Thread: Conference Championship Predictions

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Conference Championship Predictions

My conference championship game predictions

Titans @ Chiefs
    It's hard to bet against Patrick Mahomes, especially at home, however Andy Reid is 1-5 in conference championship games (his only win was against a Falcons team with a +3 point differential) and Reid's choking tendencies combined with the way Mike Vrabel has been coaching as of late could spell advantage for Tennessee. Another advantage could be Derrick Henry against a Chiefs defense vulnerable against the run (if Chris Jones doesn't play, it could be worse). A strong Titans run game could get some yardage and keep Mahomes off the field.
    Titans win 31-21.

Packers @ 49ers
    The 49ers are the better team. It's not just the 37-8 drubbing the 49ers laid on Green Bay the Sunday night before Thanksgiving, it's been all year. The 49ers have the better scoring offense, scoring defense, and better point differential by over 100 points. They also have lost by fewer points all while playing a tougher schedule. Additionally, the Packers are also 0-2 on the west coast this year getting outscored by a combined 63-19, the other being a 15 point loss the Chargers of all teams. Don't be fooled by them having the same records, statistics clearly point to the 49ers being the clear cut better team and Packers fans should be scared after this 49ers defense looked re-energized coming off the bye.
    49ers win 34-17

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: Conference Championship Predictions

Titans 21-17
    Packers 19-14

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I think the Titans have a good chance at KC. I think KC has a better chance though. The Titans D has held the Pats and the Ravens to 13 and 14 points respectively, and the Titans offense hasn't needed to score in bunches. This could be the case again but I think KC's offense will score. I will be rooting for the Titans in this game but if this gets to a shootout I have to take the Chiefs. Tough one to predict but I'll say KC 31-Titans 24

I don't see the Packers winning at SF. 49ers 40 - Packers 21

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Blowouts across the board. No idea of the scores but Chiefs and Niners win games that are never in doubt.

Senior Member Array title="steelcityboyz has a brilliant future"> steelcityboyz's Avatar

Kansas City will beat the Titans There's no way the Titans can match the points Mahomes will put up.

49ers defense is too strong and will give Rodgers and his offense fits.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelcityboyz View Post
    Kansas City will beat the Titans There's no way the Titans can match the points Mahomes will put up.

49ers defense is too strong and will give Rodgers and his offense fits.
    I see things differently. KC does not have a D that will be able to stop Derrick Henry which in turn will run clock and keep Mahomes off the field as much as possible. If KC comes out the way they did last week against the Texans watch out. Also Titans have made the ravens offense look bad and they had were decent this year. Yes the ravens offense was more based on the run but I think the Titans will be able to contain Maholmes and even get pressure on him early and often. There is also the Andy Reid factor and his teams not performing up to par in big games. I think it will be an interesting game to watch and I don't have a rooting interest one way or the other. It would be cool to see a rematch between the chiefs and packers fwiw. I will be rooting for whomever wins the AFC...this year, for a change.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Chiefs 34-20
    49ers 27-18

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Chiefs & 49ers, Andy gets his SB ring.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Btw, Booger McFarland predicts that whoever scores more points will win both games

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Btw, Booger McFarland predicts that whoever scores more points will win both games
    He added, only if the other team scores less.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    He added, only if the other team scores less.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

49ers in a blowout

Chiefs will somehow find a way to fuck it up

I gotta get my ass to the bookie
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Titans will keep it close by running clock with Henry but Chiefs will win - Titans shaky place kicking may come into play

Packers being 13-3 reminds me of the 2011 season Steelers (Tebow game) when the Steelers were 12-4 but did not pass the eye test of being as good as that record. 49ers smashed Packers back in November and have got healthier since then - Niners cover 7&1/2 point spread in a comfortable win

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

The Chiefs can score on anybody. The Chiefs also like letting people score on them... and Derrick Henry is a force. This game will come down to whomever makes the fewest mistakes.

Niners are going to C... R... U... S... H the Packers.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

In the NFC, I just don't know that the Packers have the horses to stop the Niners. They crushed them the first time, so you know the Packers' coaching staff is really going to come at it differently this time with a different game plan. I still think that the Niners have too many guys that beat the opposing Packers players in their one-on-one matchups.

I like the 49ers 31-17

In the AFC, both teams are playing great right now. This is a tough game to know exactly how it will play out. The Titans have been dominating teams with the pace of play and ball control. They get a lead and they strangle you by making you press offensively knowing you have to make every possession count. The Chiefs are a different animal though, because they literally can score on any play. They are that explosive with Mahomes and the speed and weapons they have all over the field. Their defense is also much improved, but it will be tested by that dominant Titans running attack.

This is a tough one, but I think the Chiefs are the team that will move the ball consistently on the Titans and take them out of their game. It won't be easy, but I think the Chiefs get it done.

Chiefs 30-23