Thread: Mike Mayock thought Raiders would “get the best out of Antonio Brown”

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Mike Mayock thought Raiders would “get the best out of Antonio Brown”

Mayock was cocky as hell when Colbert tried to get better than a R3 &R5 for AB with his no answer being "did I stutter" Thanks for stuttering Mike!

The Raiders traded for Antonio Brown to great fanfare March 10. They released him Sept. 7 without him ever playing a down for them.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...antonio-brown/

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Re: Mike Mayock thought Raiders would get the best out of Antonio Brown

I was hopeful..... even excited. I knew better from what I read here, but still.................

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Mayock appears to have knocked it out of the park with his first draft so in terms of getting burned by AB he can just join a list of notables that includes Mike Tomlin and Dark Lord Hoodie.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

The rare trade where everyone got a bad deal.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    The rare trade where everyone got a bad deal.
    Under the circumstances, the Steelers got the better end of the deal — by a mile.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Under the circumstances, the Steelers got the better end of the deal — by a mile.
    I mean, yes, in the sense that if you're playing a game of chicken and you jump out of your car just in time, and the other guy crashes and dies, but you still wrecked your car and ended up in the hospital and were on the hook for fixing both cars and paying everyone's medical bills ... then I guess you technically "won" the exchange, yes.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

I mean, yes, in the sense that if you're playing a game of chicken and you jump out of your car just in time, and the other guy crashes and dies, but you still wrecked your car and ended up in the hospital and were on the hook for fixing both cars and paying everyone's medical bills ... then I guess you technically "won" the exchange, yes.
    You've got to know when to hold 'em
    Know when to fold 'em
    Know when to walk away
    And know when to run

Kenny Rogers (aka Kevin Colbert) - The Gambler

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

This.... exactly.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I agree, Diontae Johnson has the potential to be a very good WR and PR...

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Thanks for Dionate.

1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 4. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. Ryan Watts, S, Texas

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Thanks for Dionate.

Colbert flat out knocked this trade out of the ball park.
    I agree, but I must admit how disappointed I was when we first traded AB for only a 3rd and a 5th...

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    I agree, but I must admit how disappointed I was when we first traded AB for only a 3rd and a 5th...
    Yeah, me too, but looking back...........

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post

I was as well. I thought they should have been able to get more.

Now we have the benefit of hindsight. With that hindsight we now know that AB was a train wreck and was devastating the locker room and this team in general. The team was going to suffer the same fate as the other teams did, they just got something for him that now feels like they won the lottery compared to what would have happened if they didn't trade him.

Re: Mike Mayock thought Raiders would “get the best out of Antonio Brown”

Make no mistake, it was still a fire-sale trade for absolutely shitty value, and we absolutely minimized what we could get by making a stupid decision (announcing our intention beforehand to get rid of him at any price and with severe self-imposed time pressure).

Yes, we now know that we would've received nothing if we held on to him. But multiple other teams clearly did not. We still blew the trade and could've gotten more.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Re: Mike Mayock thought Raiders would “get the best out of Antonio Brown”

instead he jacked his dick on their back