Thread: Some guys I like

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

Some guys I like

STEELERS 2020 DRAFT PICKS

Round 1, Pick 18, Traded to Miami ( Fitzpatrick ) Great deal for us! A+ value.

Round 2, Pick 49 - Guys I like so far.

Running back. Etienne - Great speed and production, a 3 down back. A bit like WIlle Parker, not quite as fast but better hands.

Center. Biadasz - Pouncey is expensive and in decline and injured. His snaps were off, he didn't pull like he used too, and he ended the season hurt. Biadasz could start at Guard in 2020, and move to center next year.

Running. Back Taylor - Very productive in the Big ten

Tight End. Okwuebunam - Best TE prospect, we'd be lucky to draft him in round two.

Guard. Stenberg - A fast-rising prospect. Guards tend to have great value in round two.

Round 3, Projected Compensatory pick. ( Projected pick 97-101 ) Guys, I like so far.

Quarterback. Gordon - All-around ability with a good but not great arm. Excellent production. Only 1 year as a starter. The Steelers won't have a top ten pick post, Ben for years. We have too much talent, so this pick makes sense. The future is not Rudolph or Duck.

Defensive Tackle / Nose Tackle. B Jones A very thick and sturdy man who's also very productive vs. the pass in terms of splash plays ( Sacks, batted passes, forced fumbles ) . If Hargrave leaves, this man can take his spot

Safety . A. Davis - Depth at safety is an issue, this would be a luxury pick, but with Edmunds looking like a disappointment, the Steelers ,might go BPA here.

Round 4, some guys I like for the two picks in the round

Round 4, Pick 114

Series 4, Pick 117, From Miami through Tennessee ( Could slide if Tennessee wins a playoff game )

Inside linebacker. KJ Britt, A very productive SEC Backer, Britt has 10 tackles for losses, 2 forced fumbles and 3.5 sacks in 2019

Punter. Branden Mann averaged 51 and 47.1 yards a punt in the last two seasons ( Better than Berry ), but what's interesting about him is he's a punter who can tackle on special teams. Mann has 11 tackles and 1 forced fumble as a punter in the past two seasons, which is pretty much unheard of. He also ran it once for 15 yards.

Round 6, Pick 179 BPA Edge, OG, DL, S

Round 7, Pick 210 BPA Edge, OL, DL, S

***Will add more later ***

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Some guys I like

The most technically sound offensive lineman with enough length and athletic ability to succeed in the NFL available is at the top of my wishlist in round 2. I put an emphasis on technically sound because with deficient coaching physically gifted but raw athletic prospects that can't actually play football will bust out. This is followed by WR or TE. With deficient o-line play and deficient pass catching weapons, the vast majority of QBs who play will struggle
    Last edited by st33lersguy; 01-03-2020 at 09:00 PM.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

I don’t feel that we need a RB, but I do like Etienne.

I’m with you in drafting a QB every year until we find one (who can lead this team for the next decade). Ergo, I’m all for Jacob Eason in R2. But, I’m also very much in favor of drafting an O-lineman at 49.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I don’t feel that we need a RB, but I do like Etienne.

I’m with you in drafting a QB every year until we find one (who can lead this team for the next decade). Ergo, I’m all for Jacob Eason in R2. But, I’m also very much in favor of drafting an O-lineman at 49.
    Look for Michigans Caesar Ruiz OG/C in round 4. Immediately becomes the backup at C, while Finney moves onto another team and he is the eventual replacement for Pouncey.

Move Feiler to LG and insert Banner at RT. Gameday reserves are Chukks at OT and Ruiz at interior line with Derwin Gray and JC Hassenauer in the mix.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Ian Book with the 3rd comp pick.
    Last edited by DesertSteel; 01-07-2020 at 06:25 AM.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Ian Booker with the 3rd comp pick.
    Who?

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Who?
    Meant to type Book. ND QB.

Meant to type Book. ND QB.
    Ok, I thought he was coming back for his senior year.

Ok, I thought he was coming back for his senior year.
    I hadn't seen that, but you're right per google. Probably a good decision on his part. Have you seen enough of him to form an opinion?

I hadn't seen that, but you're right per google. Probably a good decision on his part. Have you seen enough of him to form an opinion?
    I caught a couple games, including the one where he looked terrible and Michigan blew them out. Inconsistent, makes some bad throws into places he shouldn't. Its a good thing for him he stayed around, as he likely would not even get drafted. I think Jamie Newman from Wake Forest is a better NFL prospect than Book and he is transferring out of Wake for his final season.

On the other side of the field, Shea Patterson is a guy that might get himself drafted in the 5th-7th round I think. He was inconsistent his time at Michigan, but since the Penn State game of this year he has looked more solid as a QB. A dual threat guy that actually does a good job of moving around and throwing on the run and can make the right reads and throw in rythmn. I think Nate Stanley of Iowa has a better arm, but is possibly the least mobile guy in the pocket in the draft. Shea Patterson to me is a better prospect than Gardner Minshew was last year, but I honestly don't think Minshew is as technically sound and is more of a circus act right now.

I am with Teegre on the Jacob Eason potentially with the 2nd round pick, or maybe Fromm if either are there, but the reality to me is that both need a QB coach and Fichtner isn't that IMO. So anybody like Shea Patterson or Nate Stanley on day 3 is just trying to hit on another QB that might end up being a player. I think the Steelers still haven't given up on Rudolph, but doesn't mean they don't kick the tires on another QB in the draft or FA.

On QB Gordon, stock down. Has not show a good arm at the senior bowl.

I caught a couple games, including the one where he looked terrible and Michigan blew them out. Inconsistent, makes some bad throws into places he shouldn't. Its a good thing for him he stayed around, as he likely would not even get drafted. I think Jamie Newman from Wake Forest is a better NFL prospect than Book and he is transferring out of Wake for his final season.

On the other side of the field, Shea Patterson is a guy that might get himself drafted in the 5th-7th round I think. He was inconsistent his time at Michigan, but since the Penn State game of this year he has looked more solid as a QB. A dual threat guy that actually does a good job of moving around and throwing on the run and can make the right reads and throw in rythmn. I think Nate Stanley of Iowa has a better arm, but is possibly the least mobile guy in the pocket in the draft. Shea Patterson to me is a better prospect than Gardner Minshew was last year, but I honestly don't think Minshew is as technically sound and is more of a circus act right now.

I am with Teegre on the Jacob Eason potentially with the 2nd round pick, or maybe Fromm if either are there, but the reality to me is that both need a QB coach and Fichtner isn't that IMO. So anybody like Shea Patterson or Nate Stanley on day 3 is just trying to hit on another QB that might end up being a player. I think the Steelers still haven't given up on Rudolph, but doesn't mean they don't kick the tires on another QB in the draft or FA.
    I think Fromm is very over rated. Looks like a fringe starter / back up type to me. Weak arm, not that mobile. On the small side. Accurate short. Needs a system built around him with a good ground game. I give him a 4th round grade.

Love is inaccurate, but has good tools.. Eason stock appears to be on the rise. He could be a first round pick. QB's taken outside of the top 15 ten to be over drafted. I want to see how Eason moves in the pocket. If he shows some mobility ( Shuttle time ) and shows he can throw on the run and doesn't run over a 5.0 40, you could have a talent to work with. Eason could really shoot up the draft board with a good work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Six Rings View Post
    I think Fromm is very over rated. Looks like a fringe starter / back up type to me. Weak arm, not that mobile. On the small side. Accurate short. Needs a system built around him with a good ground game. I give him a 4th round grade.

Love is inaccurate, but has good tools.. Eason stock appears to be on the rise. He could be a first round pick. QB's taken outside of the top 15 ten to be over drafted. I want to see how Eason moves in the pocket. If he shows some mobility ( Shuttle time ) and shows he can throw on the run and doesn't run over a 5.0 40, you could have a talent to work with. Eason could really shoot up the draft board with a good work out.
    What Fromm are you referring to?

I bet Jordan Love goes in the first round and might be moving up to top 20 or higher since his last couple days at the Senior Bowl have been good performances for him.

What Fromm are you referring to?

I bet Jordan Love goes in the first round and might be moving up to top 20 or higher since his last couple days at the Senior Bowl have been good performances for him.
    I've seen him listed mid-first-round in a popular mock this week.

I've seen him listed mid-first-round in a popular mock this week.
    Yup, I heard an evaluator say a couple months ago he could go top 10 and be the Daniel Jones or Patrick Mahomes of this years draft. Doesn't matter really, as the Steelers are not picking there.

Still gonna be curious to see what they do with the 2nd round pick. TE, OLB, QB, WR?

Yup, I heard an evaluator say a couple months ago he could go top 10 and be the Daniel Jones or Patrick Mahomes of this years draft. Doesn't matter really, as the Steelers are not picking there.

Still gonna be curious to see what they do with the 2nd round pick. TE, OLB, QB, WR?
    My honest guess is that they're gonna use the pick on someone they had a (real) 1st round grade on that slips. The position could end up being a shocker.

My honest guess is that they're gonna use the pick on someone they had a (real) 1st round grade on that slips. The position could end up being a shocker.
    Yeah, could be a QB or OG...or considering all the WR/CB talent in this draft they could pick another WR or CB. Personally, the more I look at Adam Trautman the more I see the skillset of Todd Heap or Zach Ertz. I think he is every bit the athlete of Ertz, but a better blocker.