Winfield.

Give me him, Alex Highsmith, and a couple of O-linemen... and I’m a happy camper.
    Winfield a draft crush of mine. He checks off a lot of boxes for the Steelers. He could help day one in sub packages and could have a bright future as a slot corner like his dad.

Was looking at tackle prospects that could be there in round 4 but by that time those players are mostly guard candidates.

I like Highsmith also. I was going to place him in with one of the 4th round picks but I have been seeing Brycen Hopkins being projected around the 4th round in rankings, and that would be very good value Imo. (I've also soured on Ebron, he's more of a big slot WR than TE. Another reason why I chose Hopkins)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    My son is a big Winfield Jr fan at 49. I keep trying to find reasons not to take one of the C/G prospects there. The trap I seem to fall into every draft is when I put a high value on a prospect/position I always assume the rest of the football world values them just as much. But the difference between picks from 49 to 102 still makes C/G the first priority for me. Safety makes sense to me at 49 in that there are only 2 guys on the roster with any real defensive contribution at Safety. Comparing apples to apples I am a bigger fan of Jeremy Chinn at 49 over Winfield Jr mainly because of size and athleticism. Chinn at 6'3" and Winfield Jr at 5'10". Other than that I think Winfield Jr is a ballsy pick at 49 and one you make when you're pretty sure about a prospect. If the Steelers went with him at 49 I won't be overly disappointed.
    I was looking at guard/center prospects also but then I started thinking, would the Steelers really use a 2nd round pick on a guard prospect? No 'blue chip' prospect will be there, so I don't see it. I like Ruiz but he'll be long gone before #49 comes around. So day 3 for a guard.

If they go O-line it'll be a tackle Imho. Ezra Cleveland from Boise State would be a player to watch. He'll sit for a year and take over Big Al who is a free agent after the season. He was my 2nd choice after Winfield at #49.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Okay... we all agree: Winfield at 49.

I posted this suggestion earlier... but, it got buried. Anyway, now that three of us agree, the odds of it getting buried are far less likely. I just hope that one of you will contact Kevin Colbert...

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Okay... we all agree: Winfield at 49.

I posted this suggestion earlier... but, it got buried. Anyway, now that three of us agree, the odds of it getting buried are far less likely. I just hope that one of you will contact Kevin Colbert...
    I'm sure they know all about him. His dad was a member of the Vikings when Tomlin was their DC. They also love prospects with NFL bloodlines.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

I'm sure they know all about him. His dad was a member of the Vikings when Tomlin was their DC. They also love prospects with NFL bloodlines.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    Probably my all-time favorite gif.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Probably my all-time favorite gif.
    from one of my all-time favorite movies, which you must also think because of your avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    from one of my all-time favorite movies, which you must also think because of your avatar
    100% It reminds me of my dad.

2. Jonathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin
    3. Van Jefferson, WR, Florida
    4. Tanner Muse, LB/S, Clemson
    4. Alex Highsmith, OLB, Charlotte
    6. Jon Runyan, OG, Michigan
    Last edited by BlackAndGold; 04-21-2020 at 03:32 PM.

2. Jonathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin
    4. Tanner Muse, LB/S, Clemson
    6. Jon Runyan, OG, Michigan
    No... don’t break off from Winfield. Stay the course!!!

(I do like that you kept Highsmith. )

I had a change of mind. My last mock.

6. ​Shaun Bradley, ILB, Temple

I had a change of mind. My last mock.

2. Antoine Winfield Jr, S/SCB, Minnesota YES!!!

3. Van Jefferson, WR, Florida He is one of the 4 WRs that I have mentioned (in some other thread) as possible Steelers.

4. Alex Highsmith, OLB, Charlotte Duh. LOL

4. Kevin Dotson, OG, Louisiana I mentioned somewhere that all of the LSU (and Michigan) O-linemen will get drafted.

6. ​Shaun Bradley, ILB, Temple I liked him in Space Jam.

7. Bravvion Roy, NT, Baylor You have consistently put him in this spot.
    Outstanding!!! (see inside of your post)

Though if I had to guess, #49 will be an offensive player(Pittman/Reagor/Taylor/Akers) but instead of predicting what the Steelers will do, which is a theme I do for my last mock, I've decided I will mock what I'd like to see.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Though if I had to guess, #49 will be an offensive player(Pittman/Reagor/Taylor/Akers) but instead of predicting what the Steelers will do, which is a theme I do for my last mock, I've decided I will mock what I'd like to see.
    Since it has been so difficult to keep up at all with who the Steelers talked to I will probably make my mock the same way. Of course I'll try to keep some Steelers' draft sense in it.

BTW, will there be an Official SU mock draft this year? Asking anyone who would know.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Since it has been so difficult to keep up at all with who the Steelers talked to I will probably make my mock the same way. Of course I'll try to keep some Steelers' draft sense in it.

BTW, will there be an Official SU mock draft this year? Asking anyone who would know.
    Yep a big reason why I went the route I did. We don't have official visits or pro day's. Next year will be different hopefully.

Until next time draft season.