Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I’d like to say something about this forum and those who post here

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

I’d like to say something about this forum and those who post here

We are division rivals and one of the best rivalries in the NFL. As such, I expect to read all sort of negativity towards the Baltimore Ravens lol. But 98.9% of it is based on facts and football knowledge, not simple hatred.

I post infrequently on the Texans and Patriots forums but merely glance at others. I have been reading numerous posts on some Titans forums this week and to be blunt, I am disgusted. Want to loathe the Ravens and hope you crush them 50-3? No problem. Make jokes about Todd Heap’s dead daughter? Seriously, WTF is wrong with people?

So... hold your heads up high. I’ve said numerous times in the past I frequent this site as it contains posters who will consistently debate football backed up with knowledge and passion (and some loathing lol). But I have never seen such lowdown shit as using a dead girl as a punchline.

I know most of you would love to see Baltimore lose today, as I would be rooting against the Steelers if the roles were reversed. But I hope the Ravens crush the hopes and dreams of those goons who posted that trash.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: I’d like to say something about this forum and those who post here

Any body, but of all people Heap?? I thought he was a pretty classy guy, and a great TE. A lot of Heap and Heath comparisons. Sorry to hear that. Your guys are playing some great ball this season. Go get em.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Well that's a new low.

Go Ravens!

Senior Member Array title="T&B fan has much to be proud of"> T&B fan's Avatar

I for one hope the Ravens win it all THIS yr . that way it will be so much more fun kick-in your asses next yr ..
    we must never forget tell everyone you know New England cheated and might be back at it Edit 1-21-15 there back Edit #2__12-8-19 here we go again Edit #3__ 5-25-23 it never ends

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Game recognizes game.

I hate the Ravens, but I hate douchebag tough guys on forums that pretend to be football fans, even worse. You are a good dude Crow and I am always curious and interested to read your posts here. Cheers.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Still Not enough for me to Root for the Ravens....

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Hopefully the Steelers find their future answer at QB soon so that this great rivalry will remain competitive for another decade.

Go Titans!! Even if some of their fans are ignorant and/or a-holes.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Good post CM, that’s part of the reason I’m a Steelers fan (it’s been a while now). I kind of hope the Ravens go all the way this year. It’ll be all the more sweeter when we beat you guys next year, at least it’ll be fun trying.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

I actually hope the Ravens go all the way. They have worked hard and Jackson has been exciting to watch and the FO/coaches have drafted wise (Multiple TE's ) Harbaugh was right in training camp when he said Jackson was something special. Always nice to see you here Crow!

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Lowlifes of all allegiances need to just go away.

It's pretty damn sad to hear idiots making comments like that. I wouldn't wish that on anyone, and would want to hurt anyone that would say that out loud to others.

This stuff makes me sick.

Great to have you here Crow! Anyone that wants to talk football is welcome here anytime.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

No way on God's green earth will you hear me say "Go Ravens", but if it came between yinz and the cheats I would be pulling for yinz as best I could. That being said there is never a time to use another man's daughters death as a punch line. Pure asshold to do so, but every fanbase has them. Sorry that you got caught up in a MB that doesn't care, but you are always good to have on our site. As far as I know nobody has ever accused you of being a troll and that is much appreciated by those of us who do post here.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

There are intolerable people in every team's fanbase, including ours. I don't get why sports tribalism would bleed over into hatred of players on opposing teams or (even worse) their families.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

I'm rooting for the Titans but not cause I hate the Ravens, I usually root for the underdog when the Steelers are out of it. That said, I don't see them winning but just want to see some good close games today!

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Here's some irony for today . . . I see a thread. It's titled. . .

I’d like to say something about this forum and those who post here

Then, I click on it and get: Error 406 - Not Acceptable

(And, thanks for the thoughts, CM).
    lol. When I clicked to post the thread, I got that at first!

Hey, so far it’s been a ride this year. I thought maybe 10-6 tops. 14-2 was WAY beyond my expectations. We’ll see in a few hours if I’m looking to see if the Ravens play the Texans or Chiefs...or I’m crying in my Texas chili. If Baltimore loses, I’ll root for the Texans since they’re now the “local” team.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Still Not enough for me to Root for the Ravens....
    I approve of this message.

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

I dislike the Ravens but you have to respect them. I actually don't care who wins it this year, it's not going to be the cheats**

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Crow-Magnon View Post
    We are division rivals and one of the best rivalries in the NFL. As such, I expect to read all sort of negativity towards the Baltimore Ravens lol. But 98.9% of it is based on facts and football knowledge, not simple hatred.

I post infrequently on the Texans and Patriots forums but merely glance at others. I have been reading numerous posts on some Titans forums this week and to be blunt, I am disgusted. Want to loathe the Ravens and hope you crush them 50-3? No problem. Make jokes about Todd Heap’s dead daughter? Seriously, WTF is wrong with people?

So... hold your heads up high. I’ve said numerous times in the past I frequent this site as it contains posters who will consistently debate football backed up with knowledge and passion (and some loathing lol). But I have never seen such lowdown shit as using a dead girl as a punchline.

I know most of you would love to see Baltimore lose today, as I would be rooting against the Steelers if the roles were reversed. But I hope the Ravens crush the hopes and dreams of those goons who posted that trash.
    Remember, the Titans forum isn't the Titans themselves.

Senior Member Array title="steelcityboyz has a brilliant future"> steelcityboyz's Avatar

I was hoping and rooting that the Ravens would win it all if the Steelers didn;t make the playoffs. Then with very little time left and all the Ravens had to do was run the clock out, classless harbaugh tries a long pass to score more points that they didn't need to close out the game. I agree with you about the Titan asshole fans... But Go Titans!

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crow-Magnon View Post

After watching sports for over 40 years (and growing up in the Philly area) I will say that there are moronic fans EVERYWHERE, don't let them ever get to you. Every team has good and bad fans.

The Steelers and Ravens run top notch franchises.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Tough night for your boys. I think the Titans just showed the NFL how to contain Jackson and make him throw which clearly isn't his strength.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Honestly the main reason why I hate the Patriots fans so much is majority of their fans are insufferable jagoffs

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Honestly the main reason why I hate the Patriots fans so much is majority of their fans are insufferable jagoffs
    Most of their fans probably think Steve Grogan is a sports caster and Sam Cunningham is from Dr Seuss, most are bandwaggoners

Btw, that avatar curse......

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-in-west View Post
    Most of their fans probably think Steve Grogan is a sports caster and Sam Cunningham is from Dr Seuss, most are bandwaggoners

Btw, that avatar curse......
    MVP - Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Condolences to all the Steeler fans who posted that they'd like to see the Ravens go all the way.

I'm sure there are some Ohio State fans who want Michigan to win the National Championship.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

I remember full well what douchebags the Titans and their fans were and Keith Bulluck and LenWhale White stomping on the Terrible Towel a few years back.

Rooting for KC from here on out.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Condolences to all the Steeler fans who posted that they'd like to see the Ravens go all the way.

I'm sure there are some Ohio State fans who want Michigan to win the National Championship.
    ha ha, no need for condolences, with or without this Ravens loss, a healthy Ben with that defense should be in the running for a division title and deep playoff run next year. We almost beat the Ravens this season without Ben.

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

Having just knocked off the two top teams in the AFC back to back the Titans should have no problem with the Chiefs. You can always count on Andy Reid finding a way to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by steelcityboyz View Post
    I was hoping and rooting that the Ravens would win it all if the Steelers didn;t make the playoffs. Then with very little time left and all the Ravens had to do was run the clock out, classless harbaugh tries a long pass to score more points that they didn't need to close out the game. I agree with you about the Titan asshole fans... But Go Titans!
    IMO, you should be banned from this forum for rooting for the ravens. Just my opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post

As Jaylen Rose, former U of M baller said …."the Ohio State Fu@keyes!"

Never cheer for OSU or the Ravens!

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tom444 View Post
    Having just knocked off the two top teams in the AFC back to back the Titans should have no problem with the Chiefs. You can always count on Andy Reid finding a way to lose.
    I wouldn’t be surprised honestly, when the playoffs started I thought the Titans were the most dangerous wildcard team since the 2010 packers