• 812 snaps, 88 targets, 44 recs, 612 yards, 3 TDs

0 0%
  • 856 snaps, 93 targets, 52 recs, 694 yards, 3 TDs

0 0%
  • 781 naps, 68 targets, 44 recs, 549 yards, 1 TDs

2 13.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pick a CB

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Pick a CB

Pick one of these CBs. I have included their 2019 stats, but I did not include the INTs... because that would make it too obvious who was whom.

Which CB would you take? Why?

(credit to Mark Kaboly for the numbers)

NOTE: I think some of you can read between the lines... and figure out why this is Steelers-related. In a few days, I’ll attach the names with the numbers.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Re: Pick a CB

The"concrete cobbler" Array title="cold-hard-steel has a brilliant future"> cold-hard-steel's Avatar

781 "naps" has got to be a clue . That's a good many naps .
    Two bags are guarenteed to fit all sizes ,or your money back. If you are not completely satisfied call 1-800-GOO-DHELL We show 5 bags to choose from,most problems only need 2 bags .

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I voted for #3. Only one with under 50% catch rate.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

I was reading this thread on my phone and accidentally voted with my fat fingers.....

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

I was trying to decide between #1 and #3. #3 allowed a lower catch rate, but ultimately selected #1. More snaps with fewer targets probably means coverage was tight preventing QB's from throwing at him in the first place. Also, less overall receptions and yards allowed.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Which one is Artie Burns? I want to make sure I vote for him.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Which one is Artie Burns? I want to make sure I vote for him.
    Well, can't be the one that allowed 0 TD's lol. Also I think penalties should be in the stats. Getting a 50 yard PI flag is just as bad as allowing a 50 yard catch, although it doesn't get added into those stats.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I took 945 snaps, 0 TDS and 600 yards guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Is one of these guys Steven Nelson? I know he quietly had a great year.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cold-hard-steel View Post
    781 "naps" has got to be a clue . That's a good many naps .
    Maybe that one is Artie Burns. He tends to fall asleep on plays.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

I like the old Sears Roadtalker 40 base station CB. It's all crystal tuned and does SSB as well as AM. Very easy to modify for illegal power levels and out of band channels.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    I like the old Sears Roadtalker 40 base station CB. It's all crystal tuned and does SSB as well as AM. Very easy to modify for illegal power levels and out of band channels.
    Snowman! You got your ears on? Got a County Mounty on my tail.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    I was reading this thread on my phone and accidentally voted with my fat fingers.....

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    Indeed

I will wait another day before I attach names to the numbers (in order to get some more “unbiased” responses). That said, I think the point has already been made:

Steven Nelson has a season that is on par with the All-Pros in the league.

The"concrete cobbler" Array title="cold-hard-steel has a brilliant future"> cold-hard-steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe that one is Artie Burns. He tends to fall asleep on plays.
    LOL thats what i was thinking .
    Two bags are guarenteed to fit all sizes ,or your money back. If you are not completely satisfied call 1-800-GOO-DHELL We show 5 bags to choose from,most problems only need 2 bags .

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

If I don't zoom on the screen, I rarely hit my target! I had to do it twice to vote...

I've fallen and I can't get up!

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    And best of all, I don't pay property tax!
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    So I did a little research and found the article. Somewhat what I expected, although a couple of the names were surprising.
    I left off Richard Sherman snd Marcus Peters... both of whom were second-team All-Pro.

IMO, Peters wasn’t even the best CB on his team (let alone the league). Likewise, when I first saw Sherman’s name, I was like he got in on name alone; so, I included the other guys who everyone knows are the top CBs in the league. But, looking back at his numbers, Sherman had a great season (my bad fir excluding him).

Sherman:
    891 snaps, 71 targets, 41 recs, 389 yards, 2 TDs... and... 3 INTs

Peters:
    981 snaps, 89 targets, 52 recs, 597 yards, 5 TDs... and... 5 INTs

SUMMATION:
    Again, I should have included Sherman, because, he had a great season. For example, he gave up the least yards.

That said, Peters only got voted due to his INTs, which (IMO) were negated by giving up 5 TDs!!! Plus, his catch-rate percentage was not very good... at all. I’m not sure how he was the second-team All-Pro.

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

Pick one of these CBs. I have included their 2019 stats, but I did not include the INTs... because that would make it too obvious who was whom.

Which CB would you take? Why?

(credit to Mark Kaboly for the numbers)

NOTE: I think some of you can read between the lines... and figure out why this is Steelers-related. In a few days, I’ll attach the names with the numbers.
    #3, but you have to include passes defenses, interceptions and forced fumbles. Return scores are huge as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Six Rings View Post
    #3, but you have to include passes defenses, interceptions and forced fumbles. Return scores are huge as well.
    True... and that appears to be the “tie-breaker”.

It’s that age old question: would you rather have Ike Taylor (no INTs, but shuts down an opposing receiver) or have Guy McNameson (who allows a few more receptions, but also gets 4-5 INTs a season).

The players are...

Steven Nelson
    Stephon Gilmore
    Tre White
    Marlon Humphrey
    Marshon Lattimore
    Darius Slay
    Jalen Ramsey

SUMMATION:
    Colbert made a great free-agent signing.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

The players are...

Steven Nelson
    Stephon Gilmore
    Tre White
    Marlon Humphrey
    Marshon Lattimore
    Darius Slay
    Jalen Ramsey

SUMMATION:
    But I’ve been told that’s impossible. Must’ve had Harbaugh give him advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    But I’ve been told that’s impossible. Must’ve had Harbaugh give him advice.
    Harbaugh had Marlon Humphrey and Marcus Peters. But somehow, Tomlin has “more talent” to work with...

Harbaugh had Marlon Humphrey and Marcus Peters. But somehow, Tomlin has “more talent” to work with...
    Yup. I guess Jimmy Smith and Earl Thomas stink now.

Can you imagine if Haden and Fitzpatrick had the "coverage" that Humphrey and the safety did on Tannwhill's bomb to some no name WR? People would be calling for heads on sticks and whatnot but somehow they are the better coached team?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

SUMMATION:
    Been saying that for a long time now. He was solid all season long and when people talk about the team, good or bad, there’s very rarely a mention of Nelson.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Been saying that for a long time now. He was solid all season long and when people talk about the team, good or bad, there’s very rarely a mention of Nelson.
    Yes, you have.

Nope, there has not been.

True... and that appears to be the “tie-breaker”.

It’s that age old question: would you rather have Ike Taylor (no INTs, but shuts down an opposing receiver) or have Guy McNameson (who allows a few more receptions, but also gets 4-5 INTs a season).
    If it's just a few more receptions and perhaps a TD more, I take the INTs. But, if it is anything more than say, 10 percent more receptions or a differences of 2 or 3 TDs year to year, I go with the shutdown receiver.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Close to the best compliment a CB can get. (Of course, the best would be a few mentions for INTs, but I'm very happy with his performance this year).

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    If it's just a few more receptions and perhaps a TD more, I take the INTs. But, if it is anything more than say, 10 percent more receptions or a differences of 2 or 3 TDs year to year, I go with the shutdown receiver.

- - - Updated - - -

Close to the best compliment a CB can get. (Of course, the best would be a few mentions for INTs, but I'm very happy with his performance this year).
    Coates, Sweed, Moncrete? They all shut down when needed.