Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Bowl 54 (Niners v. Chiefs) Thread

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Super Bowl 54 (Niners v. Chiefs) Thread

Start this thread off with an interesting stat:

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Re: Super Bowl 54 (Niners v. Chiefs) Thread

Pulling for the Chiefs myself. I'd like to see Reid finally get over the hump as I feel he's gotten a bad rap for years as a "choker," when it was really McNabb who was the choker.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

I’m torn. Normally, I’d be all about keeping a team from getting as many Lombardis as us... but, I like the Niners. Maybe them catching up to us doesn’t bug me, because their fans aren’t a$$holes.

I like Mahomes, but also I think he’ll have plenty of shots at a ring.

Niners now.
    Chiefs later.
    Steelers a few in between.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Pulling for the Chiefs myself. I'd like to see Reid finally get over the hump as I feel he's gotten a bad rap for years as a "choker," when it was really McNabb who was the choker.
    Same here, hope Andy gets a ring. It's amazing how fast the Chiefs are playing and scoring.

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

I have family in KC. Plus i don't want the 9ers to catch us...GO CHIEFS!

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I don't care who wins this one. It looks like it should be a great game. Awful halftime show, but GREAT game.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

I finally gave up on underestimating the Niners going into the Packers game

Mahomes is not going to be shut down.Niners have the ability to exploit the Chiefs defense with the running game, as the Titans did in the first half, with better play calling and a defensive front that will harass Mahomes more than the Titans and Texans could. But Jimmy G is not elite and unlike the playoff wins is going to have to make a few plays

Looking forward to a great game and not having the Patriots in it

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    I'd like to pull for the Chiefs, but I have a hard time doing it since they employ that thug lowlife creep Tyreek Hill.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Mahomes is fun to watch. Kelce is crazy like his brother but this game will have the 2 best TEs right now.

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Mahomes is fun to watch. Kelce is crazy like his brother but this game will have the 2 best TEs right now.
    Easy there.
    Shoes will think you’re rubbing it in.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

I'm sure the ratings for this game will be up. People who were sick of the Patriots making it every year will likely watch for a new team

Senior Member Array title="JnK has much to be proud of">

Living in MO I'm obviously pulling for the Chiefs in this one. Like others have said I'd like to see Andy Reid finally get a ring. He certainly deserves one.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FrancoLambert View Post
    Easy there.
    Shoes will think you’re rubbing it in.

I would never rub it in to Shoes. I am with Shoes. We need a real TE now!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    I'm sure the ratings for this game will be up. People who were sick of the Patriots making it every year will likely watch for a new team
    Pretty much. Everyone except the one Cheats** fan at my work is happy they are out.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Start this thread off with an interesting stat:

Chiefs better enjoy that status while they can with Mahomes now three years through his five year rookie deal - his next contract is not just going to reset the market rate for QBs - it is going to blow it up

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I’m torn. Normally, I’d be all about keeping a team from getting as many Lombardis as us... but, I like the Niners. Maybe them catching up to us doesn’t bug me, because their fans aren’t a$$holes.

I like Mahomes, but also I think he’ll have plenty of shots at a ring.

Niners now.
    Chiefs later.
    Steelers a few in between.
    No thanks keep them at 5 please, plus as others have said I like Andy Reid and hope he gets his first ring. The dude lost a son to a drug overdose and has put his time in.

As for the game both teams will score but when it comes down to it which QB would you want in the crunch? Mahomes or Jimmy G? Mahomes will win that battle and as good as the 49ers defense is the Chiefs have too many weapons to shut down. The game plan for the Chiefs should be simple. Stack the box and force Jimmy G to throw. We all saw what he did against our team at home when he was pressured. 5+ turnovers.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Chiefs and Reid.....Anyone who had to coach T.O. deserves a Lombardi!

......and of course, we don't want Shoes regretting missing out on Kittle any more than he already does.

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

I suppose I'll pull for the Chiefs since it's been 50 years since they won a SB. I think it will be a fun game to watch.... finally. The 9ers have the D and the Chiefs have the O. We'll see. I think the Chiefs offense will be too much for the 9ers, though.

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Going with the Chefs.

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I think I am going to give a slight edge to the 49ers in a shootout Chiefs will score points but I think the 49ers pass rush can cause some problems. Down in the trenches they've been great

Some interesting facts

-A year after his offsides penalty cost the Chiefs, both Dee Ford and the Chiefs will be playing in the Super Bowl in a couple weeks (on separate teams)

-The Chiefs last Super Bowl win was 50 years ago, the 49ers last Super Bowl win was 25 years ago (their 2nd to last Super Bowl win was also 30 years ago)

-Multiple QBs played for both teams; Alex Smith, Steve DeBerg, Steve Bono, and most important of all Joe Montana

-Richard Sherman helped lift the 49ers to a Super Bowl 6 years to the day he tipped a pass that turned into an interception to defeat the 49ers and then trash talked Michael Crabtree. He of course had the final interception as well

-Andy Reid is 0-1 as a head coach in the Super Bowl, Kyle Shanahan is 0-1 as a coach in general (OC in particular). Both their losses came at the hand of the Patriots and mismanagement in the 4th quarter by both men played a large part in it

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

When that KC offense is on, they're unbeatable. Mahomes is already looking like an alltime great, and I'm not too sold on Jimmy G. Rooting for KC in this one

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="CV1 is a jewel in the rough"> CV1's Avatar

Have to root for the AFC.

Plus my BIL is a 9rs fan and when the Kap lead team lost I had a year of tormenting him.

Additionally, already sucks sharing 6 with one team...sharing 6 with another...deplorable

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

This could be a great game. I expect it'll be a high scoring game.

uniform/Jersey watch. The Chiefs are wearing their red/white home jersey. The same jersey they wore 50 years ago in the Super Bowl vs the Vikings. The 49ers of course will be wearing their away white/gold jersey. They are 2-0 while wearing that uniform in the Super Bowl.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Quote Originally Posted by tom444 View Post
    Rooting for the Niners making the two teams with 6 Lombardies from blue states on the east and west coasts.
    You appear to have forgotten a third team that got to six first

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

If the niners defense can't get to Mahomes, the chiefs will win in a blowout. Nothing can stop that KC offense if Mahomes has time to throw. I don't see Jimmy G able to compete with Mahomes in a shootout. The SF front 4 needs to eat in order for SF to pull this off. With that said, that front 4 is the best in the NFL.

I'm thinking this will be a very good game. One of the most intriguing matchups in years to be honest.

Oh that's right, my mistake. There is a team from flyover country with 6.
    Pity for you those states and teams count too

Ever wonder why the NFL wants the Cowboys, Packers & Steelers on TV so much

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    If the niners defense can't get to Mahomes, the chiefs will win in a blowout. Nothing can stop that KC offense if Mahomes has time to throw. I don't see Jimmy G able to compete with Mahomes in a shootout. The SF front 4 needs to eat in order for SF to pull this off. With that said, that front 4 is the best in the NFL.

I'm thinking this will be a very good game. One of the most intriguing matchups in years to be honest.
    That defensive front has the speed to give Mahomes a lot more trouble than he faced the past two games but may get gassed chasing him

Reminds me in some ways of the Giants-Bills Super Bowl when Buffalo had the unstoppable offense going in to the game but a combination of a good Belichick game plan on defense and keeping the ball away from Kelly by a run heavy offense with a journeyman QB worked (barely)

- - - Updated - - -

That attitude has worked out so well for you so why quit now I guess