Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DIVISIONAL ROUND: For Whom Will You Root?

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

DIVISIONAL ROUND: For Whom Will You Root?

On to the Divisional round!!!

Titans @ Ravens As I’ve stated from the start of the playoffs: all I want to see is the Titans in the AFCCG (because, that eliminates both the Taperiots and the Ravens). Yes, a win here moves our R4 pick down another 4 spots... and I’m fine with that. Go Titans!!!

Seahawks @ Packers This one will be divided amongst Steelers fans. Half of us despise the Seahawks (for whining) and the other half of us vividly remember the Packers sideline mocking Polamalu during Super Bowl XLV. For me, the tie-breaker is the fact that the media talks about how much better Rodgers is than Ben... despite Rodgers having only one (ONE) good playoff run. So, for me, it is simple. Go Seahawks.

Texans @ Chiefs I’m fine with either one. I guess I’d like to see Watson in the big game. I like Mahomes, but Watson seems to have been “forgotten” by everyone. Such as “Da Bears passes on Mahomes!!!” Well, they passed on Watson, too... Go Texans.

Vikings @ Niners I truly do not mind if the Niners “catch us” in Lombardis. I think that they are a good story and a likable team. That said, the Vikings as the sixth seed is indeed impressive. Plus, part of me will be rooting for Kirk Cousins. I’ll figure this one out by game time... or, maybe when the game gets going. But, right now... I’m sort of leaving towards the Niners. Plus, I’d love to see a third installment of Seahawks-Niners. Yea, that’s it. Go Niners.

For whom will you be rooting?... why?

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Re: DIVISIONAL ROUND: For Whom Will You Root?

Rooting for Titans over Ravens - duh. Of the AFC teams in the playoffs IMO the Ravens would have preferred to play the cratering Pats, Bills or Texans rather than the Titans. With both teams emphasizing the run CBS will have to get creative with commercial breaks to avoid having this game be over in 2&1/2 hours

Packers should win over a banged up Seahawks team but I will be rooting for Seattle. I like Russell Wilson and am weary of the incessant Rodgers hype along with his State Farm commercials.

Want Chiefs to beat Texans. Two enjoyable QBs but if the Texans play the Ravens again they will get smoked again - OTOH the Chiefs can win a road game against the Ravens and with the Pats gone my main cheering interest in the playoffs is for someone to beat the Ravens

Will be pulling for the 49ers over Vikings. No dislike of the Vikings but a Niners-Ravens or Niners-Chiefs Super Bowl would be fun to watch. And the 49ers are the NFC team most likely to beat the Ravens

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

remember the Packers sideline mocking Polamalu during Super Bowl XLV
    I don't recall this one but I have basically blacked out this game from my memory. When and what did they do?

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    I don't recall this one but I have basically blacked out this game from my memory. When and what did they do?
    Some Packers players were mic’d up on the sidelines for NFL Films Super Bowl footage and (correctly) noted Troy could not cover anyone. That was the season Troy strained his Achilles and missed most of December before coming back to hobble through the playoffs on one leg

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Texans over Chiefs

Titans over Ravens

Packers over Seahawks

Vikings over Niners

I wouldn’t mind a Chiefs/Packers Super Bowl rematch though...

Any combination of Texans/Titans and Seahawks/Vikings would be amazingly dull...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Some Packers players were mic’d up on the sidelines for NFL Films Super Bowl footage and (correctly) noted Troy could not cover anyone. That was the season Troy strained his Achilles and missed most of December before coming back to hobble through the playoffs on one leg
    Thanks. I do remember Troy getting hurt late in the 2010 season and he never fully recovered by Super Bowl time.

i'm not really a fan of Mr. Discount Double Check but also no fan of the Rainy City Bitch Pigeons either.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

I'm rooting all underdog. Go Titans, Seahawks, Texans and Vikings.

In reality I would be surprised if any of the higher seeds lose. The only one I think could lose is the Ravens simply because the Titans are built for old fashion, clock eating, playoff football. If the Titans can control the clock and grid out 1-3 long TD drives with Henry wearing down the Ravens I think they have a chance.

Now that I said that Ravens win 41-10.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Titans and Chiefs. If the Steelers aren't in the playoffs, I become a KC fan if they're in it. Main reason is my brother has been a KC fan for as long as I been following the Steelers. That and Showtime Mahomes is fun as hell to watch, he's like the Barry Sanders of QBing when he's on.

I've been silently hoping the Titans would have good season after watching the game changers and seeing that 15 or so of the players went vegan. I've been vegan for 2.5 years now and at age 40 am in better shape than I was at 25. I always shake my head when I get asked stupid questions about getting enough protein but whatever haha. After seeing pro athletes thrive under the diet (especially in a sport where size matters ) hopefully will put to rest questions like that.

NFC I could give a rats ass. I hope the 49ers get knocked out, but like others said, I could care less who has the most lombardis. I just hate all the bandwagon 49er fans that pop up in Hawaii after they have a winning season but always disappear when they suck

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Go Titans, again

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

I don't like either the Packers or the Seahawks, so I will be rooting for the 49ers, as they have the best chance of beating the winner of that shitshow.

The rest I don't care about - I guess Titans over the Ravens, but even then, not a huge deal. If we're not facing them ourselves, it doesn't matter very much to me.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="BnG_Hevn has much to be proud of"> BnG_Hevn's Avatar
    Battleball Champion!

Patriots out, now Ravens are the last team I want to advance. Hopefully the Titans can put up one more tough game.
    “They say all marriages are made in heaven, but so are thunder and lightning.”
    ― Clint Eastwood

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Titans, Chiefs, Packers, Vikes. Im so happy Pats are out I really don't care who wins. I don't want the Ravens but actually hate them much less without Flacco, Suggs, and the murderer. Lamar is hard to hate. Still the last team remaining I want to win.

Article in The Ringer on the Ravens being a team of historic proportions that has reinvented offense in the NFL

They are an aggressively modern team that takes bits from every era of football to create one of the most interesting regular-season teams in the sport’s history. The organization went against the established trends of the era and dominated. It is one of the best team-building jobs of the decade. In the process, it may have created a new era.

https://www.theringer.com/2020/1/7/2...f-nfl-universe

Maybe so but perhaps have them win a playoff game first

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Article in The Ringer on the Ravens being a team of historic proportions that has reinvented offense in the NFL

They are an aggressively modern team that takes bits from every era of football to create one of the most interesting regular-season teams in the sport’s history. The organization went against the established trends of the era and dominated. It is one of the best team-building jobs of the decade. In the process, it may have created a new era.

https://www.theringer.com/2020/1/7/2...f-nfl-universe

Maybe so but perhaps have them win a playoff game first
    The Ringer does like to crown teams/players early (i.e. the Browns); but the article is really interesting for its larger non-Ravens points. The idea of not trying to change players, but focus on what they do well and build around that. Also the bit about "gap read" verus "zone read" was cool.

But, yeah, lets see how this plays out.

I do think the article buried what will be the funniest part of all this -- teams struggling to replicate the Ravens style/offense with lesser mere mortal athletes. Several teams are going to fail to realize that Jackson is unique and they will put a bunch of similar looking guys in a similar looking offense and wonder why it doesn't work.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    I've been silently hoping the Titans would have good season after watching the game changers and seeing that 15 or so of the players went vegan. I've been vegan for 2.5 years now and at age 40 am in better shape than I was at 25. I always shake my head when I get asked stupid questions about getting enough protein but whatever haha. After seeing pro athletes thrive under the diet (especially in a sport where size matters ) hopefully will put to rest questions like that.
    I was a vegetarian for 20 years (with a year or so in the middle as a vegan). I haven’t drunk milk since I was a kid (and still haven’t).

Lots of broccoli.
    Lots of spinach.
    Lots of brown rice.
    Lots of homemade pots of beans.

A few years back, I started eating chicken again, because I was commuting for work. Due to this lack of time, I decided to eat chicken, so that I could cook one meal (instead of modifying the meal to incorporate my diet). More importantly, because my time was constricted, I wasn’t being as careful with my diet (specifically B-12)... and started feeling like crap.

Anyway, I’m now a chickenetarian.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Titans (Duh)
    Seahawks (I like Carroll)
    Chiefs (I want AFC to win Super Bowl)
    Vikings (I've always kind of liked the Vikings)

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

Like to see a Ravens/Niners SB.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I was a vegetarian for 20 years (with a year or so in the middle as a vegan). I haven’t drunk milk since I was a kid (and still haven’t).

Lots of broccoli.
    Lots of spinach.
    Lots of brown rice.

A few years back, I started eating chicken again, because I was commuting for work. Due to this lack of time, I decided to eat chicken, so that I could cook one meal (instead of modifying the meal to incorporate my diet). More importantly, because my time was constricted, I wasn’t being as careful with my diet (specifically B-12)... and started feeling like crap.

That's awesome man. Yep same staples here, but adding in tofu and tempeh to that list haha. One of the annoying things (but kinda funny) is everyone assumes I'm vegan because my girlfriend converted me. She has the profile the typical girl who's been vegan her entire life (blonde girl who wants to save all the animals and trees lol), but it was the other way around. I basically told her no animal products in my fridge and she eventually hopped on the train haha.

Btw you never took a b12 supplement? Or I guess nutritional yeast could work for that I'd think.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Lots of broccoli.
    Lots of spinach.
    Lots of brown rice.

That's awesome man. Yep same staples here, but adding in tofu and tempeh to that list haha. One of the annoying things (but kinda funny) is everyone assumes I'm vegan because my girlfriend converted me. She has the profile the typical girl who's been vegan her entire life (blonde girl who wants to save all the animals and trees lol), but it was the other way around. I basically told her no animal products in my fridge and she eventually hopped on the train haha.

Btw you never took a b12 supplement? Or I guess nutritional yeast could work for that I'd think.
    Jesus christ, people. Am I REALLY going to have to commit to eating triple the usual amount of meat to offset this? I mean, bacon is great and all, but last time I had a breakfast sausage I puked all over the place.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Jesus christ, people. Am I REALLY going to have to commit to eating triple the usual amount of meat to offset this? I mean, bacon is great and all, but last time I had a breakfast sausage I puked all over the place.
    Bacon wrapped sausage links until the coma sets in.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Bacon wrapped sausage links until the coma sets in.

IMO, supplements didn’t absorb. I ate a lot of seaweed. Real seaweed... that I’d cook and the house would smell like the ocean.

(Yeast probably would have been a good option.)

- - - Updated - - -

I do not imbibe either. Ergo, for decades, my best friend has ordered two steaks and two Scotches... and eaten/drunk them both (in order to “balance out the Force”).

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

I wouldn't mind seeing either the Chiefs or Vikings win it all.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Lol thats where you messed up. Meat substitutes are trash and taste like plastic.

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

I would like to see KC or the Vikings win it all.

Quote Originally Posted by steel striker View Post
    I would like to see KC or the Vikings win it all.
    I wouldn't mind this. KC hasn't won since SB 4 and Vikings have never won it all.

Lol thats where you messed up. Meat substitutes are trash and taste like plastic.
    I think the main problem was that I was hungover and then came down with the stomach flu on the same day. But man, I have never been able to look at a Jimmy Dean sausage since then without getting the gag reflex. Kind of like a lot of people with tequila, only with breakfast sausage instead. Trust me though, it was horrible.

I do not imbibe either. Ergo, for decades, my best friend has ordered two steaks and two Scotches... and eaten/drunk them both (in order to “balance out the Force”).
    Man, what the hell is wrong with you? I hope you at least do cocaine.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="steelcityboyz has a brilliant future"> steelcityboyz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tom444 View Post
    Like to see a Ravens/Niners SB.
    Already been done.. I hope K/C takes it all.

I think the main problem was that I was hungover and then came down with the stomach flu on the same day. But man, I have never been able to look at a Jimmy Dean sausage since then without getting the gag reflex. Kind of like a lot of people with tequila, only with breakfast sausage instead. Trust me though, it was horrible.
    lol, that probably has something to do with it. I remember going through a long phase of not wanting to eat pizza, since I caught a flu once as a kid and ended up throwing up some half eaten pizza. For a while since then, any sight / smell of pizza made me wanna vomit. Took a while to get past that haha.

man teeg is straightedge lol. I might have gone vegan but only because beer is still on the menu. I'm brewing a new batch every month or so just to keep a supply flowing