Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What have you done with your 84 jersey?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

What have you done with your 84 jersey?

Quote Originally Posted by hwalker84 View Post
    Same. 84 was my football number. My I have two true Authentic AB jerseys that my wife got me on different birthdays.
    My number was 84 as well for football and Lacrosse.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="SteelersNorth is a splendid one to behold">

Re: What have you done with your 84 jersey?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    They(I have two) are boxed up. I'll never get rid of them.

AB, despite his issues as of late is still one of the best to ever play in the Steelers uniform. Every Sunday besides week 17 of the 2018 season he showed up ready to play and put on a show.
    And that show was because he got to play with a HOF QB.
    Otherwise AB is a never was.

Senior Member Array title="JnK has much to be proud of">

Didn't have his jersey although I do have a personalized autograph from him on an 8 x 10. Got it when I met him at Station Square his rookie year. It's packed away with the rest of my things right now due to moving from PA to MO. Not sure what I'll do with it once I get my new man cave done and my things unpacked. I can say for sure it's not going on display.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelersNorth View Post
    Let’s not be as delusional as AB. He wasn’t made by Ben. They complimented one another.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Let’s not be as delusional as AB. He wasn’t made by Ben. They complimented one another.

Correct.

To ignore his elite talent is a huge mistake. A WR doesn't catch all those passes for all those yards and all those TD's over that many seasons by accident. He is clearly an elite WR that had a great QB to get him the ball. The results were historically great.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

When I was very young, I loved OJ. He’s still one of the greatest RBs to ever play in the NFL. Aaaand... he’s a horrible human being. It is indeed possible to be both.

(Insert AB in the above.)

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

I don't wish to discredit AB, he was a fantastic player for us for many years who I thought was headed to the Hall of Fame.

he has definitely taken a wrong turn, I only hope he gets the help he needs before it's too late.

No he was made by Ben.
    Regardless of how minimal the sample size is or was, Brown without Ben he looked invisible with the EXCEPTION of 1 game against KC in 2015 I believe.
    Not disagreeing with how they complimented one another because they did.
    But facts are facts, and one of the select few of times where numbers make sense.
    What happened Holmes when he left? one good season with the Jets annnnndddd... ... ...
    Mike Wallace? Got paid so good on him; but he's played for 1/4 of the league now I think

But both those guys became huge because of Ben as did Brown.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Ok SteelersNorth, think whatever you want. This thread is to talk about jerseys, not performance.

Ok SteelersNorth, think whatever you want. This thread is to talk about jerseys, not performance.
    you have the chance to prove me wrong so feel free.

as for the jersey part never got an 84.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

No he was made by Ben.
    Regardless of how minimal the sample size is or was, Brown without Ben he looked invisible with the EXCEPTION of 1 game against KC in 2015 I believe.
    Not disagreeing with how they complimented one another because they did.
    But facts are facts, and one of the select few of times where numbers make sense.
    What happened Holmes when he left? one good season with the Jets annnnndddd... ... ...
    Mike Wallace? Got paid so good on him; but he's played for 1/4 of the league now I think

But both those guys became huge because of Ben as did Brown.
    Its no secret that WR's cannot throw the football to themselves. Any WR needs a good QB to be able to get him the ball and that is why guys like Holmes and Wallace didn't have the success at the teams they went to. Same with Emannuel Sanders, he had his best 3 seasons in the NFL with the Broncos where he could be the #2WR, with a HOF QB throwing him the football.

As for the jersey, I would change it to a Buddy Dial.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    I don't wish to discredit AB, he was a fantastic player for us for many years who I thought was headed to the Hall of Fame.

he has definitely taken a wrong turn, I only hope he gets the help he needs before it's too late.
    the best thing that could happen would be for AB to truly change his ways, do a complete 180, be like a philanthropist, take a team friendly contract and finish his career with the Steelers (while he can still play)

I know it’ll probably never happen though

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-in-west View Post
    the best thing that could happen would be for AB to truly change his ways, do a complete 180, be like a philanthropist, take a team friendly contract and finish his career with the Steelers (while he can still play)

I know it’ll probably never happen though
    I’d like to see that outcome. I’m not a grudge type of person. Like you though, I just don’t see it.

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Its no secret that WR's cannot throw the football to themselves. Any WR needs a good QB to be able to get him the ball and that is why guys like Holmes and Wallace didn't have the success at the teams they went to. Same with Emannuel Sanders, he had his best 3 seasons in the NFL with the Broncos where he could be the #2WR, with a HOF QB throwing him the football.

As for the jersey, I would change it to a Buddy Dial.
    100%
    But that was my point. If said receiver doesn't have that QB to get him the ball the rest is mostly irrelevant.
    I'm well aware there's other factors for receivers such as the height which can mask a QBs ineffectiveness.
    But the fact that Ben made the smaller guys stars should say something to his talent level too

here's hoping #84 gets used quickly like 26 was for Barron this past year

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

I was thinking of Brown, but purchased Watt instead.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Six Rings View Post
    I was thinking of Brown, but purchased Watt instead.
    Good call...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler